Nerei

Breed Drop-Down (Trading Hub)

A suggestion for a small tweak to the breed filter in that I couldn't find anywhere else, so...

When filtering by dragon breed in the Trading Hub, all dragon breeds are listed, even if an egg or hatchling of that breed is not currently available for trade. My suggestion is for the drop-down to show only the names of breeds that currently have a dragon up for trade. This will remove a lot of pointless clicking, so that the "no results" error message will no longer appear when selecting a breed.

Hmm. I'm not sure how practical that would be? I mean, I get the idea of not wanting to click a dozen different breeds only to see a dozen 'no results' messages, but... Trades go *so* fast in the hub. The breed filter would have to be constantly updating, I have no clue how exactly the breed filter is coded but I'd imagine a real-time active-breeds-only filter would involve changing the code quite a bit.

There was a suggestion somewhere around here regarding breeds that actually *can't* be obtained at the moment, like holidays, it would make sense to at least remove those from the drop-down until that holiday.

Agree with Heather.

I think more than anything, removing unavailable breeds would probably confuse a lot of people. I know I’d certainly be confused if one day I couldn’t see, say, Black Dragons on the drop-down. I’d definitely post in the help thread if certain breeds I knew I’d obtained suddenly weren’t visible on the drop-down menu.

A solution which would be less confusing could be having the option for the dragon breed still be visible, but just be greyed-out and thus unclickable. Have you ever been online shopping and the size you wanted has been out of stock? In those situations a majority of the time the option is still there, but you just can’t select it, because there are none available. I think this might be a better solution because it doesn’t completely omit certain breeds (rather confusingly), but makes it clear without unnecessary clicking that there is nothing there.

This would obviously also work with Heather’s last suggestion - any time that isn’t the specific holiday, the breeds would be greyed-out. I’m not sure how difficult it’d be to code considering the breeds are always changing though.

Greying-out would be a great compromise I think. I didn't even think of all the confusion this would cause. There has already been a *ton* of confusion over the fact that breeds don't show up in the filter if you haven't unlocked the egg (I think?) in the Encyclopedia, so many people have posted wondering why certain breeds aren't in the filter, but then others say they are... Having breeds appear and disappear constantly would cause a lot more confusion then that, I'd think.