TJ09

2018-10-25 - Halloween Event

52 minutes ago, Cowfish249 said:

Has anyone made a walkthrough on how to get all 24 items?

I'd love to be able to grab the stuff I missed on the second go.

There’s one on page 13 I believe 

I wonder if the potatoes are a clue as to how the new Halloween Dragon will look like?

Imagine this...you have a bowl of potatoes intended for dinner and instead they turn into dragons and make you dinner!!!

Man, for only being a year old Omens seem to be in REALLY high demand. Everyone wants a CB omen wyrm this week. Was there like...A mass blackout last year that I was never told about or just forgot? I'm just wondering why they're in such demand when they flooded and most people grabbed a bunch of them just last year. Not only that but a considerable amount didn't seem to like them very much, was there a change of heart? Where most people actually loving them and most just didn't voice their approval? Do I remember incorrectly and they where actually the next xenos in terms of player popularity?

It's not that I don't like omens, I like them quite a bit (though even without the fire they look nothing like any trees I've seen so i'm not sure how that works), they are on fire (PURPLE fire of all things, I LOVE purple!), they are wyrms, they are huge and very detailed, there are lots of reasons to like them. I'm just curious why so many people are going bananas over them all of the sudden.

And I know we already had vampire dragons but I think a wyvern based on a bat would be neat.

Or maybe a giant wyvern based on owls and the mothman. With glowing red eyes that cause fits of nightmarish hallucinations to stun prey while it glides after it at incredible speeds with eerily still and un-moving wings to catch them in it's talons.

Image result for the mothman

Or a dragon based on the banshee! I'd hope for it an eastern for this one, they kinda are flowy and have the main that could be used to give the dragons the long white locks the banshee is described as having.

Image result for banshee

Or a leviathan (water dragon) based on the kelpie that drowns it's victims by luring them onto it's back and pulling them under.

Image result for kelpie mythology

Edited by blockEdragon

9 hours ago, Wiz said:

I want a scrufflus.

Yess! I'd love one of those things on my scroll. 

I'm trying to stay unlocked (well, enough..) for the new breed in less then 12 hours (ack!), but I have a few freeze slots left (only a few) so I've been hunting the AP for messies to freeze. Surprisingly few messies in there. Did find a few beautiful  ones though.

Yeah I'm not sure why they (omens) are so popular this year. I feel like I blacked out too or something. I do feel like the valentine soulstones might turn out really in demand this year though considering how many people killed theirs in rebellion after the sprite change. However the halloweens didn't have that much of a problem so I can't understand how so many people need cave borns unless they just really like them and want more to go with last years.

Edited by TerraAnne

2 hours ago, Cowfish249 said:

Has anyone made a walkthrough on how to get all 24 items?

I'd love to be able to grab the stuff I missed on the second go.

There is one on page 13 of this thread. It covers the main steps you need to follow to get everything.

A moth-based dragon would be hilarious because memes.  That being said, I feel like the caligenes fill the mothlike-dragon niche quite well.  I'm wondering if a more innocent dragon (like pumpkins) would be nice for a change.  Something like a candy-based drake might be nice, with multicoloured, glassy wings and a rainbow body.  A forest based or shadow based dragon would be cool too.  Oh!  Maybe something based off of inner demons since they're the most terrifying creatures of all!  Not sure how that'd be worked into a dragon though.  And now I have too many ideas for possible holiday dragons.

There used to be some really nice concepts in DR that would have made great Halloween dragons as well.  Too bad a bunch of them were killed off (I remember there being a virus dragon and a slenderman inspired dragon in the completed list at some point).  

cfdGtlY.jpg

Maybe I'm just realllllllllllllllllllly late, but has anyone noticed the Witchlight eggs occasionally blink???

ToT credits are up on the first page.

1 hour ago, Draconiusultamius said:

A moth-based dragon would be hilarious because memes.  That being said, I feel like the caligenes fill the mothlike-dragon niche quite well.  I'm wondering if a more innocent dragon (like pumpkins) would be nice for a change.  Something like a candy-based drake might be nice, with multicoloured, glassy wings and a rainbow body.  A forest based or shadow based dragon would be cool too.  Oh!  Maybe something based off of inner demons since they're the most terrifying creatures of all!  Not sure how that'd be worked into a dragon though.  And now I have too many ideas for possible holiday dragons.

