TJ09

2018-10-25 - Halloween Event

i was a little late to the party, but wow. everyone who worked on the event has really outdone themselves! messing about with my halloween dragons and playing the choose-your-own-adventure has really put me in the spooky spirit. thank you so much, dragcave, for making my holidays better!

25 minutes ago, azila said:

Unless I'm somehow missing something, I seem to be stuck in a loop of just...following the left/right path in the event? I've tried wandering off the path, tried going left, tried going right, but I just wind up in front of the "familiar looking cave" without any sort of hint as to how to progress further. It could be that I'm missing something really obvious, or it could be a glitch of some kind, but either way :P 

I got stuck there for a long time, too. I forget how I got out of it, but you do have to wander off the path, I think. Then just keep trying different combinations of left and right until you find the right one. The walk-through on p13 does not deal with this problem, but I assume it is an intended thing, since they keep talking about the path that goes in a circle even when you think you are going straight.

55 minutes ago, azila said:

Unless I'm somehow missing something, I seem to be stuck in a loop of just...following the left/right path in the event? I've tried wandering off the path, tried going left, tried going right, but I just wind up in front of the "familiar looking cave" without any sort of hint as to how to progress further. It could be that I'm missing something really obvious, or it could be a glitch of some kind, but either way :P 

If I remember correctly, after you wander off the path it's left and then right, and then you get new options. I think. 

I was trying to explain the game to my mom (who has listened to me ramble about DC for years), it's interesting to see the reaction of someone who's never actually played and doesn't really 'get' online games. 

12 hours ago, Rosastrasza said:

I don't know who made it, but I really liked the anchor necklace ToT item! I (hope) it's a reference to Jaina Proudmoore in BfA, but if not it's still really nice looking!

Thanks to all the artists and writers for the wonderful event though!

I bought an old one, it was over 25 yrs old at the time, in a small Hong Kong Shop back around 1966 and have been wearing it ever since...  Had to buy a new chain twice. iirc

Witchlights shows their green glowing eyes when they're about to hatch! Oh my gosh, I need at least 50 more!

Erk... if only I could get an Omen wyrm egg. Every time I try, it's been snipered. All I want is just 1-2 eggs before the event ends. >.<

25 minutes ago, windchaser_1_2 said:

Erk... if only I could get an Omen wyrm egg. Every time I try, it's been snipered. All I want is just 1-2 eggs before the event ends. >.<

Sent you a PM :)

I have 2 CB Graves, 2 CB Desipis, 1 CB Pumpkin, 1 CB Caligene, and 1 CB Witchlight up for grabs when they cool down. PM me if you want, otherwise I will abandon when they cool off.

Edited by Tetelestai

*cough* It would be really nice to have a lot more Omens dropping.  Most people aren't interested in clicking on the other CB's anymore, so the biome gets stagnant a lot.  I've been hunting for hours over the course of several days, and haven't been able to get one.  They've been so scarce that people are asking for a CB gold/silver for just a pair of CB eggs. 

Edited by Cielmuir

29 minutes ago, windchaser_1_2 said:

Same here, friend, I've been trying to catch one for days, but nothing doing. I rarely see them, and no matter how quickly I click them, I'm always too late.

5 minutes ago, Cielmuir said:

*cough* It would be really nice to have a lot more Omens dropping.  Most people aren't interested in clicking on the other CB's anymore, so the biome gets stagnant a lot.  I've been hunting for hours over the course of several days, and haven't been able to get one.  They've been so scarce that people are asking for a CB gold/silver for just a pair of CB eggs. 

I second that!

I'm curious how the drop rates are determined for the different Halloween breeds.... I remember TJ commenting on drop rates in the holiday biome but I can't remember which holiday it was or what he said. Are Omens dropping considerably less then other breeds, or is it just that they are picked up so much faster then the others? 

I'm frustratingly locked right now, 24 growing things with nothing that will grow up for 11 more hours. That's the worst part of the holiday hunting, waiting impatiently to be able to hunt again!

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

Are Omens dropping considerably less then other breeds, or is it just that they are picked up so much faster then the others?

When the Halloween biome was moving briskly, I would see an average of 1 omen in every 5-minute drop, and at least 3 eggs for all the other breeds.

Apart from the scarcity of the Omen wyrms, I'm really enjoying this Halloween Event. Bred the first batch of my Halloweens and caught some pretties in the AP. B)

The story is wonderful - played it twice so far, tried out different things and had a lot of fun!

Haven't collected all the treats yet, but I will, there's plenty of time left. As usual, I don't get all the references, but never mind, they all look great! My favourites so far are the pumpkins, the crows and the little green dragons. And of course the cats.  😺 😸 😻

So as always, many thanks to everyone involved - great job, you outdid yourselves!

Now where are those elusive Omen wyrms...??

2 hours ago, windchaser_1_2 said:

I feel ya! I’m the same. 😥

Got the last of the trick or treating done, finally! I love that freaky purple-mouthed pumpkin, it reminds me of the Halloween movie (the original 1978 version, not the new one). John Carpenter at his finest...

This event was really cool :) Thanks to those involved. Also the Spyro and possibly Inside(?) ToTs were especially great!

1 hour ago, purpledragonclaw said:

Got the last of the trick or treating done, finally! I love that freaky purple-mouthed pumpkin, it reminds me of the Halloween movie (the original 1978 version, not the new one). John Carpenter at his finest...

Do you mean this one?

17idd0a.png

That's a Tarr, from the game Slime Rancher.

For everyone hoping for an Omen Wyrm, I feel your pain. I was like that, before I eventually got the luck of grabbing one and having the lovely @adrak send me one. I know you'll get some soon, because if you wait patiently enough, you will be rewarded.

I get so confused about the timing of stuff because of timezones. So, will the new Halloween dragons be dropping in 1 day and 6 hours or 2 days and 6 hours?

I am pretty sure one of the trinkets I just grabbed is a Constantine reference, and if it is, whoever made it has all of my love right now (and even if it's not, you still get my love cuz the trinkets are so good).

I'm fortuitously in cave time, so I'll see if I can work it out.  From today until tomorrow (which is the 30th) is one day.  Halloweens drop at the start of Halloween, because they don't drop in November (the nice thing is that you can pick them up while you wait to go trick-or-treating, at least around here.)  From the evening of the 30th is 6 hours until it spills over into the 31st.

@bonvoyage, assuming I haven't made a grievous miscarriage of math, it should be 1 day 6 hours.

Wonderful player sent one to me! Thank you so much for my new Eggie. I actually had fun with the random path event this year. 

34 minutes ago, Pilauli said:

I'm fortuitously in cave time, so I'll see if I can work it out.  From today until tomorrow (which is the 30th) is one day.  Halloweens drop at the start of Halloween, because they don't drop in November (the nice thing is that you can pick them up while you wait to go trick-or-treating, at least around here.)  From the evening of the 30th is 6 hours until it spills over into the 31st.

@bonvoyage, assuming I haven't made a grievous miscarriage of math, it should be 1 day 6 hours.

Ok awesome! Thank you 🙂

I've somehow missed all the Halloweens before this one, (So much catching up with that now Dx) so I'm quite confused about something.

When the new breed drops, will the older Halloween eggs keep dropping along or will it be only the new breed? Or will it drop everywhere in the other biomes while the Halloween biome keeps dropping older breeds?