angelicdragonpuppy

Can't add someone back to a PM conversation

So in the horrible forum messaging system we have now, if someone deletes a PM, whoever else was involved in the PM sees that they've left the message and can't reply to them any more...

But there used to be a way to add people back into said PM conversations. Now when I try, it still refuses to do so and I have to start a new PM. Can this be changed?

I think you don't add them through adding a new participant, but with the little arrow next to their name, where it says that they left.

Yup--whether I use the drop down arrow next to your name or the +person symbol, all I get when I try is "Ruby Eyes can't be added because they have left the conversation."

I can confirm - got that on a convo with someone else who had already left.

Seems like TJ would need to file a bug report with Invision.

Yeah, this is the default behavior. I'm pretty sure I had "fixed" it at some point, but an update appears to have reverted it back.

EDIT: I believe I've identified what broke. It should be fixed now.

Edited by TJ09

If that's the default, why does the "invite back into conversation" button exist at all? :blink:

8 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

If that's the default, why does the "invite back into conversation" button exist at all? :blink:

I added that in as well.

On 10/20/2018 at 2:24 PM, TJ09 said:

I added that in as well.

I just tried to add someone back in both different ways and it's still borked, unfortunately.

On 10/20/2018 at 8:24 PM, TJ09 said:

I added that in as well.

I have the faint feeling that I may have asked that several months ago already, after the first update after the upgrade XD My memory is rubbish.

Could you please make it work again? :)