There used to be some really nice concepts in DR that would have made great Halloween dragons as well.  Too bad a bunch of them were killed off (I remember there being a virus dragon and a slenderman inspired dragon in the completed list at some point).  

The Mothman cryptid isn't actually a moth. it's more owl-like than anything. It doesn't actually have that much to do with animals besides a large barn owl outside of it's normal area being the actual creature sighted the night of the report. Wikipedia article on the Mothman

Image result for mothman

It's basically a spooky bipedal creature with seemingly no head/neck and eyes on the body and stiff wings that don't really move but glide, the story goes that if caught up with the car while it was going over 100 MPH and it's glowing red eyes cause emotional distress ranging from lasting a week, a year or even a lifetime. Some stories say it's a mutant others say it's an alien.

It was credited as the reason a bridge fell when a photo of a falling piece of metal was supposedly the creature "flew" off the bridge soon before it's collapse, giving rise to the rumor that it's either the cause or warning of disaster to come.

Image result for the mothman photo bridge

At least that's what it is in the stories I've heard.

Also I kind of hate the idea of a Halloween dragon that's not at least a bit scary. We get nothing but innocent/benevolent dragons in the other two events; Halloween is basically the only time we get aggressive/cool/bada** holiday dragons.

Edited by blockEdragon

9 minutes ago, blockEdragon said:

Also I kind of hate the idea of a Halloween dragon that's not at least a bit scary. We get nothing but innocent/benevolent dragons in the other two events; Halloween is basically the only time we get aggressive/cool/bada** holiday dragons.

Yeah, but I want one that's more neutral for once. Black Marrows are creepy scavengers but they're also caring parents. Shadow Walkers are ethereal and mysterious. Then we've had nothing but aggressive, malevolent monsters since. It wouldn't hurt to have one that, say, is unpredictably whimsical and can be helpful or harmful depending on the specific dragon and its mood. Or one that is generally friendly but is a dangerous badass if you try to provoke it or take advantage of its less aggressive nature.

True, it doesn't have to be all sweetness and light to be not pure evil. Some kind of candy-themed "trick or treat" concept would be awesome. 

i'd also still love some kind of bright red devil thing, but I love red dragons, so I'm biased.

Honestly, I'd also like to see something more along the lines of the Graves again - traditional Halloween orange, black, and white, maybe with some touches of violet and/or green. Just a very traditional look. Desipis comes close but there's not quite enough orange on them. And Pumpkins are all orange. So I'd love to see a more balanced orange-and-black color scheme.

I've been saying this for years, but I'm still into the concept of a werewolf-dragon, too. 

(And to be fair, the Christmas and Valentine dragons aren't 100% squishies. Aegides are obvious badasses. Mutamores can be grumpy and unpleasant and even during their breeding season their behavior is kind of annoying. Heartstealings are literally thieves, even if they try to matchmake through their thievery.So there's more balanced temperaments than it may seem at first glance.)

Edited by Lurhstaap

16 minutes ago, TCA said:

Yeah, but I want one that's more neutral for once. Black Marrows are creepy scavengers but they're also caring parents. Shadow Walkers are ethereal and mysterious. Then we've had nothing but aggressive, malevolent monsters since. It wouldn't hurt to have one that, say, is unpredictably whimsical and can be helpful or harmful depending on the specific dragon and its mood. Or one that is generally friendly but is a dangerous badass if you try to provoke it or take advantage of its less aggressive nature.

Definitely agree. I'd love a Halloween dragon that isn't so in-your-face Halloweeny, something more subtle... Instead of 'omg evil doooom creepy scary!!' let's have a Halloween dragon that's more 'pleasant until provoked and then watch out!', or a nice calm dragon that happens to have a dark side sometimes. A dragon can totally be Halloween-themed without being 'omg evil!!!!' like the more recent ones have been.

