TJ09

2018-09-30 - September Dragon Release

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!! I flipping LOVE THESE DRAGGOS!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: 

Spriters, you are BRILLIANT!!!!

I love that there's another all-white dragon and I love their name, too! The shading on the adult pygmy also looks SO good, on the wings especially, it just adds such depth and detail. Great work to the spriters and concept creators! I think a lot of people are going to be hoarding both of these releases and using them in tons of beautiful lineages :wub:

Pipio's are HERE! Yay!

I can't wait for people to see both sprites!

They are both so lovely! 

I forgot who made the concept for these guys though...

THE (ADULT?) BABIES ARE HERE! :D So so SO glad they made it in, the quality is kick butt (look at all that tiny little detail!) and they're just unbelievably precious. Little angels. ❤️ Definitely one of my favorite DRs, wonderful to see them here.

Btw, Pipio is Latin for "peeping chick" and was the origin of the word pigeon; I was the one to suggest it. :D *Is bricked for being an attention hog*

God the pipios are gorgeous ❤️

The aether wyverns are too! I like the fluffy look and the colours on the wings.

Edited by RWyvern

Pipios really look like they'll make beautiful armies on our scrolls... In my mind, some dragons just seem more aesthetically pleasing in armies then others do (for instance, I loooove Royal Blues but don't necessarily think they look great all in a row) and I really think Pipios are going to look awesome in that regard.

1 minute ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Btw, Pipio is Latin for "peeping chick" and was the origin of the word pigeon; I was the one to suggest it. :D *Is bricked for being an attention hog*

I was wondering what "Pipio" meant/where it came from! That's super interesting and clever, I love it! Thanks for the info :D

8 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Pipio's are HERE! Yay!

I can't wait for people to see both sprites!

They are both so lovely! 

I forgot who made the concept for these guys though...

Concept by @CellyBean.

OMG. I have just seen the adults, the Pipios and the Aethers, and they are beautiful. :) Thank you TJ and Spriters for this amazing new release.

8 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

THE (ADULT?) BABIES ARE HERE! :D So so SO glad they made it in, the quality is kick butt (look at all that tiny little detail!) and they're just unbelievably precious. Little angels. ❤️ Definitely one of my favorite DRs, wonderful to see them here.

Thank you for suggesting that name. That name is just perfect for those gorgeous little white pygmies. :)

10 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Yep. These guys are pigeon based, not doves, i.e the "not overly intelligent" bit of their descriptions. 

OH HEY!!! They are gorgeous... the prettiest release ever for me. Should get more aethers 

Usually in a new release one is my favorite. but for this release they are both my favorites. I can't believe how gorgeous they both are, from egg to hatchie, to adult. Extraordinary. Amazing.

1 minute ago, Whirlaway said:

Yep. These guys are pigeon based, not doves, i.e the "not overly intelligent" bit of their descriptions. 

Both are in the same family and terms are used pretty interchangeably; even the common city pigeon is also known as the rock dove. I don't think there's a huge intelligence difference (or even much of a taxonomic one)?

40 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Oh stuff it ADP! You can be an attention hog all you want! These babies are amazing! Congrats and thank you for giving them such a cute name! I'm a definite fan! :D

ETA: I meant that in a friendly, joking tone, btw. The whole 'stuff it' bit. ^^;

Edited by Syiren
clarification

Yep, I knew I recognised both of these guys! Very happy to see the Aethers released finally (and properly).

Oh, I didn't recognise the Aethers from the eggs or hatchlings, but now I do remember seeing them in the DR! Very nice. And the Pipios are just as lovely as I remembered.

Heeeeell yeah!! Watching both those concepts grow was so so awesome and seeing them be so appreciated shows that all the hard work paid off!!! :wub: I’m so happy to see them in-cave - the conceptors and spriters both really deserve it :) They somehow both look better than I remember them!

All the adults look great! The Pipios are my favourite, because we haven't had anything like them yet, but the wyverns are great too!

Both lovely.  Congrats to Mewtie and Royal-Tentacle on your first dragons. (and infinis too)  I think I might like pipios with dark mysts, if I can ge them to breed well.  Thanks TJ!

Thanks DR creators and spriters for those gorgeous breeds! I stalked those threads until they disappeared from the CL. Happily scroll locked (well, almost) with them. :D