Aniia

How do you celebrate Halloween (or not)?

1 hour ago, Fortis said:

My church has an event on the weekend before Halloween called Trunk or Treat. People bring their cars, and decorate them up in Halloween fashion, and pass out candy to the neighborhood kids. They also have a few gift cards for the people who had the best displays in their cars. I won second place with a wizard's potion shop setup last year. They've also got carnival like games and a chili cook-off contest. It's a lot of fun.

Do you have pictures of your car display? That sounds like a lot of fun! I've thought about looking for a Trunk-or-Treat to participate in because I miss decorating my house for trick-or-treaters.

I live for hallowe'en. I am positive that my birthday should have been halloween as I was 1 week late. (November 6th) I ensure I am booked off work, I decorate a hallowe'en tree, carve pumpkins and dress up.

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. As a kid, I would always dress up and go trick or treating. Then my mom and I would always spend the rest of the night watching Halloween classics like Hocus Pocus (best Halloween move ever made, FYI) and The Nightmare Before Christmas. I'm too old for trick or treating now, but I still make an effort to watch the Halloween movie marathon on ABC every year. I'm not going to any parties this year, so I'll be staying home and handing out candy. I might even pick up a pumpkin to carve after work tomorrow, because why not?

Since I have a pumpkin bucket that's great for holding candy, I'm going to use it exactly for that. I'm going to buy some candy and pour it all into the bucket and then mainly just snack on the treats. A part of me kind of hopes that there are going to be trick or treaters (which is actually quite rare around here) since for once I'd be prepared.

I also bought two new ceramic jack-o-lanterns recently and they'll look neat with the little candles lit up inside. The candles aren't real ones but still, they'll look cool.

On 10/24/2018 at 7:26 PM, GhostMouse said:

Do you have pictures of your car display? That sounds like a lot of fun! I've thought about looking for a Trunk-or-Treat to participate in because I miss decorating my house for trick-or-treaters.

Sure do.

Spoiler

fqmwGop.jpg

Welcome to Ye Olde Potion Shoppe. The window in the back of the display actually held a Pepper's Ghost illusion. I had a TV playing videos of ghosts laying flat, which was reflected by a sheet of plexiglass. It's hard to see in the picture, but there is a faint image of a ghost in the lower left of the window. Also, had to include a small homage to Mario Bros in the display, because Mario Bros is awesome. Not shown is the big cauldron filled with Reeses cups that I passed out to the children that came.

I´m from Czech Republic and we doesn´t celebrate Halloween, maybe i these past years I saw some poeple that are making some small groups and celebrate it for fun but it is not natural for us, because we have traditionaly public event called "The Feast of all Souls". Well we have not a one day off for it but it is still a big event I think, but most of the young generation doesn´t respect it. It is about to go on the graveyard and visit the graves of your death family or friend members, you should bring some flowers that the person liked and light on a candle on his grave for him, so they will find the way back home just for this special day when the borders of dimension of the death and life is the closest of the year and so the spirits will visit they families once more and feel the warm of love. 

I have deep respect for it because my grandmother was going with me and my older sister every year, my parents went too if they weren´t at work. Now when I´m studing so far away, I light up a candle on window to show the souls the way anyway, because I don´t want to leave them lost, alone and cold outside in the dark.

Don't leave them unattended, @GhostMouse, someone might just steal those super cute little hairballs for themselves. :P 

Halloween around here is like non-existent for anyone who isn't a child, university student, or is selling stuff.

I'm greatly jealous of you guys who can do all those fun things, I love Halloween! 🎃

Not that I'm letting that stop me, of course. I made a special dessert tonight that I'm quite proud of (though a big bit of that pride is rooted in the fact that I managed to bake it over the course of three days without the rest of the household finding out 🤫).

I invited my good old friend Holger Headz for some coffee and Jack-O-Lantern cake.

Spoiler

2edmo9w.jpg

He may not be the prettiest Jack in the land, but his insides tastes great, which is what matters the most, no matter how much those show-off tossers at the big cake baking shows pretend otherwise. They can eat my oven mitt.

Edited by Ripan

i celebrate halloween with a dinner much strange.

My mom cooking a  strange food (example a biscuti in the shape of a finger  and other strange food

then I see some films

after i read one storied of ghost

and at midnight I make tarot cards

@Ripan That cake is gorgeous! I can't imagine hiding a cake (or a cake-in-progress) for three whole days, well done!

For all my Halloween enthusiasm I didn't actually get out and do all that much. I only made it to one haunted house (to be fair, the weather worked against me and then I got sick). I did manage to watch a horror (or Halloween related) movie every night in October though! I finished off with two classics on the last two nights; Hocus Pocus and Trick 'r Treat. I suppose the pet costumes make up for everything though!

We don't really celebrate Halloween aside from maybe watching a scary film or something. We always get sweets in in case we get trick or treaters round though.

Only one kid this year. They walked off with five chocolate bars.