Carrow

Refusal

One or two Halloweens ago I bred my Gold Shimmer with a Caligene, producing four offspring. But breeding them again today resulted in a refusal. What is the meaning of this? Can it be resolved? 

Refusals are turned off during holiday breeding, so it's not possible for them to refuse then. However, it's still possible for them to refuse outside of holiday breeding. I don't really understand exactly how it's determined whether or not they will refuse, but this is normal. I have a White/Mistletoe pairing that refuses all other times of the year except that one week in December. You will still be able to successfully breed them during Halloween, just not any other time.

From what I recall, refusals are turned off during holiday weeks, yes, but holiday breeding doesn't really count as the 'first breeding attempt' for a dragon couple. If their first breeding was during a holiday and then you breed them again during normal weeks, the site will treat the latter as the actual first try - so a refusal is possible, just like with any normal first breeding. 

Hope the way I phrased that makes sense :lol: 

So for the future, stock up on Purples to fertilize on first non-holiday attempts.

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:29 PM, Tears in Rain said:

From what I recall, refusals are turned off during holiday weeks, yes, but holiday breeding doesn't really count as the 'first breeding attempt' for a dragon couple. If their first breeding was during a holiday and then you breed them again during normal weeks, the site will treat the latter as the actual first try - so a refusal is possible, just like with any normal first breeding. 

Hope the way I phrased that makes sense :lol: 

Does this apply only to halloween pairings or to others too?