TJ09

2018-09-30 - September Dragon Release

Ok so apparently I got the gusts confused with something else that starts with T and would be in the Coast, presumably. So no idea who they are, but 100% on the others and very, very glad to see them in game. They are going to be hoarding material for me if I can just find some Pygmy pairings I like. :)

@scalesofgrey you will seeeee :D 

@angelicdragonpuppy Can't wait!

If those hatchling keep their white feathers I would probably pair them with Dark Myst to make an actual checkerboard! I heard someone in the thread is thinking of making a lineage with Mimics a la angels and demons. So many possiblities already and we don't have adults yet! :)

Oh wow, a new release!! It came at a different time than usual, right? Managed to catch one of each already so hopefully it isn't too bad even though they are already mixing. 

Yay new dragons! I really like the description of the white feathered ones. I hope they are as cute as they sound. I might hoard them!

4 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Cute gendered hatchies!! :)

@angelicdragonpuppy are you saying you spiriters of one or am I reading that wrong 

I wish haha! Just was one of the followers of the thread... and the suggester of the final name (unless it changed XD) :D I’m like the cool aunt!

okay, after seeing the gendered hatchies...I'm really REALLY liking both breeds and can't pick a fav between the two. If it keeps going like this I'm going to need to hoard both.

I'm startled by the fact that these pretty news started dropping at noon EDT instead of midnight EDT. Is this a new trend?

Now that the blues have gendered and gotten floof they look pretty dang cute :D pygmies are gonna be hard to beat, but maybe we’ve got a second awesome one! 

Congrats to the new spriters, too!

Both hatchies look wonderful!! (And ooh, the cooing pygmies made me think of doves/pigeons. That could be cool!)

I've been hoping for a plain white or grey pygmy anyway...pairing them with Dark Mysts sounds really good right now! But I think white will look good with anything. We'll see

5 minutes ago, RandomBreeder said:

Um... why's everyone calling the pygmies hoarding material? Is there something special about them?

Some people got a sneak peek during their development, I think? And so they have an idea of what their final form will be. I missed out, but I personally love how they look so far. and the idea of a cooing baby dragon is adorable. :wub:

ETA: Also, I am a hardcore tomboy, but I will call something adorable if I feel it's qualified. And these cooing feather babies make the cut. :D

Excellent work spriters. These guys look amazing, and the Gusty babies look glowy! I love Glowy! almost like they're made out of shimmering crystals.

Edited by Syiren

6 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Some people got a sneak peek during their development, I think? And so they have an idea of what their final form will be. I missed out, but I personally love how they look so far. and the idea of a cooing baby dragon is adorable. :wub:

ETA: Also, I am a hardcore tomboy, but I will call something adorable if I feel it's qualified. And these cooing feather babies make the cut. :D

Excellent work spriters. These guys look amazing, and the Gusty babies look glowy! I love Glowy! almost like they're made out of shimmering crystals.

Ah si si, guess I was right in going for a 4:3 after all~

Oh damn, glad to catch this before I went to college. Thanks for the release TJ.

Now that we're allowed to talk about spriters.... So glad Mewtie is in-cave now! Hopefully this will mean more of their concepts are likely to make it, they're such an excellent spriter!

Wohoooo, there they ae!

The Gusties now look different than they did during their accidental release, don't they?

Filled myself up with four of each :)

Edited by Gluria

Ooo the hatchlings look great, I'm looking forward to seeing them all grown up! The pygmies are especially adorable, they do seem like the ones I remember from the dragon requests section. ^_^

I'm going to need a 100 of the feathered pygmies

Also YES finally mewtie is in cave! I need more of her sprites to hoard though!

Edited by Dohaerys

So happy for the pygmies getting released, I followed the concept from start to completion and they really deserve to make it into cave ♥

23 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

if you spell pigeon correctly, that may change things some.

CAN'T be Pidgeon Dragons because they sort after pinks (but before plated colossi.)  Pigeon would still sort before pink, which these don't.  I think English spelling is just so chaotic I've ceased to take the simplest path in any given situation.

(Yeah, I'm playing havoc with logical ordering here.)

Here are some possible names, gleaned from my handy dictionary:

- Pipsqueak dragons would be kind of cool; so far they're tiny and make noise.

- Piper or Pitch Pygmies would reference their musical inclinations.

- I favor Pity Dove Pygmies or Plaintive Pygmies, think mourning doves.

Other ideas would be nautical: pirate, piranha, or piscivorous (but these aren't coast-exclusive, and the description has no support for it), or pinnacle dwellers (which I'd expect in the alpine or if there was some mention of high places)

Or it's possible they're kind of like white dragons: placatory, maybe?  Or placebo, healing people by tricking them into thinking they're healed?

Plain Pygmies or Pinnate Pygmies is just too generic to make much sense.

I see TJ's hatchies gendered overnight.  Anyone notice how the females are bigger and more active?  That's a cool reversal from several existing dragon species.  I'm even more thinking birds, now.

Really excited!  Yay!

For the gusties: is anyone else noticing the spines and thinking of seragamma wyverns?

Edited by Pilauli
Trying to keep updated, despite Fuzzbucket's scathing criticism.

10 minutes ago, Pilauli said:

Went through dictionary and found some semi-plausible names for the pygmies:

- CAN'T be Pidgeon Dragons because they sort after pinks (but before plated colossi.)

I have no idea, but if you spell pigeon correctly, that may change things some.