TJ09

2018-10-25 - Halloween Event

I agree with the idea of having a more purely aggressive/evil dragon. We have tons of sweetness and light dragons, but really (seriously asking here) are there any that aren't in some way modifiable (as in, friendly under the right circumstances/to their caregiver/on certain holidays or some such) ? I'd like a purely malevolent dragon that maybe hibernates the entire year except X holiday. 

10 minutes ago, PaintdGryphon said:

I agree with the idea of having a more purely aggressive/evil dragon. We have tons of sweetness and light dragons, but really (seriously asking here) are there any that aren't in some way modifiable (as in, friendly under the right circumstances/to their caregiver/on certain holidays or some such) ? I'd like a purely malevolent dragon that maybe hibernates the entire year except X holiday. 

Well, not counting a few ideas for a Halloween dragon, a Christmas/winder dragon could be like that since there is Krampus or Wendigos.

(or Jack Frost, but that might be more of a impish type of winder dragon,)

Edited by Lady Dragoon

42 minutes ago, Yubelchen said:

I mean, we got ghost, pumpkins, zombies , flame skeletons (omen are ghost rider confirm), pure darkness (lurker).....how about pure skeletons? a headless dragon 8well not purely headless, but invisible neck?)

I think the marrows are already pretty much skeletons (Its literally in their name).  As for headless dragons with invisible necks, while that would be an interesting trait in monsters, I don't see how this would work for monsters.  I did once pitch an idea to an in-cave spriter regarding a virtually featureless dragon with a gaping hole as a mouth, which only exists when creatures fear its existence, and this is exactly what they told me about that, so I don't think a neckless or headless dragon would work either.  

so guys. is there any last minute ToT entries ? or are they still at 49?

i don't want miss out on any last minute rainbow chickens or something like that XD

wait! when did they added a start over for the hunted forest event !? :o

is there anything new to get if you decided to start over? or is it just pick up those missed items?

Edited by meruru

46 minutes ago, meruru said:

i don't want miss out on any last minute rainbow chickens or something like that XD

is there anything new to get if you decided to start over? or is it just pick up those missed items?

You literally start over with no inventory and then try to get all 24.  I think there is a guide on page 13 so you don't miss any.

47 minutes ago, meruru said:

Still 49.  :)

Start over wipes it all, and you start over. So it's for those of us who ran through like bull in a china shop, and came out the other side with 12 items out of 24. :lol: Or if you want to do it again, see if you missed any of the cute flavor text.

46 minutes ago, Jocosa said:

Still 49.  :)

Start over wipes it all, and you start over. So it's for those of us who ran through like bull in a china shop, and came out the other side with 12 items out of 24. :lol: Or if you want to do it again, see if you missed any of the cute flavor text.

My bull was a bit more tame and I got 14 my first go 'round. missed one item on my second try and third time was the charm and I now have all 24 items. 

On a side note, anyone notice the ap lagging a bit with a refresh? trying to grab these Omen Wyrms are HARD! *pouts* Only one I managed to get was the one I bred. 

ETA: Guys, seriously.... I love this forum. You're all so amazing. Two people offered me wonderful Omen gifts. You both are amazing. Thank you so much for your kindness, and you too @VioletWhirlwind TTwTT

Edited by Syiren
awesome people

1 minute ago, Syiren said:

My bull was a bit more tame and I got 14 my first go 'round. missed one item on my second try and third time was the charm and I now have all 24 items. 

On a side note, anyone notice the ap lagging a bit with a refresh? trying to grab these Omen Wyrms are HARD! *pouts* Only one I managed to get was the one I bred. 

I have 7 omens set to auto-abandon in about an hour, if that helps you any.

1 minute ago, Syiren said:

3 tries for me as well. Second go round I came out missing 2 I had gotten the first run through. So back through I went.

2 hours ago, bonvoyage said:

Urgh. I have to try not to pick much up today because of the new dragon. It's very difficult!

The AP is at something like 4d 3h.  If you pick a couple things up, hatch them, and then abandon them before grabbing the new dragon, someone else can grab them again later.

(Naturally, I just did this.  I tried to pick ones with nice lineages.

