TJ09

2018-10-25 - Halloween Event

5 hours ago, Niyaka said:

24 objects? I’ve finished with only 15…

I have only 16 (finished) and NO potato :(

54 minutes ago, Data_Girl_3 said:

Hmm.  I only got 14 items in my adventure inventory.  Did I miss something?  Is there a way to go back and try again?

I only got 16 and I can't go back either, don't know if we will be able to soon.

now, we have to be sure that we are all on the same page here...

There are the items gathered from the Game itself...  reading and following directions

And then there are the items that are dropping every 10-15 minutes or so of which there is supposed to be a total of 49...

8 minutes ago, trezz said:

I only got 16 and I can't go back either, don't know if we will be able to soon.

Pardon me cutting in, but are we talking about the items we could find in the adventure, in the Crestback Forest? Because I've got 20 items from finishing the adventure, and I have no idea if I got them all or not.

2 minutes ago, Ripan said:

Pardon me cutting in, but are we talking about the items we could find in the adventure, in the Crestback Forest? Because I've got 20 items from finishing the adventure, and I have no idea if I got them all or not.

OK, that settles that...  there were more items in the forest that were somehow missed...  By me at least...  :(

Walking in to a lot of confusion here... um, why not just call 'em trick or treats(ToT!!!) and, er, freaky forest spoils? 49 and godTJ knows how many of each ^^

ffs, that cavern lurker's leaving me totally ToT

ToT has 49 treats, whereas the event with the choose-your-adventure story has 24 items. There might be a chance to be able to run through the story event later. All I know is that things take time, don't stress over it.

8 minutes ago, RandomBreeder said:

Walking in to a lot of confusion here... um, why not just call 'em trick or treats(ToT!!!) and, er, freaky forest spoils? 49 and godTJ knows how many of each ^^

ffs, that cavern lurker's leaving me totally ToT

Good point..  ToT's and freaky forest spoils  or just Game or Adventure...  

As for the ToT, TJ said at the start that there were 49 ToT's...

Edited by Husky51
added to msg

Ended with 21 for the forest adventure. Bugs me a little that there were more to collect and I can't go back to see what I missed, but oh well. It was a good story!

Ooh I've that one item you're missing @Zeditha

Spoiler

'Tis a bunch of flowers that wyvern gives you when you revisit it. Apparently it's got the sense to offer just thanks after manhandling us so much.

Edited by RandomBreeder

Ahh, thank you!

If we do get to replay, I'll know where to go ;)

Edited by Zeditha

Thank you for the return of the Halloween Biome, ToTs and the story - very cute :D 

Yeah - only got 16 Forest Story treats here, even though I really took it slow - there's already a thread (NINJA'ED by Ripan :D) asking to be able to do over. And thank you for the spoilers too FoxintheBox et al 🙂

Happy Halloween Plotting, everyone 🕸️

with any luck, the Adventure will continue this evening or tomorrow...  we'll see...

3 hours ago, Etude_Citron said:

Ooooh is that a Jacksepticeye reference in the treats???

That's what I thought too! I was so excited when I saw it, I actually took a screenshot and messaged him on Instagram, lol. 

A guide to receiving all 24 items and not missing much flavour text, since people have mentioned they're worried about missing them:

Return home and interact with everything (the potatoes in the cellar multiple times) to receive: Monster-Repellant Spray, Candle, Painting, Potato x3, Sack of Potatoes, Apple, Pumpkin.

Leave, and go east to see some neat flavour text.
Go west to progress the story.  Climb the tree to see flavour text.  Continue on.
Talk to the White dragon to receive the Life Mana crystal.
The story then branches into three routes, which I completed in this order:
North: stop at the shack, yell at the pygmies and then run to receive the Mortar & Pestle and Jar, then go further north.  Give the crystal to the Floret.  Go up the tree and pick up the totem.  Leave the tree then return to receive the Moonberry Blossom, and stop by the shack on your way back to receive the Sorry Note.
West: Catch some fireflies, then follow the tunnel.  Try to leave the tunnel at the first opportunity, then continue following it when your path is blocked.  Ask the Marrow to deal with the thorns on the path out of the tunnel, and retrieve the totem from beyond the thorns.
East: Wade through the stream to receive the Rusty Dagger.  Continue on along the route until you find the bat cave - investigate the bat skeletons to receive a Bat Skeleton.  Continue along and deal with the totem on the East route.
Return the totems to the Guardian.
Investigate your cage before doing anything else to receive the Chess Piece.
All items after this point (three totems and a bucket of water) are mandatory in my understanding, and generally being stupidly heroic in your decision-making should get you all of them.

11 minutes ago, Ponystar17 said:

A guide to receiving all 24 items and not missing much flavour text, since people have mentioned they're worried about missing them:

Hide contents

Return home and interact with everything (the potatoes in the cellar multiple times) to receive: Monster-Repellant Spray, Candle, Painting, Potato x3, Sack of Potatoes, Apple, Pumpkin.

East: Wade through the stream to receive the Rusty Dagger. 

Investigate your cage before doing anything else to receive the Chess Piece.
All items after this point (three totems and a bucket of water) are mandatory in my understanding, and generally being stupidly heroic in your decision-making should get you all of them.

That last thing.. in bold... just made my day xDDDD Thanks for that xD

Also a few notes to your guide:

Spoiler

When heading east, you can also use the option: make a bridge - you get sweeped over with spiders and fall off into the water anyways and are able to discover the dagger

The chess piece thingy: You can still investigate the movement first, but have to go back on examining BEFORE asking to break out

These are the things I did and I still got the same 24 items. :3

Hope we can re-do it. Would love to make some other decisions just to see where they will lead me into. xD

okay, that adorable Mint dragon treat with the purple hat is adorable. def my fav next to the Batman Beyond treat. :D

eta: also that banner separating this year's treats from last year's is spooky, mysterious, sinister and creepy. I LOVE IT! :wub:

Edited by Syiren

My inventory from the Halloween story was only twelve items. I did finish and went to the city and got the sweets. So, did I do something wrong or was I doing something right?