Andromen

ANSWERED:Egg cracking without gaining views

Heard of those moments when you see a matured hatchling, get it in a transfer / trade only for it to turn back ungendered for a little before gendering again? I've had those moments happen, but this is something different.

I recently bred two of my oldest dragons and got an egg (currently hidden). After a bit of waiting I added it to Silvi's to start gaining views. Things as usual.

When the egg hit 5 days and 4 hours and had a stage 1 crack, I removed it from Silvi's so it had no way of gaining views. This is where the weird things begin.

A couple hours ago from this post, I checked the egg again. 4 days and 10 hours left, but the crack had grown to a stage 5 one with the same amount of views. Just checked it again - the same 668 overall, the same 294 unique views, the same single click. And yet, it's on the last stage of the hatching sequence.

Anyone else had this happen, or is it just me with this specific egg?

An egg's progress is a formula of age and view/click stats (and a little randomness per individual and breed). While the values for the stats haven't changed, its age did change in the meantime (18 hours), so that's probably what got your egg cracking.

Edited by Ruby Eyes
typo

The same can happen to hatchlings. If you let it gain enough views and then fog it, it may gender at some point without needing additional views.

I didn't hide it until just now, but this makes things much clearer now. Thank you! :)

Usually if you keep your things below 200 UV, you will have the egg hatch (at closer to 3 days left than 4, depends, for some it may be not enough even at 1h? I'm thinking about things like Zyus and others that seem reluctant to hatch, I don't use them so idk, but the 200 UV rule definitely  works for all of my Zombie fodder breeds, sometimes even 200 is too many) AND it can die of time-out as S1, with more than 200 UV it's likely to gender before death even behind the fog. It's another way the time-clicks dependence shows.

A bunch of my zombie fodder in August (it has a 31st, and I'd just come back from hiatus to find a bunch of beautiful zombie sprites) gendered while being fogged to death.  For example, trQD5.

Well someone gave it a view and it hatched, but it was an interesting discovery for me. Thanks, guys!