TJ09

2018-09-30 - September Dragon Release

9 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

Would that make it a Pipkin checker? :P 

Two gorgeous new breeds! Thanks to the spriters and TJ. I love the detail on the Pipio's wings and the Aether's colouring is beautiful. 

omg you're right it does! Which is totally Halloween! It reminded me of the old animated movie: The Halloween Tree, the kid they were chasing after was holding his Spirit Pumpkin and was named Pipkin! G'ahhh! I love these even more now! :D

I'm so happy everyone is taking this release so great, maybe it'll encourage more DR's to come into life!! There's a few on there I'd LOVE to see out

9 hours ago, Pilauli said:

Uh,

image.png.17f0ed285df7ee819eb017c9ab24f66d.pngimage.png.0c4d1f9f6f50d1dfe64bf8e3ed2bbf0f.pngimage.png.208e8ccbfe3e276875631dd0a91f79ae.png

Edit: It just occurred to me that some people are going to relish in the different, more grotesque bodies of Mimic Pygmies in contrast with these, and make "angel/demon" themed lineages.

What a great idea! Thanks, I will, once I get home from my trip and can get some Pipio.

congrats, Mewtie, on your first release.

Both dragons are really pretty. Great job, spriters.

I am very glad to finally have a pygmy breed that won't look too out of proportion when bred with the Pumpkins! 

Both adults are wonderfully done; so fluffy and cute :3 Awesome work to the spriters ^^ Gonna have to grab some more of each, especially the Aethers.

It really is. I'm currently trying to hunt down another one now that I have space for another. They're so cute. I need to hoard them. 

ETA: Just got one, and I love it's code! Thank you wonderful spriters, and TJ. This release has been amazing!

Edited by Syiren

Well, I had to name a pipio "Give Me Your Eyes" 

I just remembered this is probably our last release until March, unless we get a November surprise again.  :( Oh well, I love them both so it was a good one.  Thank you spriters!

I love the Pipio pygmies! The feathers look lovely and they look fragile, but the description says they are hardy - I could definitely see myself having a couple as pets.  And the Aethers have such lovely shades of blue and fluff. :)

How I wish the Pipios were real, so I can keep them in my house...

1 hour ago, SkyWolf25 said:

It'd be amazing to have a small dragon in the household, especially a sweet, feathery one. ^_^

Oh wow I didn't even notice the post. Good going guys, they look great. Big congrats/thanks to @Mewtie and @Infinis on their massive portions of work while i sit here with my teeny little sketches.

Edited by Royal-Tentacle

To everyone who helped making this release happen, including but not limited to anyone who contributed to their development in the Dragon Requests section, thank you! C:

Seeing the widely positive reception of the Pipio Pygmy Dragon sprites in this thread makes me really happy! Sorry to those whose tastes they do not meet, and I hope that those of you did still have something from this release to enjoy.

Also, to be clear: Dragons in general are described as "highly-intelligent"; the same is true for the Pipio Pygmies, but they are one of the less intelligent among all the dragon breeds; thus for a dragon, they are "not very intelligent". I only wanted to say this in case the description makes it sound as though they have drake intelligence, which is certainly not the case.

36 minutes ago, Royal-Tentacle said:

Oh wow I didn't even notice the post. Good going guys, they look great. Big thanks to @Mewtie and @Infinis on their massive portions of work while i sit here with my teeny little sketches.

Hello and congratulations on becoming an in-cave spriter! Judging from your sketches, I like your work, and a good sketch tends to ease the rest of the process significantly, from my experience.

3 hours ago, SkyWolf25 said:

1 hour ago, Cottoncat said:

It'd be amazing to have a small dragon in the household, especially a sweet, feathery one. ^_^

Yeeesss. I can easily see a Pipio (or two, or three...) flitting around my apartment! Not sure just how big they are, but maybe it would perch on the back of my couch the way my dog does... 

Thank you for such a beautiful pygmy, Mewtie! 

1 hour ago, Royal-Tentacle said:

Oh wow I didn't even notice the post. Good going guys, they look great. Big congrats/thanks to @Mewtie and @Infinis on their massive portions of work while i sit here with my teeny little sketches.

Hey, us sketchers are an important part of the process too! ;D Without us, there wouldn't be anything to sprite! ♥

image.png.c7a60fc9ed901d233e42e162fcd5c27c.png

yessss

I hope someone gets this reference.

Edit: I'm having fun.
image.png.f4a75c7c8deff7239676c10e78133395.png

Edited by cbussiere

8 hours ago, Royal-Tentacle said:

As one who also draws, never underestimate the power of a good drawing! Much 3D work is based off 2D beginnings!

Mewtie and infinis, both of these dragons are lovely. This is the first time I've ever wanted to hoard all the dragons in one release. They'll be cutting into my Lacula hoarding, I think, I'm not ready to sacrifice space for my Guardians and Red Finned Tidals yet. ;) 

I love both dragons, but wow that pygmy is gorgeous! Might be hoarding this one in the future!

9 hours ago, Royal-Tentacle said:

Don't bring your self down! 

Your sketches made the Aether wyverns possible!