TJ09

2018-09-30 - September Dragon Release

3 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Till Wednesday afternoon.

I know where the pygmies sort. Where do the gusties fall in the ABC listing?

Gusties sort between Aeons and Albinos.

8 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Till Wednesday afternoon.

I know where the pygmies sort. Where do the gusties fall in the ABC listing?

Sigh~ okay, guess I can wait that long. *pouts* lmao. xD

They sort above Blusangs, I know that much.

ETA: Ninja'd :ph34r:

Edited by Syiren

6 minutes ago, BrokenGems said:

Thank you! :)

*waits*

1 minute ago, SamuelMaybird said:

I missed this initial release entirely uuuugh

They can still be caught. I grabbed another Gusty a few hours ago after my blusang egg hatched. 

12 minutes ago, Syiren said:

They can still be caught. I grabbed another Gusty a few hours ago after my blusang egg hatched. 

Yea I like catching some before they get mixed in. I went and filled up on gusties and only have two of the pygmies. Oops, I know what they'll look like and I neeeeeed more white birbs

My! I got caught off guard this time >.<

I can't decide if I should wait to see the adults or get a couple of these blue dragons x.x

Anyway, thanks for the release; I wish I love pygmies, tho xD

Missed the entire flood. Thankfully managed to grab 2 of the pygmies. Just have to wait for my other eggs to hatch to aim for the other one.

Ohhh, these hatchies all look very promising !

It's great to see that the Gusties finally arrived ! One of the most beautiful eggs in the cave.

Those pygmies look so adorable, if the adults live up to it I'll probably have a new pygmy favourite.

So, names.

The Gusties are between Aeo- and Alb-. Something with "Aero" comes to mind, with so much wind around them.

And the pygmies are even more specific. Between Pink and Plated, they either start with Pi- or Pla- (Pj- or Pk- are improbable, at least). Would have tried pidgeon, but that would be before Pink, not after. No idea at the moment.

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

Someone pointed out it might be spelled "pigeon".  Still sorts before pink.

From page 16:

On 10/1/2018 at 6:15 AM, Pilauli said:

Here are some possible names, gleaned from my handy dictionary:

- Pipsqueak dragons would be kind of cool; so far they're tiny and make noise.

- Piper or Pitch Pygmies would reference their musical inclinations.

- I favor Pity Dove Pygmies or Plaintive Pygmies, think mourning doves.

I also wrote several more on page 16, but this is the clump that seems the best fit.

Wait... How long do concepts have to be off the list before they can be added, again?

I feel like the pygmy babs were just in final crit yesterday :,) time flies so fast.

Also personally I appreciate the new releases so much more when I know all the hard work and love that went into them. Like, watching a concept finally escape crit hell and make it out of DR is just so satisfying, man. I don't care about surprises... Because most of the time lately the releases have underwhelmed me, or I've fallen in love with the hatchies and disliked the adults. I like waiting for something I know I'll love and being excited that they're finally here over getting hyped for dragons that I don't like in the end. Then when you voice your disappointment people get mad and etc etc

It's nice to have a release where a lot of people are on the same, loving page for once. And that wouldn't be possible without DR ;3;

Thanks TJ for this lovely midday interlude of new dragon eggs. The thrill of the hunt is on!

The pygmy hatchling is looking rather cute. I'm looking forward to seeing her finish growing up.

The gusty blue hatchling looks promising. A bit more growing and he'll be flying high very soon.

Thanks to the spriters and TJ for another inspired release!

21 hours ago, cbussiere said:

I'm REALLY liking the look of those pygmies. So detailed, well-colored, and well-proportioned for such a tiny sprite. It looks like really skilled work.

It does! I already stocked on FIVE of their adorable little eggies! Two pair plus one!

AND I grabbed a pair of gusties, too, so as for me I am happily locked with brand neweggies for the moment.... or not QUITE!

Edited by JavaTigress

Those pygmies look absolutely angelic. Probably gonna beat out Magelights as my favorite pygmies!

I'm loving the ap right now... Literally instant-hatchie grabs!! And my gusty eggs are about to hatch ^^

18 hours ago, BrokenGems said:

Aiolos Dragons, maybe (variant of Aeolus)?

9 hours ago, Lantean_Pegasus said:

Something with "Aero" comes to mind, with so much wind around them.

Maybe it's "Aerobat Dragons", a pun on "acrobat" (and they do have four limbs, like bats).  Plausible?  Maybe not.

Hatchies in the hatcheries now! I didn't realize just how *tiny* the s1 pygmy is until seeing it in a crowd of much larger sprites in the hatcheries, lol. I still have 2 hours until I get hatchies (if they hatch on time).

Am I too late? Are they all gone, I have not been hunting and I just now discovered the 2 new eggs, but have not seen any in the cave. ☹️

3 minutes ago, Sannois said:

Am I too late? Are they all gone, I have not been hunting and I just now discovered the 2 new eggs, but have not seen any in the cave. ☹️

They're dropping on the 5-minute mark.