TheOldHat

Where's our Diamond Trophy?

I also love 10 and multiples of 5 a lot myself. It makes for easy multiplying and configuring in my head and no doubt with others. So I like to officially join my vote to just having two more trophies, one with 9/27 and the last with 10/30.

I still think that 5,000 dragons is an awful lot to aim for with the last trophy? If we were to do that, could someone tell how exactly how many users actually have anything approaching that? Or is it the aim for that last trophy to be the last really hard to reach goal that very few people will ever accomplish?

For the statistics: I started playing in 2009, took a semi-hiatus around 2012-2013, and reached the 5000 grown things sometime in 2016.

I'm approaching 9k in a few days. It definitely helps to have a really good supply of Red Dragons (in addition to that platinum trophy)!

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I started about the same time and am well into the 7k.

There's a good handful of people that have 10k+, actually. Not a *ton*, but enough that I'd think 5k as the final big trophy would be fine. I've been playing 10 years but took at *least* 3 years off altogether, and I'm almost at 7k now. For reference I looked at a few random scrolls (following lineage links), and found 5.8k, 10k, 18k (!!), 12k, 7.3k.... I don't think 5k is *too* out there. I do think it means some players will have to choose between keeping strictly to a limited playstyle and getting the trophy, but yeah that's going to happen regardless.

I always will need more space no matter how many dragons I already have. :lol: I support the addition of another trophy that adds more slots, even if it takes a while to be added. 

48 minutes ago, Indigo_Dragon said:

I still think that 5,000 dragons is an awful lot to aim for with the last trophy? If we were to do that, could someone tell how exactly how many users actually have anything approaching that? Or is it the aim for that last trophy to be the last really hard to reach goal that very few people will ever accomplish?

Not really. I don't really put much effort into raising stuff quickly (like catching AP eggs, incubating everything and keeping my scroll locked), and I've got 6k dragons in 9 years. So, what you consider the "last really hard to reach goal" is something I've accomplished a while back.

Well then, I stand corrected! I'm still unsure what percentage of the player base y'all are but clearly you're not having any problems upping your dragon count.

It just takes time. And constant playing. :) That being said, I'd love to see a trophy that I'll actually have to work towards, at least this once. Whether they come with additional benefits or not is something I don't really care much about, as I'm quite happy with the current limits. Although I'd never say no to higher limits, either. ;) 

Agree. I would love new trophy no matter the limit. Or 2500 dragons or even 10000... It would be superb to increase the number of max eggs/hatchies on scroll :)

Ehhh, tbh I'm good with eight. It can get annoying when I'd like to do a lot of hunting or breeding, but finally a nice, even number... seven being the max for so long drove me insane. If nine became the new upper limit I'd hate it, and honestly, do we really need ten? It'd be great for those weeks when you're playing a lot, but otherwise... mreh. Not rejecting this idea, but no support.

On 10/25/2018 at 2:06 AM, HeatherMarie said:

I think 5000 is too much, especially since many people have lower scroll goals (two of each breed, a 'family' of each breed, etc). I'd rather it be 2500 or even 2000. I'd be curious to see how many longer-term players actually have 5k or more, I know people who've been playing for years and just barely have the Platinum amount.

Well, I've had my scroll since July 2012 and I currently have just under 5,500 dragons. I certainly wouldn't be apposed to the idea of a new trophy and a new egg slot added. 

By the logic that 5000 is too much because some peoples’ scroll goals are 2 of each breed, they wouldn’t even get a Gold, considering two of each breed would come out at, what, 443? Considering there’s 222 breeds atm but you can only get one Leetle? They’d be nowhere near a Platinum. For those whose scroll goals are to get as many as possible, they’d be able to get 5000 easily, as Syiren just pointed out. I feel like adding another trophy for those who wanna collect as many as possible, and for those who like the challenge of getting trophies is reasonable. I really support another trophy for 5000. Heck, even 10,000. That gives me a reason to stick around for even longer :P

Besides, if someone’s scroll goals are only two of each, that is their goal for the game, not collecting trophies.

My point was, a new trophy should be realistic to get by a good number of players. I don't see a reason to implement a new trophy and new benefits if only a handful of players will get it. That's why I was wondering how many players actually have more then 5k. If it's a fairly decent number, then sure. If a fairly decent number are in the 4k range, and therefore could realistically get a 5k trophy eventually, that's cool too. What I don't want is a trophy that most people won't be able to get anytime soon (soon= a couple years). I'm approaching 7k, so it doesn't really bother me personally, but yeah that's my thoughts.

edit: Also, I've been playing for a full 10 years at this point, although I did take a few breaks. I have almost 7k. I know some people who've been playing around that same amount of time and have 10k+, but I believe that's relatively rare. The most I've ever gotten in one year is 1,200-ish. And that's playing *constantly* pretty much every single day. Going by that, it would take a brand-new player around 4 years to get to a 5k trophy. I'm not sure how many players actually stick around that long, or how many have the ability to play every single day all year like I do... Maybe I'm just thinking too much. I just don't like the idea of leaving a large number of people out.

edit again: I was wrong. Apparently I've collected nearly 2k dragons in the past year. ..... Well then. It's possible my argument can be ignored. But again, that's playing obsessively every single day 'cause I have no life, lol.

