TJ09

2018-10-25 - Halloween Event

I don't know who made it, but I really liked the anchor necklace ToT item! I (hope) it's a reference to Jaina Proudmoore in BfA, but if not it's still really nice looking!

Thanks to all the artists and writers for the wonderful event though!

1 hour ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I don’t even watch Dr Who and I knew what it was XD I blame creepy pastas.

Haha yeah, I knew it right away despite never having watched the show, I have way too many friends who watch it and constantly talk about it. (Same reason I know way too much about Supernatural, and probably 10+ other shows...)

I'm glad I went back and re-did the beginning of the game for the potatoes and such, I wasn't going to because I wasn't all that impressed with the game in general, but it was totally worth it. I love how the game's 'narrator' or whatever has some snark!

I wish that since there's more Halloween breeds out, we'd get like maybe an extra week to breed more... one week really doesn't seem like enough anymore. to me anyway...

11 minutes ago, DragonNeko said:

I wish that since there's more Halloween breeds out, we'd get like maybe an extra week to breed more... one week really doesn't seem like enough anymore. to me anyway...

The short time limit is chaotic and headache inducing and makes you play favorites, for sure—but in some ways that’s why I enjoy holiday season more than any other time on DC. It gives me a rush that normal gameplay doesn’t. 

Then again I might be biased, I spend most of September giving people pretty things to bribe them into helping me hatch holiday eggs, so I don’t have to be as choosy as most XD

I'm glad I got to replay...the first time I got 14 items.  This time I managed to get 23 of the 24.  I know which one I am missing and how to get it but I think that I will be satisfied, at least for tonight, with the 23.  This was a fun event.  Got all the treats.  Now waiting for the new Halloween dragons!

Thanks TJ, spriters and writers!

I went back through the haunted forest again and ended up with all the items this time. It was actually more fun the second time through because I knew a bit more what to expect and figured out quicker how to get out of that endless circle path. I loved all the flavor text and the humor! Thanks to the creators and writers and everyone else involved.

And I am always impressed by the ToT items. It is amazing how much detail can be fitted into such small spaces. I totally miss the references, but don't need that to appreciate them just for the art. Thanks to all the artists who submitted them this year.

Thanks to TJ for presenting us with the event and for opening it back up to do again (and again if we want to!).

I'm scroll locked with lots of lovelies from the AP and a few of my own breeding. I still hope to find a few more, but I am being a little cautious now because I don't want to end up hatchie locked when it is time for the new dragons! I still have most of my CB Halloweens (all but Pumpkins and Marrows) unbred and have no plans for any of them, so if anyone wants something bred for them, just let me know.

Now to see what our new dragon will be.

Yup gotta agree, I really love all of the Trick-or-treat sprites XD  I think it would be nice if there was a master list of all the 49 sprites and the references and descriptions of each one ❤️

EDIT: And I also really love the Halloween story adventure. Reading the story and finding all the items is just the best experience, I always look forward to these events each year. Thank you so much Dragon Cave team. You are all amazing 🐲

Edited by AshallynTallyn
To add some more to my post

Oh gosh, ready for my second batch to hatch!

I managed my goals for this Halloween, now I'm kinda free to grab some more CB's or try and look for something pretty in the AP.

I replayed the story and managed to get all 24 of the items! Yay! 🎉

And honestly, this is the cutest thing:

Spoiler

585219670_Capturadepantalla2018-10-28alas9_48_11.thumb.png.5ccc3100351b01cedd47ddd993509487.png

For some reason, it made me go "aaawwww!".

17 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

what loop? where you get stuck on the path or something else? a few glitches have popped up for a few people in help, but seem to be fixed fairly fast after a post.

what it shows:  

Go toward the stream...

Go to the tunnel of vines...

Go toward the tallest tree...

These are the three options when I re-enter the game.  I have started from the different options and followed them through the different twists and turns, over and over again and still end up at the same three options...

At this point, I'm not gonna worry about it.  I've played it two times and had 13 tokens the first timw and after that, 23 tokens.  I'm OK with that...

Thanks for the games, TJ and spriters and writers... 

Edited by Husky51

What happens if the player meets the pygmies...

Spoiler

for the first time after getting the moonberry's totem? I only tried meeting them before I got the totem there, and then heading back to get the sorry note.

7 hours ago, Rosastrasza said:

I don't know who made it, but I really liked the anchor necklace ToT item! I (hope) it's a reference to Jaina Proudmoore in BfA, but if not it's still really nice looking!

Thanks to all the artists and writers for the wonderful event though!

Yes you are right! I just loved the song from her for BfA, I just had to make her necklace.

The event was alright but only because I'm not a fan of these types haha, too much reading. Love the tokens tho! And can't wait to see what kind of Halloween dragon we'll get this year

10 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Some of this game is ridiculous, but in the most amusing way....

Hide contents

My only option is the throw a stick at the witch? Really? Don't I have a sword in my inventory? I seriously laughed out loud when I saw that. Throw a stick at her!

Spoiler

at least if you have the pumpkin you can throw it at her. LOL

10 hours ago, daba555 said:

DH did go through again, and there are 15 story items,not 14.

oh. whoa..read that 24 as 14...well, how many times can one go through this thing,anyway.

10 hours ago, daba555 said:

DH did go through again, and there are 15 story items,not 14.

Did he go back to the house? That's where you find a lot of the stuff. Even I missed that before I knew there was 24. Thus why a lot of people asked to go back and play it again. When we got the chance I went back to the house and got a lot of what I missed. There is a walkthrough on page 13. That will help. It did with me. ^^

WB

Just now, Wolfs_Bane said:

Did he go back to the house? That's where you find a lot of the stuff. Even I missed that before I knew there was 24. Thus why a lot of people asked to go back and play it again. When we got the chance I went back to the house and got a lot of what I missed. There is a walkthrough on page 13. That will help. It did with me. ^^

WB

thank you :)

1 hour ago, Shajana said:

Yes you are right! I just loved the song from her for BfA, I just had to make her necklace.

NGL, totally started singing Daughter of the Sea when I saw it. It definitely made my day!

Why aren't Omen Wyrms as common compared to the previous year's dragon for the other Holidays?

30 minutes ago, Chaos Rider said:

Why aren't Omen Wyrms as common compared to the previous year's dragon for the other Holidays?

The newest breeds are always the ones that get picked up more and faster because people hadn't had time to collect as many as they did with the older ones.

Unless I'm somehow missing something, I seem to be stuck in a loop of just...following the left/right path in the event? I've tried wandering off the path, tried going left, tried going right, but I just wind up in front of the "familiar looking cave" without any sort of hint as to how to progress further. It could be that I'm missing something really obvious, or it could be a glitch of some kind, but either way :P