TheOldHat

Where's our Diamond Trophy?

Well we only got the Platinum trophy last year, so I'm not sure another higher trophy would happen anytime soon. It took 6 years to get that trophy (trophies in general were introduced in 2011).

I think 5000 is too much, especially since many people have lower scroll goals (two of each breed, a 'family' of each breed, etc). I'd rather it be 2500 or even 2000. I'd be curious to see how many longer-term players actually have 5k or more, I know people who've been playing for years and just barely have the Platinum amount.

I agree that 5,000 dragons is kind of a big jump from the current highest trophy (platinum at 1,000). 2,500 sounds like something many more people could achieve, rather than only the long term, very active players. 

The reason I said 5000 was mainly because the only people who would have that many are those who have been around for a long time and perhaps those who collect armies of breeds.

Also I misread lol. I thought I read that platinum was 2,500 so I offered 5,000 since that is double. If platinum is at 1,000 I'de definitely want it lower, at most double. So lie 2,000. Though 2,500 sounds nicer somehow.

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I think 5000 is too much, especially since many people have lower scroll goals (two of each breed, a 'family' of each breed, etc). I'd rather it be 2500 or even 2000. I'd be curious to see how many longer-term players actually have 5k or more, I know people who've been playing for years and just barely have the Platinum amount.

What would you even do with your slots for growing things if you have already reached your scroll goals and don't plan on going any further than that?

3 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

What would you even do with your slots for growing things if you have already reached your scroll goals and don't plan on going any further than that?

No idea, I have so few "wants" left already.  Which is why I am a nearly 10 year player with only 1934 dragons.  Maybe I'll eventually get around to some of the breeding projects I've planned out but never started lol.

I like this!! It will take me a while to reach (I'm only Silver atm!!) but I like having goals to work towards and the more egg slots the better!!

3 minutes ago, ShadyKitten777 said:

I like this!! It will take me a while to reach (I'm only Silver atm!!) but I like having goals to work towards and the more egg slots the better!!

No guarantee of that.  TJ said (before he released the platinum WITH a new slot) that even if he did more trophies he wouldn't add more egg slots.  So, he might change his mind, but as HM said it took 6 years for him to make that decision last time.  Don't count on it happening again any time soon.  (also 8 is plenty.  A nice even number.  when 7 was the max everyone complained because they couldn't get four pairs of new eggs one was always an odd ball.  so I would rather not have an odd number again)

Maybe I'm a weirdo, but I find something poetic in the current final trophy limits being double that of what we have when we started. That being said, I'm always desperate for more space, so I'd hardly complain if it did happen, haha.

6 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Well, technically even if your scroll-goals are low for each breed, there are new breeds being released almost every month. I do know people who normally only come around for new releases. Then there are those who have reached all their main goals and now only concentrate on building a few specific lineages. My point was that so many people play differently then the 'hoard everything!' type, so a really high number that only a small group will actually reach isn't really a great idea. 

Well, contrary to most, I'm still quite happy with an 8/24 scroll limit, since 8 is not only an even number, but also a power of 2. Although I certainly wouldn't complain if the limits got raised - but I don't feel that it's actually needed. (And, while at it, talk about the slippery slope "fallacy"...) Eventually, TJ will have to put up an upper limit that stays, or he'll have to increase it time and again - and I think 8 is a perfect number for that.

Actually, if you focus on specific lineages, that can still get you a quite high grown-things count ... it's how I got to 8900 grown dragons as of today.

Well, you'd just have to go 2 trophies up... Maybe mithril? Carbon? Super-sparkly-special awesome-alloy? ;) 

Unobtainium: 16 eggslots, 48 overall slots XD

12/36 would be cool though.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

That would double our limits.

Let's see, we have the following pattern for trophies:

1. bronze: 50+ => 5/15
  2. silver: 200+ => 6/18
  3. gold: 500+ => 7/21
  4. platinum: 1000+ => 8/24
  5. ??? should be 2000+, maybe 2500 => 9/27
  6. ??? should be at no less than 5000 => 10/30
  7. ??? should be at no less than 10,000 => 11/33
  8. ??? should be at no less than 20,000, maybe 25,000 => 12/36
  9. ??? should be at no less than 50,000 => 13/39
  10. ??? should be at no less than 100,000 => 14/42
  11. ??? should be at no less than 200,000 (maybe 250,000) => 15/45
  12. Unobtanium would be at no less than 500,000 => 16/48. 

Sensible and totally do-able. /sarcasm

Edited by olympe
Edited because of typo

But think of all the lineages you could do and play around with, with the limits raised like that? It would be so awesome wouldn't it? (daydreaming of millions of dragon wings) :lol:

Edited by madameM

Having played one collectibles game where you could raise your limits to 100 pretty quickly, I can attest to the fact that it gets boring just as quickly.  No limits =/= more fun. And keeping track of way too many eggs and hatchlings will only result in me forgetting half of the lineages I'm supposed to be working on anyway.

I think another level would be cool, though aesthetically I'd prefer the "Mithril" or other precious metals versus Diamond. But that's just me :D I think evening it out at 10 slots would be good, and it being the final trophy. 2,500 would be a good amount imo, especially if it ends up being the last trophy. 

We'd need two more trophies in order to get to a 10/30 limit. So, 5000.

Just saying.

Support. I'm fine with any proposed total amount required for a Diamond trophy, as long as it's reasonable enough. 2.5k or something sounds good to me.