TJ09

2018-10-25 - Halloween Event

That Mismagius kept appearing in my story inventory and I wondered where I had picked that up XD 

That said, I really love those sort of stories. It makes it an actual adventure when you have to choose your way. However, I wish I was able to replay it at the end to get all the items though. Maybe after the event is over?

I really enjoyed the story this event- but I don't think I got all the items. That, and the fact that it was a pretty fun little storyline (I always love the CYOAs ^^) makes me wish we were able to replay the event. Maybe they'll add that in as an option later? I seem to recall them doing that with the Valentines CYOA a few years back.

Edited by Knickknaks12

omg, that Tonberry treat! xD Seriously, those guys are perfect for Halloween! I demand there be a Final Fantasy where they carry little Halloween buckets for real, they look so perfect! :wub:

Also totally love that beautiful horse treat! my gosh, it's so elegant! Spriters, you guys have seriously outdone yourselves this time. 

I only managed to catch 14 items in my inventory. Does anyone know if TJ will allow us to go back into the game and get the items we missed. I'm bummed I missed out on so many. 

3 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

I finished the Halloween event, following the walkthrough on page 13, but I seem to be missing an item. I think I'm missing the flower from this comment. Does someone have a screenshot of that one, so I can confirm? (I'm sick at the moment, so my brain isn't working well. Yes, I genuinely think I might have a flower without being able to identify it. XD)

Spoiler

image.gif.3afb415848c69312e61d9855bd847d8a.gif

I seem to be trapped.  I keep getting the same options for at least 8 minutes or more.  The options: 

Keep following the path

Wander off the path

These options never get me to any new text.  Is this a glitch?  I'm currently stuck and can't seem to do anything.  I'd like to finish this, if it is possible.

What great fun the Adventure was! Thanks so much! Wonderful to grab more old "'weens"!

Ooh pretty 2nd gen omens! I'm really looking forward to being able to pick some up once the first batch hatches 🙂

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:
  Hide contents

image.gif.3afb415848c69312e61d9855bd847d8a.gif

❤️ Thank you very much! I definitely don't have this. It's good to have confirmation. (But sad that I missed it - it's a very pretty sprite!)

1 hour ago, Sheelah said:

Hide contents

I seem to be trapped.  I keep getting the same options for at least 8 minutes or more.  The options: 

Keep following the path

Wander off the path

These options never get me to any new text.  Is this a glitch?  I'm currently stuck and can't seem to do anything.  I'd like to finish this, if it is possible.

Spoiler

wander off the path, go left then go right.

Collected all ToTs and

Spoiler

while I thought the Jayne hat couldn't be topped (which I got pretty much right at the start the I got a Tonberry and a Chocobo (yay FF) still Jayne hat... then there was the killer squirrel... but I think the itsy bitsy fuzzy spider definitely holds a special place in my heart. It's so CUTE❤️ It's a very specuial ToT whne the Doctor Who one isn't my favourite.

Edited by Herk

Spoiler

Holding the bucket of water at arm's length, you sprint back the way you came, heading for the distinctive amorphous shadow that marks the last totem's location.

The Omen Wyrm hisses loudly and pursues you, but it keeps its distance from the bucket. You've heard that Omen Wyrms won't cross running water, but you're not entirely sure that this is what the rumor meant.

This might be my favorite part!

Yeah, we definitely need a candy corn pygmy.  Yellow with orange-and-white wings and tail?  And it's not actually animated candy corn, it's just a dragon that evolved to hide in the candy corn so it can eat without being disturbed.  (Oh, and it should have a chocolate-looking alt!  If they let you do holiday alts.  I suppose dimorphism might work.)  And a soggy swamp monster.

Note to self: try spriting.  Eventually.  I mean, there's no rush.  Sometime this year.  Or next year.  Maybe ten years.

Er, that may not happen.  Nevermind.

7 hours ago, hazeh said:

The Halloween event was hysterical. The potatoes... oh man, maybe I'm just overreacting, but I manic-laughed so much! I love the writers of these events. I wish it was longer, though! ♥

Potatoes? 

I'm really loving all the ToTs...

Spoiler

I thought the adorable spider was my favorite but now I'm just not sure! The horse is *gorgeous*, the eagle head is so awesomely detailed/realistic, and I'm not sure what this one is but it's pretty darn adorable as well!  wv5cf5.png

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

Potatoes? 

Spoiler

If you went back to the house in the beginning, you can go down to the cellar. One of the options is to take a potato, and if you select multiple times you get more potatoes until eventually a potato sack. The prose for each one was hilarious, I thought.

On 10/25/2018 at 10:27 AM, LadyLyzar said:

Most of the items are not required to finish the story in any way.  So if you didn't get them all and still finished the adventure, you didn't do anything wrong.

The above post is on page 14, second post from the top.  There is another one further down, alsofrom LadyLyzar, explaining that even tho she helped write the thing, even she didn't get them all, 23/24.  

It was very nice of her to let us know about this so that we wouldn't feel so bad about not having gathered all of the tokens in the game.  As she said, the game could be completed with less than the 24.

That's what I get for speedrunning through the event while brain-fried with no sleep.  It's okay though :)  Don't feel bad y'all.

I love that Chocobo, and my eye started twitching with that Tonberry. No Knife, no Knife!!! :D 

Like me, I stumbling along just trying to remember what I had done before so that I wouldn't do it again and somehow I bulled my way through it with only 13 tokens...  Is tokens the right word?

Edited by Husky51
spelling

Has anyone completed it with less than 13 items?  I wonder if that's the minimum, and if anyone tries to do these things with the fewest items possible.

(I got a fair number, but I only got one potato and I think I'm missing a couple of other items.)