TJ09

2018-10-25 - Halloween Event

Wow, I apparently didn't get all the items from the event. The skeleton is the cutest one I have though. All the treats are on point this year too!

It'll slow down a lot by the middle of the week, don't worry. It's crazy the first few days but then it gets easier. I'm looking forward to code-hunting CBs later on. :D Right now I'm glutted on bred eggs. *squishes soon-to-be baby Omen Wyrms*

Got 22 items.  Not bad for me!

I absolutely love the Dr. Who 'Don't Blink' angel!

Aw, here I thought I had collected everything, but now I see that there's plenty I haven't grabbed after all, and have no option of going back to get them. My inner collector is very saddened by this

Those of you trying for CBs and having difficulty can try using a different device.  I know when I try on my laptop I have about a 10% chance of actually getting one.  But, when I use my cell phone I have about an 80% chance of getting the egg.  It's weird since they are both using the same wifi, but the cell phone loads a lot quicker.

33 minutes ago, Lurhstaap said:

It'll slow down a lot by the middle of the week, don't worry. It's crazy the first few days but then it gets easier. I'm looking forward to code-hunting CBs later on. :D Right now I'm glutted on bred eggs. *squishes soon-to-be baby Omen Wyrms*

Yeah, how about I just wait for the "middle of the week". Great idea. 😒

4 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Yeah, how about I just wait for the "middle of the week". Great idea. 😒

That's what I was planning, or at least wait for a day or two... What, is that a bad idea?

Edited by Loki.Dottir

2 minutes ago, Loki.Dottir said:

That's what I was planning, or at least wait for a day or two... What, is that a bad idea?

It depends whether you want to max out the number of Halloween eggs you can get, and on your real-life schedule. The biome eggs become slightly easier to grab as people's scrolls become locked.

12 minutes ago, Lagie said:

It depends whether you want to max out the number of Halloween eggs you can get, and on your real-life schedule. The biome eggs become slightly easier to grab as people's scrolls become locked.

Yeah, that's kinda exactly why I'm gonna do it. I really don't have much time or focus to monitor the clock for the drops only to rush and only maybe grab one once out of 15 attempts if I'm lucky. Yeah I want them and yeah I want as many Halloweens as I can get but I kinda got a lot to do this week, on top of my usual distracting amount of duties. I'd rather wait a day or so and then take the bit of time I can focus and manage to actually get something. Just Seraphim said it kinda in a way that made me wonder if there was something wrong or sketchy or like they were annoyed (Understandably at the rate the drops disappear) or whatever.

Edited by Loki.Dottir

I honestly didn't get the negative reaction either. It makes sense to me, too. I have a week plan. Focus on breeding my existing Halloweens now, get CBs later when the biome slows down a bit, then get the new CBs on the 31st, then go crazy in the AP until it's empty. Probably with visits to the AP along the way too because I have zero willpower and I'm always hoping to snag an SAkin or prizekin G2.

Aww, I'm a little disappointed it looks like there aren't CB vampires in the Halloween biome. At least, I haven't seen any go through. I know we can technically get CB vamps by biting CBs, but the "bitten by" on their page works a bit like a lineage would in their case, and it'd be cool to be able to start some new ones too.

Edited by VVarhound

No, there won't be any CB Vampires. There weren't last year either. They're not considered "official" Halloweens for some reason. Alas! I'd've snagged those too happily.

Edited by Lurhstaap

5 minutes ago, Lurhstaap said:

I honestly didn't get the negative reaction either. It makes sense to me, too. I have a week plan. Focus on breeding my existing Halloweens now, get CBs later when the biome slows down a bit, then get the new CBs on the 31st, then go crazy in the AP until it's empty. Probably with visits to the AP along the way too because I have zero willpower and I'm always hoping to snag an SAkin or prizekin G2.

That's a really great plan. ^.^

3 minutes ago, Lurhstaap said:

No, there won't be any CB Vampires. There weren't last year either. They're not considered "official" Halloweens for some reason. Alas! I'd've snagged those too happily.

This. I would have LURVED a chance at a CB vampire or two of my very own!
Any one esle having absolutely ZEROluck at all catching CB s in the Biome, right now. XD

I keep trying but FAILING epically to get anything I go for.

2 minutes ago, Loki.Dottir said:

That's a really great plan. ^.^

It seemed like the best thing to do given I can't pick just one thing. I already have all of the CBs, but I want MOAR, especially Desipis and Omen Wyrms. But I also want a full load of the new CBs (plus as many as I can trade for or catch in the AP afterward). And I also want the G2s I am accustomed to hoarding at this time of year. So I needed a way to divide the time up between all the activities. Waiting to to do the AP means my odds of finding something super special are way lower, but I'm sure I'll still use up all my reds and pinks. 😛 

I'm not even trying the biome right now, although some of my friends did. One of them managed to get three eggs out using the open-new-tab-click method. I'm gonna see what it looks like after my batch of bred eggs hatches. 

1 hour ago, Lurhstaap said:

ah perhaps I should do that too, deeply frustrated already with hunting for omens every 5 minutes and not getting a single one. They also rare in the AP. I will just breed my own and start the CB hunt in a few days^^

3 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

Any one esle having absolutely ZEROluck at all catching CB s in the Biome, right now. XD

I keep trying but FAILING epically to get anything I go for.

Jep, here xD

I only miss 4 more CB Pumpkins to rest happily ;D But no chance yet. People are still in the "spam-click" phase, so even when I fail click a Pumpkin the egg behind it gets picked up too. Tomorrow should be more relaxed already. :)

Last year's new breed is always rare in the AP. It's because there's so many fewer of them compared to the older breeds.