Ether-Equinox

Dragon Titles

I thought of this idea when I was comming home after bowling.

Add another market for Dragon Titles like [The Great] and something like that.

Owners can buy titles with crystals and there are 2 types of titles:

1. Normal Title - 50 crystals

2. Custom Titles - 100 crystals (A.K.A Player-made Titles)

I thought that this could be another way to use crystals instead of using them for eggs and it would be useful for owners to descirbe their dragons.

Edited by Ether-Equinox

But ... you already *can* describe your dragons.

(also, you can put titles in their names whenever you like)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Yeah, what Ruby Eyes said. As long as the suffix name for whatever you're trying to name hasn't been taken yet, you can name anything you want "The Great ____". Buying the title wouldn't change anything at all.

What would these titles do? Would they do anything at all? If they are simply a name or descriptor, then I agree with the two posts above, that's already possible so I'm not sure what the point of buying titles would be. I have dragons with 'titles' like Prince, Princess, I even have a 'High Priestess', those titles are part of their name. Unless the title actually does something I really don't see the point.

You can add titles as part of their name. Why would you use shards on something that you can just do normally? Admittedly, it would be a good idea if the names had shorter length limits or something...but they don't, so...

I... commonly use "Lord" or "Lady" for my CB dragons, of which I've got roughly 3500, about half of them are named. I'd really hate to have to pay a fee for something that has been free since forever.

Unless this person is talking about custom codes? That would be something interesting to see but it would take a whole lot of Shards to use but I'm not even sure if that would be a good idea

Well what it WOULD do would be a way to circumvent the 32 character limit for dragon names, your dragon could be 'Lord + 32 characters' while at the moment it can only be 'Lord * 27 characters' (because space) and with custom titles you could use this in creative ways for song lyrics etc.

That's not much and I would place the price lower unless you could think of another use.

If that title came with some kind of added 'benefit' like 'this dragon ALWAYS sorts at the top of your scroll regardless of sorting chosen' (OF course it could be circumvented by custom sorting - well you get what I mean) then it might be really useful to some users who want special dragons always visible but otherwise want to use rainbow/breed/whatever sort.

As it stands at the moment I'm pretty neutral about it.

I use a lot of titles in my names already. Like others said, if this came with an added benefit, I would be more supportive. Right now it just seems like a waste of shards.

No support here.  The only way I could see this being helpful is to get rid of 'CB' or other similar titles from dragons.  Otherwise it seems pretty useless and unnecessary to me.

I don't understand how this is different from using "The Great" in a dragon's name or written description. What benefits would these titles have? How are they different? No support from me at the moment, because it sounds like you're asking for a feature that DC already has.

I simply can't see the point of this, and certainly wouldn't waste shards on something I can do myself just by naming a dragon...