TJ09

2018-10-25 - Halloween Event

5 minutes ago, blackdragon71 said:

I was finally able to break free, by going back to the path, wandering off, going left, then turning right.  But now, after having waved goodbye to the dragons, I keep getting returned to my scroll, and dammit, I want me some taters!  XD  

LOL, yeah, I noticed that right-left things now, too. Looks like it is not always sensible to do the proper thing for labyrinths ^^

But yeah, I got no potatoes either *sniff*

Just now, Astreya said:

LOL, yeah, I noticed that right-left things now, too. Looks like it is not always sensible to do the proper thing for labyrinths ^^

But yeah, I got no potatoes either *sniff*

You had to go back to your home and go to the cellar for some potatos. :D

2 minutes ago, LadyLyzar said:

Trick or Treat runs separately from the adventure.  You'll be able to collect treats until the event ends.

Awesome! May I ask how often will the Halloween cave restock? Or how often do the caves in general restock?

31 minutes ago, anetofstars said:

There's a Weeping Angel in the Tricks/Treats for us Doctor Who fans!

Don't blink! 

Enjoying the little treat collection (love the '18 banner!) and the event, so far :3 I find the text enjoyable to read, as I've always loved those "choose your own adventures". I was expecting something more interactive, like last year, but am not disappointed. Stuff like "Your inner anarchist swells with pride as you hop off the path" made me laugh.

Can't wait to grab myself some more CBs from previous years; especially need 1 witchlight to make up for the 7-max-slot thing from 2 years ago. One thing that is a bit annoying about Halloween compared to the other events is that there's no CB limit to prevent the same people from grabbing up the eggs in high demand. At least I won't have that issue with the new release XD (not gonna bother now, as there are sooo many people in the cave.)

Just now, Lady Dragoon said:

I was sent home to my scroll - but guess what? There ain't no potatoes on my scroll's cellar. The dragons ate them all!

1 minute ago, maskeradeplays said:

Awesome! May I ask how often will the Halloween cave restock? Or how often do the caves in general restock?

On the 5 minute mark :), so 2:30, 2:35, 2:40..etc :D

You know, this apprant climactic battle between me and... (I'm dubbing her Bellatrix (cuz she seems like that Harry Potter cucu)  is really awesome with Sephiroth's theme playing in the background. Thank you random youtube playlist. xD

The Halloween biome runs on the same schedule as the rest of the cave - lots of eggs at the top of the hour, and some every five minutes.  Right now the demand is very high, so they are disappearing quickly.  Once people have egg locked themselves, it should slow down.

1 minute ago, Lady Dragoon said:

Yep, we know, but now that we have all the totems shown off, we can't go back home.   We just end up getting redirected to our scrolls.  *weeps 5ever*

Omg there is the *cutest* big-eyed spider as a treat!! .... I'm pretty sure that's a spider, anyways. May be the only spider I will ever call cute.

3 minutes ago, Lady Dragoon said:

There really were potatoes? 😲 It wasn't just those totems that look like potatoes?

omg I'm laughing at the literal pun of the description. xD Whoever did this part is a genius! 

Spoiler

Omen Wyrms fear running water....cuz you're running WITH the water. xD

The Halloweening begins!

:D

Time to do stuff! 

...Later.

I need to sleep.

4 minutes ago, StormBirdRising said:

There really were potatoes? 😲 It wasn't just those totems that look like potatoes?

Yeah, when you first started you had to choice to go into the woods or go back to your home, if you go back to your character's home you would need go to the cellar and get some potatos.

@Astreya and @blackdragon71 I got a potato, i can cut in half and give you each a half if you want. :D

(also how dare those dragons eat the potatos, *wiggles fingers at them*)

4 minutes ago, Sylviadragon said:

so i got 23 items from the Halloween event. is that all of them or did you guys find more? 

I have 24 objects in the master list... 🙃

Wow I only have 14 items. I must have missed a lot while reading through. I could have sworn I did everything possible and yet I forgot the potatoes!

Wait, there were 24 items to collect in the event? I finished it with far less than that...I guess I didn't look around enough. Darn.

4 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

I only have 15, with no way to go back to get the others?  Can that be fixed, or are those of us in that boat just basically up the creek without a paddle and potatoes?

1 minute ago, The Dragoness said:

Wait, there were 24 items to collect in the event? I finished it with far less than that...I guess I didn't look around enough. Darn.

It's okay; everyone's journey will be different. There's a part where you literally can only experience one of two mutually-exclusive choices, I believe.

7 minutes ago, Sylviadragon said:

so i got 23 items from the Halloween event. is that all of them or did you guys find more? 

2 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

Just finished & holy cow!  Was just coming to ask that same question - seems like I stumbled over all 24 somehow :oXD!

Great little choose your own adventure, thank you so much to everyone who worked on it!  Immediately want to do it over - I didn't take all the choices available, even if it seems like I cleaned up on the collectibles, & would like to read the extra text bits & re-read the scenes that made me laugh!  *omg the potato!*

3 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

It's okay; everyone's journey will be different. There's a part where you literally can only experience one of two mutually-exclusive choices, I believe.

My journey was fun for sure! But, I am sad that I only have 15 items. I really thought I was thorough too.

Also, whoever snuck in that awesome Baterang trick or treat, I flipping love you. I LOVE Batman Beyond and I know that style belong to the Terry version of the dark knight! :D