Come to think of it, does anyone want any of the eggs currently on my scroll?  I was planning to keep the Cavern Lurkers, but I don't need to more lineage projects from the others.  If you want the Shadow Walker with a trace of black, please PM me fast so I know what gender to influence it.  Er, I have to go to bed soon, so it will have to be eggs tonight if it's going to be anything.  Obviously, I'm going to be dumping them in the morning to make room for the new eggs.  I can provide teleports, if anyone wants them.)  Well, I really do have to go to bed, so I guess, nevermind, then.

Edited by Pilauli
Updates.

50 minutes ago, PaintdGryphon said:

I still don't have an Omen, bred or otherwise. I'm trying to trade for them now 😕

*cough* check your inbox *cough* ;)

56 minutes ago, Syiren said:

*cough* check your inbox *cough* ;)

I love our DC players! :) We all like to help each other out.

Now... to freeze or toss my extra hatchies so I can get the new eggs tomorrow. I will see who grows up tonight! XD

The time is drawing near...

Can't wait to see the new eggs!

On my sixth time through I got all 24 items. Do we get any sort of "prize" for getting all the items in the story?

Oh..and on the Trick-or-Treat items..I really liked the"Spyro the Dragon reference on the one item that looks like a dragon made of green stone  :)

Edited by The Dragon Alchemist

Anybody still have no luck with omens in the biome? 

I also have something I bred to try to trade but it looks like I may have to dump it into the ap when the new release starts.

2 minutes ago, The Dragon Alchemist said:

On my sixth time through I got all 24 items. Do we get any sort of "prize" for getting all the items in the story?

No, just the satisfaction of knowing you got them all. ;) 

omfg I can't believe I'll have 998 or 999 grown dragons by the time of the release....  Really wish I had that last grown dragon/older hatchy to get me to the 1000 for the 8th egg sot.  ;-;

Finally went back through the event and got all the items. Yay! But no matter how much back and forth I did around the tree and such, no princess. Oh well. *shrug*

1 minute ago, animatedrose said:

Finally went back through the event and got all the items. Yay! But no matter how much back and forth I did around the tree and such, no princess. Oh well. *shrug*

I never do get the total amount of items. I just do the game as I really enjoy it. 

Am I the only one who thinks desipis have some of the cutest hatchlings?

user posted image

THEY'RE SO STUBBY!

I don't even care that they tend to have a sadistic side, so do cats and we make memes about them and buy them 100 dollar cat towers and stuff!

GIMME ONE! I shall call him Pookie and I will buy him little stuffed animals.

I just grabbed 8 from the AP and intend to freeze them so I can have a stubby mind derg brigade of my very own.

Edited by blockEdragon
I <3 Deispis dragons

On 10/25/2018 at 12:40 PM, Ponystar17 said:

A guide to receiving all 24 items and not missing much flavour text, since people have mentioned they're worried about missing them:

Reveal hidden contents

Return home and interact with everything (the potatoes in the cellar multiple times) to receive: Monster-Repellant Spray, Candle, Painting, Potato x3, Sack of Potatoes, Apple, Pumpkin.

Leave, and go east to see some neat flavour text.
Go west to progress the story.  Climb the tree to see flavour text.  Continue on.
Talk to the White dragon to receive the Life Mana crystal.
The story then branches into three routes, which I completed in this order:
North: stop at the shack, yell at the pygmies and then run to receive the Mortar & Pestle and Jar, then go further north.  Give the crystal to the Floret.  Go up the tree and pick up the totem.  Leave the tree then return to receive the Moonberry Blossom, and stop by the shack on your way back to receive the Sorry Note.
West: Catch some fireflies, then follow the tunnel.  Try to leave the tunnel at the first opportunity, then continue following it when your path is blocked.  Ask the Marrow to deal with the thorns on the path out of the tunnel, and retrieve the totem from beyond the thorns.
East: Wade through the stream to receive the Rusty Dagger.  Continue on along the route until you find the bat cave - investigate the bat skeletons to receive a Bat Skeleton.  Continue along and deal with the totem on the East route.
Return the totems to the Guardian.
Investigate your cage before doing anything else to receive the Chess Piece.
All items after this point (three totems and a bucket of water) are mandatory in my understanding, and generally being stupidly heroic in your decision-making should get you all of them.

Thanks so much! yF0tsIG.gif