TJ09

2018-09-30 - September Dragon Release

12 hours ago, Ashywolf said:

Looks like "pinion" would be before "pink" too. I guess it could be "plain"?

Plover? They''re super-cute little wading birds

1 hour ago, tjekan said:

*scratching my head* The wiki and this thread both say "all biomes" for the pygmy, but somehow I've yet to see one in the Volcano. Has anyone caught a pygmy in the Volcano? I see them easily in all the other biomes. But maybe it's just random chance.

I Saw one there yesterday & Missed catching it, so I can say they're definitely dropping there. :D

I can't wait for the name reveal - the name is one of the cutest things about these guys! 😍 

2 hours ago, RandomBreeder said:

Yeap, my last pygmy I caught in the volcano ^^

Oh good, it's just randomness being weird then. 🙂

1 hour ago, Alrexwolf said:

I can't wait for the name reveal - the name is one of the cutest things about these guys! 😍 

Yes I completely agree! I’m so

excited to see everyone’s reactions to them all grown up :wub:

Edited by RealWilliamShakespeare

*checks TJ's hatchies* YES, I should be home from work in time to watch them grow up! Very very excited to see what the adults are like, I really hope they keep the colors on both of them. 

I'll be asleep when these guys grow up (Finland reporting, yay), but I'm dead certain I know what these guys are. ;)

3 hours ago, kiramaru7 said:

I Saw one there yesterday & Missed catching it, so I can say they're definitely dropping there. :D

I 'grabbed' all four of my pygmies in the Volcano biome... yep, just verified this...  and all my Gusties from the Alpine biome... (big surprise there, huh...lol)

Edited by Husky51
added to post

Does anyone remember if the gusties were a DR concept too? Or just the adorable pygmies? 

Edited by The Dragoness
Typo

21 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

Does anyone remember if the gusties were a DR concept too? Or just the adorable pygmies? 

Both are ;)

17 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

Does anyone remember if the gusties a DR concept too? Or just the adorable pygmies? 

Both of them are Dragon Request born, debuting @Royal-Tentacle as a new artist from there. (The pygmies are the debut for @Mewtie. They both deserve it!)

Most people recognize them from the accidental release in July, though. 

5 hours ago, Laura-Borealis said:

Plover? They''re super-cute little wading birds

Ah! But IF they were Plover dragons...wouldn't they be found MAINLY in the Coastal biome? ( As plovers are primarily shore birds, AFAIK?)

Gotta admit, it's kind of exciting to actually be awake for when the hatchies grow up. :D Usually I'm asleep when that happens.

Can't wait to see everyone's reactions to the pygmies, and to see the adult gusties myself! :wub: (I definitely remember them from DR, but I don't remember specifics about them, only that I really liked them.)

2 hours ago, Merlot said:

*pokes TJ's hatchies* grow up now! lol I am impatient

Me too! I feel this way with every new release. It seems to take for-ev-ah for his hatchies to grow up!

Plovers?  That should sort after Plated Colossi, rather than before it as these ones do.

I'll repeat myself from page 19 (where I also list other options): I think they might be Pity Dove Pygmies or Plaintive Pygmies, because there are birds called mourning doves.  Everyone's been saying "dove!  No, that doesn't sort right.  Pigeon!"

5 hours ago, RandomBreeder said:

All this tease...😡

ikr?! xD

At the same time though, I'm glad they're kind enough not to spoil for the rest of us who don't know, even if they were asked not to by the mods/creators. regardless, it makes it that much more exciting that way. :D

Some of my babies hatched and a friend sent me more, because he wasn't going to be around for a while and he didn't want his to die so he gave his to me. so now I have 7 of each. I didn't expect to get that many, but I'm so excited! :wub:

I knew I should have hoarded the feathered babs instead of the gusties on the first release day. Now I can barely find any of the new pygmies. ;v; *making soft cooing sounds*

edit: yee got one. I want to get egglocked on these pygmies now though. lol

Edited by TerraAnne

2 more hours until we see some adults. Ahhhhh, the waiting is driving me crazy! xD

I'm rather annoyed because I have to go to bed at 8, and they can't grow up much before 9.  At least I get up early.  (Or maybe I'll find some excuse to sneak out of bed.)

I'm still seeing gusty and pygmy eggs in the Alpine and other biomes if you want to catch them!

I got that last one in the coast and the one before in the alpine. They are dropping just well mixed I guess.