crocodile100

Kids/YA Illustrated Book About a Dragon Who Cant Breathe Fire - Runs Away

Hey all,

I just remembered a book I had as a kid about 12 years ago. It was an illustrated book, and from what I can remember, the artwork was pretty high quality and relatively realistic.

As far as I can remember, the plot begins with a young male dragon being excluded from an activity/sport involving fire that other dragons play. I think he was excluded because he could not breathe fire. The young dragon ends up leaving home and goes on a journey, but eventually he returns home, possibly with the ability to breathe fire. I believe there was a young female dragon who was an important secondary character.

I cannot for the life of me find this book, and it is not "Not Your Typical Dragon" or "The Dragon Who Couldn't Breathe Fire." I think that the title had the young male dragon's name in it, which makes searching for it harder, and I think it was intended for kids about 10 years old. It is not a very humorous story, if I remember correctly, and some of it is rather sad.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Could it be

2985939 He can't at first breathe fire, has to go on a mission up a mountain, with help from a friend.