24 minutes ago, TCA said:

I know but we get nice/neutral dragons ALL THE TIME (once in a while we'll get a nexus or fell kind of dragon but they're a minority). I'm not saying they all have to be desipis but a few dragons that aren't all love-and hugs is a great thing.

Maybe if we got a Christmas/valentine dragon that's an absolute beast (and not ultimately benevolent like the aegis) i'd be more open to it but since the spriters/TJ have shown no sign of wanting to do that (heartstealings couldn't even have the *element* of darkness because DARK R EVUL) I'm just not really fond of the idea. We already have too few scary/aggressive/bada** dragons on the site as is.

If you like nice/not-mean dragons you get not one but TWO events devoted to them and the majority of normal releases.

Edited by blockEdragon

I'd love something different this year. Hoping for a Halloween Eastern or Lindwyrm! I'd love to see another color as well, pink would be awesome for a Halloween breed. 

43 minutes ago, blockEdragon said:

I know but we get nice/neutral dragons ALL THE TIME (once in a while we'll get a nexus or fell kind of dragon but they're a minority). I'm not saying they all have to be desipis but a few dragons that aren't all love-and hugs is a great thing.

Maybe if we got a Christmas/valentine dragon that's an absolute beast (and not ultimately benevolent like the aegis) i'd be more open to it but since the spriters/TJ have shown no sign of wanting to do that (heartstealings couldn't even have the *element* of darkness because DARK R EVUL) I'm just not really fond of the idea. We already have too few scary/aggressive/bada** dragons on the site as is.

If you like nice/not-mean dragons you get not one but TWO events devoted to them and the majority of normal releases.

Just because Halloween is the “scary” holiday doesn’t mean that all of our fierce/evil dragons need to be lumped into it. They could be a year-round thing, but that’s all up to artists and conceptors. Personally I would appreciate some more diversity in all of our holiday dragons—right now, not many stray far from a pretty specific set of characteristics. (e.g. all current Halloweens aside from pumpkins focus only on the “monster horror” aspect of the holiday.)

Edited by Niyaka

1 hour ago, TCA said:

I really like this idea! Hopefully we see something like this and not just a totally evil dragon. It gives me the idea of an impish dragon that judges the nature of the humans it meets and can either be unexpectedly kind and helpful (unexpected based on its creepy appearance) or a nightmare to 'bad people.'

@Wei55 I am pretty sure that's how it works, and they will drop for 24 hours (the entire day of the 31st)

Edited by Aqub

1 hour ago, blockEdragon said:

Agree with this.

Event dragons are meant to represent the festivity spirit/meaning/themes and traditions, are they? Halloween is all about death and fear, spirits and souls of the dead, and so on, so I think it's right having evil and beastly dragons this time of the year. Having a cute and cuddling dragon for Halloween would be out of theme like having a hateful one for Valentine's.

I missed the omen last year, so yeah, i have a major need. i only need one more egg to have my breeding pair.

I only want 2 cbs or each gender when it comes to holiday dragons, i dont breed much except like frills and frills and frills

17 minutes ago, Miaplacidus said:

Agree with this.

Event dragons are meant to represent the festivity spirit/meaning/themes and traditions, are they? Halloween is all about death and fear, spirits and souls of the dead, and so on, so I think it's right having evil and beastly dragons this time of the year. Having a cute and cuddling dragon for Halloween would be out of theme like having a hateful one for Valentine's.

Not the pumpkins:

Pumpkin Dragons are a very small breed, named after their affinity for pumpkins. They are always found living inside hollowed-out pumpkins, and are only seen during the harvest season. Young children often hollow out and decorate their pumpkins in the hope that a Pumpkin Dragon will make it his or her home.

They seem to be more for the harvest side of October and they are a cute Halloween dragon..

(Though yes, all the other Halloween dragons are death/spirits/whatnot.)

Edited by Lady Dragoon

I mean, we got ghost, pumpkins, zombies , flame skeletons (omen are ghost rider confirm), pure darkness (lurker).....how about pure skeletons? a headless dragon 8well not purely headless, but invisible neck?)

Edited by Yubelchen