TJ09

2018-09-30 - September Dragon Release

2 hours ago, TerraAnne said:

I knew I should have hoarded the feathered babs instead of the gusties on the first release day. Now I can barely find any of the new pygmies. ;v; *making soft cooing sounds*

edit: yee got one. I want to get egglocked on these pygmies now though. lol

Now I'm wondering if these little pygmies would be drawn to cooing noises, and if us humans can lure them that way. *already has adorable mental images*

55 minutes ago, Pilauli said:

I'm rather annoyed because I have to go to bed at 8, and they can't grow up much before 9.  At least I get up early.  (Or maybe I'll find some excuse to sneak out of bed.)

Oh man, I remember the days of my mom putting me on internet-bans and me making up excuses to get on just for a second... I'd always rush to DC first, lol. Make any excuse possible to check on my dragons. 

Still trying to get some more pygmies lol. I keep getting pulled away by grandparents who need help with something at every 5 minute drop.

18 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Now I'm wondering if these little pygmies would be drawn to cooing noises, and if us humans can lure them that way. *already has adorable mental images*

The real question is--if you put a mirror in front of them, will they lay an egg? XD 

OMG, the gusty grew! I love it so much! And that name! *screaming* I am collecting a million of these!

I remember these wyverns from the completed list now, I knew the design looked familiar but couldn't pit it, I feel so stupid! I remembered the pygmies the minute they showed up.

They'll be great for avatar lovers and pygmy breeders with their colors.

Edited by blockEdragon

One of the gusties (or I suppose I should say "Aether Wyverns") grew up! And now I really remember why I loved them so much when I saw them in DR; they're gorgeous! :wub:

So - now that TJ's first Aether has grown up, I can talk.

I'm the conceptor. Never did a sprite, but I did most of the lore - got a lot of help with grammar though, shout-outs to Whirlaway, and Krazy for thst.

I lost my copy of the lore on these guys due to IRL, sadly, but here's what I recall.

- they are carnivores

- territorial tendencies

- they stay in the mountains most of the time

- they're actually decent at getting around on the ground, that's why their wings were designed after vampire bat wings

- the fur is to keep them warm in the cold environment they're native to and in the sky

- their blue and white colouring is a camouflauge - harder to see in the sky

- yes, they do use their wind magic to attack - they like to stun prey that way

Unfortunately, the rest of the info I had is going to have to wait for whenever their encyclopaedia information is added and updated with the descriptions.

And about the name:

So, the aether. It was the Greek concept of the upper atmosphere. The highest reaches of tge sky. I knew when I came up with the idea of these guys that they were gonna be strongly tied to wind and air magic - tge first egg description was along the lines of"this egg shines with air mana!" I passed over Aeolus/Aiolos as aname because it was a bit too specific in mythological connection, but I loved how the aether was the highest reaches of the sky in mythology. And considering these guys were very sky-associated and lived high on mountains, I felt like it was fitting to go with the aether, the highest sky for their name.

So - now that TJ's first Aetherhas grown up, I can talk.

I'm the conceptor. Never did a sprite, but I did most of the lore - got a lot of help with grammar though, shout-outs to Whirlaway and and others.

I lost my copy of the lore on these guys due to IRL, sadly, but here's what I recall.

- they are carnivores

- territorial tendencies

- they're actually decent at getting around on the ground, that's why their wings were designed after vampire bat wings

- the fur is to keep them warm in the cold environment they're native to and in the sky

Unfortunately, the rest of the info I had is going to have to wait for whenever their encyclopaedia information is added and updated with the descriptions.

And about the name:

So, the aether. It was the Greek concept of the upper atmosphere. The highest reaches of tge sky. I knew when I came up with the idea of these guys that they were gonna be strongly tied to wind and air magic - the first egg description was along the lines of"this egg shines with air mana!" I passed over Aeolus/Aiolos as names because it was a bit too specific in mythological connection, but I loved how the aether was the highest reaches of the sky in mythology. And considering these guys were very sky-associated and lived high on mountains, I felt like it was fitting to go with the aether, the highest sky for their name.

