TJ09

2018-09-30 - September Dragon Release

1 minute ago, AugKitty said:

Are there different colors for any of these eggs?

You can usually tell by how many eggs TJ has. If there’s four it usually means the species is dimorphic. If theres more than four eggs it usually means they have different colors.

Just now, almne said:

You can usually tell by how many eggs TJ has. If there’s four it usually means the species is dimorphic. If theres more than four eggs it usually means they have different colors.

2 eggs = no adult/hatchie dimorph.

3 eggs = adult dimorph only.

4 eggs = adult and hatchie dimorph.

5 eggs and more = color alts (generally).

2 minutes ago, almne said:

Specifically, 4 eggs mean both hatchies and adults are dimorphic.  :ph34r:

Edited by Imzadi

Heh. Joke is on me.  I didn't see a release this morning so I did some breeding for a project of mine and, as a consequence, I don't have all my egg slots.  Oh well!  I was still able to grab two of each.  :)

5 minutes ago, Ytak said:

Heh. Joke is on me.  I didn't see a release this morning so I did some breeding for a project of mine and, as a consequence, I don't have all my egg slots.  Oh well!  I was still able to grab two of each.  :) 

They were actually released close to or at noon, I'm not sure exactly, as I missed it.  So there wasn't anything for you to see.

I'm going nuts trying to decide if I should grab more and gift/trade them later, because hunting new-releases is FUN!!! Or if I should go back to the AP so one less person is fighting for new eggs. I have two of each, and that's enough to breed the messies I'll want later.... Hmm. (Are old eggs already mixing in?? Someone mentioned that, I haven't seen any yet, I hope they aren't mixing in a lot this early...)

Of course a drop occurs while I'm at work, after waiting for two nights. Luckily I still grabbed enough, though I wish I could hoard more gusties. All those pygmies made me nervous, so I loaded on them instead in case of alts...though people keep telling me it's likely dimorphs, I don't dare trust them.

11 minutes ago, Nectaris said:

They were actually released close to or at noon, I'm not sure exactly, as I missed it.  So there wasn't anything for you to see.

I think it was 1pm cave time

3 minutes ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

I think it was 1pm cave time

Oh yeah, I forget cave time is an hour ahead.  It was around noon here.

Man, saw three z-code new eggs in the hour drop and missed them all! I was going to gift one. Oh well. 

How come TJ's eggs didn't hatch  yet? Does it relate with the date on his scroll?

Edit: Aaaah TJ changed the date to today, the eggs are a'crackin :D

Edited by Naughtrish

*Urges Floret egg to hatch so she can go hunting again*

I believe that the gusties are only dropping in the alpine, yes.  The pygmies are apparently dropping everywhere.

Someone noticed that TJ's eggs claim to have been stolen on October 1st, which is tomorrow.  That may be related to them not hatching yet.

Has anyone else noticed/asked why the title of this thread is "2018-09-01 - September Dragon Release" ...  when today is the 30th?  😕

Just now, muttduck said:

Has anyone else noticed/asked why the title of this thread is "2018-09-01 - September Dragon Release" ...  when today is the 30th?  😕

More oddities.

2 minutes ago, muttduck said:

tumblr_mjcsruX3io1qfc062o7_r1_250.gif

I wonder if it was either badly delayed for some reason or if TJ is having trouble with dates/times today.  Did anyone notice what someone pointed out earlier, about his eggs being stolen on the first of October?

Oh, wait.  Maybe one or the other has time-related powers!  Could we be looking at the first BSA pygmy?  Or maybe the gusties have been reworked to include time warping.

5 minutes ago, muttduck said:

Because TJ.

it was several hours into october for me, australian time, by the time the release finally happened :D

i'd stayed up really late, and finally gone to sleep, then sleepily half woke and checked, and found i'd missed the beginning by an hour.

i'm happy to see the return of the windy gusts, but i wish they weren't so hard to catch. very excited by the new pygmy, though i'd love it to be a rooster or a duck.

Edited by greycat