angelicdragonpuppy

Not getting all declined / cancelled trade notifications

So sometimes I get notifications when an offer I make is rejected, or if the teleport is cancelled.

Lately, however, half the time I get no notification—I don’t realize my offered item is now just sitting around doing nothing until I manually check my trade page.

Is this a glitch? If not and it’s something like “your offer wasn’t specifically rejected, but a different offer was accepted,” then that really needs to be a notification too.

Wait, you've gotten notifications for cancelled teleports? I wasn't aware that was a thing now. It didn't used to be. 

I asked the same a while ago in Tiny Little Questions: 

I don't get a notification if the trade is cancelled, either if any egg hatched, or the offerer decided to cancel it, or if they accepted another offer.

I’ve never had a notification for it - it’s really annoying honestly. Seemingly it isn’t a thing that happens, but I advocate for it strongly in Suggestion/Requests lol

I get notifications for some cancellations. Maybe it’s something that’s being trialed on a few users before it spreads to everyone?

It’s useful, but as per my issue, right now it’s unreliable.

i've had some trades with rejected notifications, and others that are rejected without notification.  i had one of each yesterday. i've been wondering why, and i see i'm not the only one. 

1 hour ago, greycat said:

i've had some trades with rejected notifications, and others that are rejected without notification.  i had one of each yesterday. i've been wondering why, and i see i'm not the only one. 

My experince from the last days would say that you get a notification when your offer gets actively canceled (trader uses decline on your offer). But you won‘t get any notification if the trader accepts another offer or the trade link brakes because of an egg hatching or a hatchie growing up. Not sure about what happens when a trader cancels a trade link completely that has offers on it.

I would rather have a notification for an offer that gets cancelled on any way than a notification that my offer was accepted. I see it on my scroll when my offer made it throuh.

Just to add I had offers not being active anymore and yet the trade was still there - and it was at the same place as before in the trading order, so no cancelling and re-doing. I might have annoyed a player or two with re-offering because when I didn't get a reject notification I thought it might be a glitch...

I try to reject when I get more offers than one because I had the same impression as Rinoa before but it doesn't always work for me it seems.

They only two notifications I get is when they decline an offer or if they accept mine. I would appreciate if we did get something that lets us know if they do go with another offer or if they cancel it

I have never received notification about accepted or declined or in other ways broken - EVER. I don't even know where I'd look to find out...?

9 minutes ago, Justie said:

I have never received notification about accepted or declined or in other ways broken - EVER. I don't even know where I'd look to find out...?

https://dragcave.net/notifications

It's a bell symbol on most skins, only 2 (Blackout and St. Patrick's) don't get to see these, so people who use one of those skins need to memorize the address XD

Oh my goodness!!! How phenomenal!! And that page will come up at me in some way, each time something changes? I am amazed!! Thank you!! OHHHHH! I have just rread your post properly and now I get it! I kind of wondered in my dozy way what that bell was! Never thought to click on it and see!! Thank you, alot, Ruby Eyes! :D

well, the issue is still going on. I hadn't really had a problem with it before, but two of my rejected trades never notified me.

21 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

https://dragcave.net/notifications

It's a bell symbol on most skins, only 2 (Blackout and St. Patrick's) don't get to see these, so people who use one of those skins need to memorize the address XD

Just to clarify, I've always used the St. paddys skin and I get notifications.

I believe it is the Blackout and Dino skins that dont receive updates and are no longer options. :)

52 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Dino still exists? :blink:

It does. I never swapped out of it before TJ got rid of it from the list so I still have it

Thank you for this. I think? my problem is the same? I went to my trading page and saw one offer, which I accepted, and then noticed I had notifications, and here it turns out I had three offers for the same trade! (I could tell by the dates.) So, what happened to those other offers? They weren't on the trading page.

3 hours ago, kzspot said:

Thank you for this. I think? my problem is the same? I went to my trading page and saw one offer, which I accepted, and then noticed I had notifications, and here it turns out I had three offers for the same trade! (I could tell by the dates.) So, what happened to those other offers? They weren't on the trading page.

That's different, if someone cancels their offer on your trade before you see it the notification will still show but it won't be on the trading page.

It would be really nice to be notified when a trade I offered on is completed without having to double check my scroll.  The trade I had offered on this morning apparently went with someone else's offer or was cancelled but nothing in notifications to let me know.

Yes, it is frustrating when someone accepts another offer and you don't know it until you think about checking your active trades. 

I don't know how hard/simple it would be to code, but it would be nice if, when accepting a trade with multiple offers, all the non-accepted offers were considered "Declined" and thus the respective offerers would receive a notification. 

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:48 PM, HeatherMarie said:

That's different, if someone cancels their offer on your trade before you see it the notification will still show but it won't be on the trading page.

Thank you for this.

Just happened again--someone had two trades asking for the same thing, offered on one, was still fishing for what they wanted for the other, only to find out the first trade had been declined / cancelled / God knows what and I was wasting my time. It's REALLY annoying. :T