Edited by HeatherMarie

For the sake of the argument, I'm a lazy casual player. I have weeks where I just don't come on and do anything - I'm often not at my growing things limit. I think I've only hit it like... three? four times in memory. I definitely do not collect as much as I could.

I joined on Jan 25, 2017. I already have a platinum trophy, in less than 11 months of playing.

I think higher limits - like 2.5k and 5k - are perfectly reasonable. I would much rather have a 10 limit than 8 because I think 10 is a nicer number, so personal preference completely there.

I have over 6K and I started 10 years ago.  I wouldn't mind a trophy I had to work towards, because even when the last one came out, I just got it. 

I think the high numbers are a nonissue. It's not supposed to be quick and easy to get. You need to work toward it.

2 hours ago, Firstborn Dragon said:

I have over 6K and I started 10 years ago.  I wouldn't mind a trophy I had to work towards, because even when the last one came out, I just got it. 

Oh yes, this is why I definitely would love new trophies, regardless of numbers... I was a bit (okay, more then a bit) disappointed when I just 'got' the platinum trophy when it came out. I'd love to have a trophy to really work towards. .... Then again that means there would need to be a trophy higher then 7k. So my 5k argument is looking more and more busted. 

I like the many different 'badges' we get in this game, but all except the trophy (I think?) you get simply by participating in an event. I don't think we've had a 'work towards' badge, besides trophies, since the Magikarp one came out. I'd love something that takes some time to get, something I could look forward to for awhile.

18 hours ago, Keileon said:

I think the high numbers are a nonissue. It's not supposed to be quick and easy to get. You need to work toward it.

There's a difference between working towards something and needing to spend years getting something. The number of people who would be eligible for a new trophy level or who are close is pretty low, and if you exclude the people who have been working at it for years, it's even lower.

The numbers were much more favorable for the platinum trophy, but for most of the proposed thresholds after that, exponential growth is against the odds in multiple ways.

7 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

There's a difference between working towards something and needing to spend years getting something. The number of people who would be eligible for a new trophy level or who are close is pretty low, and if you exclude the people who have been working at it for years, it's even lower.

The numbers were much more favorable for the platinum trophy, but for most of the proposed thresholds after that, exponential growth is against the odds in multiple ways.

How many people are around 2,500? 5,000 I can see being too much but I'd think 2,500 isn't that absurd a leap from platinum. (if not maybe 2,000).

4 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

How many people are around 2,500? 5,000 I can see being too much but I'd think 2,500 isn't that absurd a leap from platinum. (if not maybe 2,000).

Everything I said above applies to both 2,000 and 5,000 thresholds. I lost the spreadsheet I was crunching numbers in yesterday, but it was significant.

Ah. Does that count active users, or all users ever? I wouldn't think it'd make sense to count people who only played once 10 years ago, but again I could see people not having 2,500. I don't myself (but I'm close).

6 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Ah. Does that count active users, or all users ever? I wouldn't think it'd make sense to count people who only played once 10 years ago, but again I could see people not having 2,500. I don't myself (but I'm close).

Yep, only active users were counted.

So, what would you propose? 5th trophy at 2500, then another trophy at every 5000, 7500, 10,000 and so on? Or is that too much already and should be more along the lines of 2k, 3k, 4k and so on? You'll also have to take the (probably) raised egg limits into account on top of that - if they happen, that is.

I dunno... this game has absolutely nothing in terms of long-term gameplay. There's literally nothing here to keep users coming back unless you keep releasing new dragon breeds for the rest of forever. There's no activities, no goals to work towards... once you have the sprites/lineages you want, what are you supposed to do?

Other features of the site are unnecessarily difficult/inflated for keeping people here - zombies, ratios, etc - so why not have higher trophies be like that? 

There's no real benefit to being a long term user - why not let people have a reward for long term investment when there's literally nothing else on this entire site that's a reward for being here so long. 

One could argue that eventually being a long term user will have the benefit of shards but like... you get so few shards a week even if you hit the limit and anything worth anything costs so much and lineages take so many CB dragons it's kinda null. 

I'm assuming that's way too high with what he's said. 1.5k, 2k, 2.5k, etc sounds more reasonable, but I'm gonna say we're not gonna see anything for a while.