TJ09

2018-09-30 - September Dragon Release

Both of the hatchlings look so cute! ♥ I absolutely love the gusties; have a feeling I'm gonna be hoarding them! :D

4 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I think I'm glad I've stayed out of DR (... mostly) for the last few years, I really prefer being surprised when TJ's grow up and I'm glad I don't know what these will look like.

Me too! I like surprises. :)  I poke my head in DR every once in awhile when I see a thread heading that looks interesting, but I never follow them once I've had a look because I just don't want to spoil the anticipation.

Well, this thread appears to have significantly slowed down.

I'm still excited for the new dragons!

(Say, d'ye think lingering AP-backlog-ness from the release will make zombie fodder easy to get?)

The white dragons are precious!! :wub: And the blues look so shinyyy! I'm so excited, what little cuties!! ❤️

Your name's blackhilllife.  That said, I think this is our very first white pygmy!  More color variation!  Yeah, white dragons don't seem to be all that common.

Edit 'cause I'm absentminded: you ever notice how many green pygmies there are?  So many green pygmies.

Edited by Pilauli

So glad I was actually here at the start of a release for a change. Makes catching them a lot easier.

1 minute ago, Pilauli said:

Yeah, white dragons don't seem to be all that common.

Pretty sure it's because white doesn't show up well on the default sandy scroll color. Dark dragons stand out a lot more than light dragons.

The hatchlings are looking nice! I'm excited for the pygmy especially, but I love them both already! :wub:

I already know how well the Gusties are going to go with Azure Glacewings and I'm so so excited to start that lineage

I think the "feathered" eggs are going to go well with Magelights... at least, I hope, haha. 

I JUST WANT THEM to grow up so i can start breeding already omg

18 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

I already know how well the Gusties are going to go with Azure Glacewings and I'm so so excited to start that lineage

Both are sky blue with light purple shadows... mmm~
 hgU2GGQ.png

I want to try the "gusts" with Reds. 

I don't like pygmies but for these new ones (glad they got selected for release), so I won't be breeding them much, only hoarding.

Wow, new release. I missed it yesterdary. But now, I've got them all, four of ech. 

Love white pigmy. So tiny! So cute! So white! Love it so far!

Heck, I'm just now realising what the Gusties were! Eeeee! I remember em!

Really can't relate to wanting to stay out of DR lol. I understand not wanting to spoil the surprise but sometimes a gift feels better when you know what's coming! (And know how much work and love went into them, as well as actually helping out on the projects! That feels awesome)

I just found iaAWK (one of TJ's new pygmy hatchlings) on Valley Sherwood.  Was rather surprised to see a white pygmy gendered hatchie on there, until I recognized the code.  Of course, I'm once again reminded of how utterly adorable they are.

Personally, I don't much like waiting.  I'd rather know what something is sooner.  (Although waiting is probably good for me.  Argh.)  Actually, if I'd seen them on DR (although that was before my time, generally speaking), I don't know if I'd be able to restrain myself from dropping hints all over the place.

Ooh wow, I just saw TerraAnne's signature, with the part about pygmy golden dragons.  Given that these at least look a lot like a pygmy version of the white dragons, are we going to get pygmy versions of all the old breeds?  Stone pygmies, anyone?  (If they looked anything like the stone hatchies, I'd hoard them.  I'd totally hoard them.)

I had a feeling there was going to be a new release this weekend - then forgot. I just remembered now, like 18 hours later. I've already got the pygmies and 2 gusties. Two more to go. I'm glad they're fairly easy to grab. 

35 minutes ago, Pilauli said:

Ooh wow, I just saw TerraAnne's signature, with the part about pygmy golden dragons.  Given that these at least look a lot like a pygmy version of the white dragons, are we going to get pygmy versions of all the old breeds?  Stone pygmies, anyone?  (If they looked anything like the stone hatchies, I'd hoard them.  I'd totally hoard them.)

This isn't really dropping hints, but they aren't pygmy Whites. I believe those pygmy Golds were a concept that wasn't actually a pygmy version of a Gold Dragon, but a separate species that just happened to be a gold colour. I think I'm remembering that correctly. Tbh, I doubt pygmy versions of normal dragons are ever going to be a thing.

On a different note, does anyone know exactly how long it'll be before TJ's dragons grow up? And how come his dragons hatch earlier (aside from the fact he's the boss) I mean do the timers go down twice as fast or are the eggs and hatchies "incubated" a certain amount of hours?

Edited by RealWilliamShakespeare

I think the timers are normal now.  Now, late monday, they've got about 6 hours left.  Late sunday they had just hatched, and so would have about 7 hours left.  I'm pretty sure he just gave them a sort of mega-incubate to start out with, so they could hatch on release day.

3 minutes ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

This isn't really dropping hints, but they aren't pygmy Whites. I believe those pygmy Golds were a concept that wasn't actually a pygmy version of a Gold Dragon, but a separate species that just happened to be a gold colour. I think I'm remembering that correctly. Tbh, I doubt pygmy versions of normal dragons are ever going to be a thing.

On a different note, does anyone know exactly how long it'll be before TJ's dragons grow up? And how come his dragons hatch earlier (aside from the fact he's the boss) I mean do the timers go down twice as fast or are the eggs and hatchies "incubated" a certain amount of hours?

I usually see TJ's eggs spawned in with their timers at like 3d12h or thereabouts at the start of a release. Also, the hatchies will age up when they hit 4d as usual.

Edited by DuskOfTheStars

13 minutes ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

TJ's new-release eggs always start out low-timed, usually below 4 days, so they usually don't take too long to hatch. His hatchlings don't have any timer difference, though, so after the fast-hatching we still have to wait 3 days to see the adults (roughly 50 hours from now, judging by their current timers). 

We have to wait how long to see their adult forms?! *whimpers* but....I wanna see them now. T^T

17 minutes ago, Syiren said:

We have to wait how long to see their adult forms?! *whimpers* but....I wanna see them now. T^T

Till Wednesday afternoon.

I know where the pygmies sort. Where do the gusties fall in the ABC listing?