Edited by DuskOfTheStars

Awww, cute and floofy! They dimly remind me of the old nilias, haha--the color, head shape, and rounded wings, I think. MEGA EVOLUTION

I especially like the floof on the... rump? Thigh? Rumpthigh? It pleases me.

AEHTERS ARE HERE!!!!  CONGRATS @DuskOfTheStars! One of your concepts made it through!

Now we wait for the fluffy pgymies! 

:D

I love the shading on their wings 😍 Blue dragons are also my favorite, so I'm biased.

Oh my goodness. The Aethers are gorgeous. I love everything--the rich blues, the silver mane, the graceful pose. I will be breeding them with almost everything this Christmas haha. And I remember the pygmy adults, so I already know how beautiful they are. Thank you to the artists for a great release :D

6 minutes ago, DuskOfTheStars said:

I'm the conceptor. Never did a sprite, but I did most of the lore - got a lot of help with grammar though, shout-outs to Whirlaway, and Krazy for thst.

- they are carnivores

- territorial tendencies

And about the name:

So, the aether. It was the Greek concept of the upper atmosphere. The highest reaches of tge sky. I knew when I came up with the idea of these guys that they were gonna be strongly tied to wind and air magic - tge first egg description was along the lines of"this egg shines with air mana!" I passed over Aeolus/Aiolos as aname because it was a bit too specific in mythological connection, but I loved how the aether was the highest reaches of the sky in mythology. And considering these guys were very sky-associated and lived high on mountains, I felt like it was fitting to go with the aether, the highest sky for their name.

So - now that TJ's first Aetherhas grown up, I can talk.

I'm the conceptor. Never did a sprite, but I did most of the lore - got a lot of help with grammar though, shout-outs to Whirlaway and and others.

- they are carnivores

- territorial tendencies

And about the name:

So, the aether. It was the Greek concept of the upper atmosphere. The highest reaches of tge sky. I knew when I came up with the idea of these guys that they were gonna be strongly tied to wind and air magic - the first egg description was along the lines of"this egg shines with air mana!" I passed over Aeolus/Aiolos as aname because it was a bit too specific in mythological connection, but I loved how the aether was the highest reaches of the sky in mythology. And considering these guys were very sky-associated and lived high on mountains, I felt like it was fitting to go with the aether, the highest sky for their name.

Lore so good it has to be repeated.

In all seriousness I like the concept a lot, the design is pretty good and the aether inspiration is really cool.

Ooohhh the Aether is beautiful! It looks so majestic! I love the coloring, I really like that bright/light shade of blue.

Pipios. Love them! Super, super glad @Mewtie is finally in-cave!

Edited by Whirlaway

6 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

I will be breeding them with almost everything this Christmas haha.

Ohh, definitely. I hope someone pairs them with blue Solstice! So much blue!

EDIT: Pygmies are grown up!!!

Edited by scalesofgrey

And now we have grown pygmies! Pipio, huh? Cute. I like the feathers. But the winner of this release for my heart is the Aether Wyvern. Congrats to the spriters for these!

13 minutes ago, DuskOfTheStars said:

- they are carnivores

- territorial tendencies

And about the name:

Thank you for this info, this was so cool to read! I love the name and concept and the adult sprite looks amazing, I especially like the colors and how well they go together, the white and blues look great. Awesome job to everyone involved! :D

Considering that these pygmies are clearly based on doves/pigeons they should be pretty intelligent. Pigeons are actually pretty as animals go, guess it's the chicken-like mannerisms and prolifically that make people think they're unintelligent.

PIPIO!!!!! Omg omg I love that name so much that is just awesome eeeeeeeeee! *breathes* I'm so very very glad they kept the all-white, it's so beautiful!!! And we really don't have enough majority-white dragons, so double-yay!

Aaah, both adults so far look awesome! Can't wait to see what the female Pipio ends up looking like ❤️