TJ09

2018-09-30 - September Dragon Release

Thank you for the gorgeous new dragons. I hope the pygmies are lil birbs!

27 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I didn't realize just how *tiny* the s1 pygmy is

I just went comparing, and it's the tiniest of them all.  Tinier than Common Pygmy S1s, tinier than Crimson Flare S1s, tinier than the squatter but longer Dark Myst S1s, tinier than the stretched-out Kyanites, even tinier than the really tiny Dusk S1s.  It's on a completely different scale from the Mimic/Pumpkin/Magelight S1s, and not very close to Misfit/Nilia/Red-Tailed/Seawyrm, either.

Variation between pygmy hatchling size seems to keep increasing as time passes.  Next, can someone release the pygmy breed that grows backwards?  The egg could hold a full-grown dragon, then it hatches out the size of, oh, an Olive Green dragon, the S2 is the size of an adult Mint, and the adult is the size of a Crimson Flare.  If it's not clear, I'm joking.

I never freeze. NEVER. But those baby s1 pygmies are so cute they are making me reconsider that statement. And their description...!!! They're soooo cute 😍

And gusties are looking good too!! Love that pose, feels like it's tempting you to fight them ❤ 

The S1's are just so SMOL.

So smol and soft.

I just want to hug them. 

1 hour ago, Shokomon said:

The S1's are just so SMOL.

So smol and soft.

I just want to hug them. 

I was thinking the same!  Those stage 1 look like little parakeets!  I was to hold one perched on my outstretched finger!

Happy to see some new in-cave spriters join the rest of the crew! :D Congratulations @Mewtie and @Royal-Tentacle. Your little hatchlings are beautiful! 

Edited by StormWizard212

I'm loving both breeds so far, can't wait to see what they grow into. My three pygmies hatched today, which left me room to get the fourth!

Hee, I got a 2nd gen silver for two of the new pygmy hatchlings. Though I did make sure to offer a male and female pair. Or at least that’s how they were influenced. Then I caught two more eggs.

Someone mentioned this a while back but I'll say it again: really stoked to see some lovelies off the completed list. Yes, it does spoil the surprise--but I think the delight of knowing something really beautiful is about to become a reality makes it all worth it. I also found the quality of a few releases this year disappointing and out of sync with how rigorous the DR crits have become, so it's refreshing to see a few that have run the gauntlet and risen shining from it. I know the pygmies are stunning personally, others seem to be saying the same of the blues--really awesome to see what things are coming out of DR lately! And last but FAR from least, a huge hoorah for new spriters! I don't know the blue's spriter very well, but all of @Mewtie's work in DR has been exceptional. A happy welcome to the roster, and here's to more to come! :D 

2 hours ago, cbussiere said:

Spotted some cute near-boops in the AllureofNDs Hatchery:

HJb0i6p.pngfEXX8X5.png

Awww, that Sunsong is like, "Oh? Hello there, you're a new face...and so small. *sniff sniff* "

I can't wait for my babies to hatch. they're under three days, but don't even have cracks. ugh, the tease! xD

Oh there were new dragons

dammit I missed their release day by a long shot. I’m gonna have to trade for them if I want that date on them lol

I don't usually like sprites that are too small to see any detail on, but those pygmy S1's are REALLY cute. They look like baby harp seals.

a late september release 😁 but fine anyway. thanks, spriters! i'm not really a pygmy fan, but very curious, how they will look like!

Yayness!!!  All but one of my Eggs have hatched!!!

New eggs! Still in need of at least one Pygmy because Pygmy! 😍

*scratching my head* The wiki and this thread both say "all biomes" for the pygmy, but somehow I've yet to see one in the Volcano. Has anyone caught a pygmy in the Volcano? I see them easily in all the other biomes. But maybe it's just random chance.

I had missed the s1 hatchies in TJ's post but seeing them now they're unbelievably cute :wub: 

I can't wait for the adults! I also love to see DR stuff released and I actually can't remember these too so it's going to be a surprise for me.

5 minutes ago, tjekan said:

*scratching my head* The wiki and this thread both say "all biomes" for the pygmy, but somehow I've yet to see one in the Volcano. Has anyone caught a pygmy in the Volcano? I see them easily in all the other biomes. But maybe it's just random chance.

Yeap, my last pygmy I caught in the volcano ^^

10 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Someone mentioned this a while back but I'll say it again: really stoked to see some lovelies off the completed list. Yes, it does spoil the surprise--but I think the delight of knowing something really beautiful is about to become a reality makes it all worth it. I also found the quality of a few releases this year disappointing and out of sync with how rigorous the DR crits have become, so it's refreshing to see a few that have run the gauntlet and risen shining from it. I know the pygmies are stunning personally, others seem to be saying the same of the blues--really awesome to see what things are coming out of DR lately! And last but FAR from least, a huge hoorah for new spriters! I don't know the blue's spriter very well, but all of @Mewtie's work in DR has been exceptional. A happy welcome to the roster, and here's to more to come! :D 

Why drag things out for a surprise that only a fraction of the playerbase will actually know about? We have a userbase of more than a thousand and to my knowledge only a few hundred actually read anything other than announcements linked on the DC home page, if even that!

Even if it is spoiled, it's still a new dragon and a surprise is a one time thing (if even that) for DC anyway because you can just look it up, I looked up every single breed that was there before joining the site for cryin' out loud!

Basically I do not give a crud about a surprise, tell us 6 months in advance and let us vote which ones we want first if ya want! Make this site like american idol for all i'd care!

Actually don't, every dragon would sing "Let It Go" for easy votes.