GhostMouse

Indicator For Acceptable Group Names

When you're naming a dragon, if you use an unacceptable character, it will show a bold X next to the naming box. When your name fits all the rules, you get a check mark. I'd like to see this applied to groups, as well.

It is very frustrating to begin creating a group, name it, select the dragons you want for it (especially if there are several spread throughout your scroll), only to have the name rejected for using common punctuation like a comma and have all your selected dragons cleared. If there were an indicator you could know if your name was acceptable before you even begin selecting dragons, saving you from this frustration. Since we already have it for names, it seems like it would be simple enough to apply to groups as well, especially as group names don't even have to be checked for being a duplicate.

Yeah, if there are non-accepted characters, the "Group names can only contain letters, numbers, and some punctuation." should probably appear on the page where you're actually making the group, rather than after you submit an unaccepted  name. And the "and some punctuation" would be more useful if it were explicit about which punctuation.

Since the form doesn't stay populated when you hit the back button, it'd be better to have it prevent you from submitting until it was valid.

I actually never even thought about this, I didn't realize group names had the same limitations dragon-naming does in terms of valid characters. Definitely support!

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I didn't realize group names had the same limitations dragon-naming does in terms of valid characters

They don't. You can use parenthesis and colons in group names.

I didn't even think about how this could happen! 😱It would be super frustrating to have to select everything again... And yeah, it would be as simple as putting the same ✔️or ✖️mark that we can see in the dragon's name form, so it shouldn't be that complicated.

Support! 

I had this happen to me once, so I definitely support the suggestion!