DarkEternity

Make GoNs breed true when bred to Neutral Affinity species

I propose that the GoNs breed true when bred to Neutral Affinity species and that lineaged eggs don't count under GoN species limits. 

1 minute ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

@DarkEternity What are your reasonings for this proposal, might I ask? If you were to describe why you think this would be a reasonable request that’d be helpful

I n f i n i t e  G o n  A r m y

6 minutes ago, DarkEternity said:

The only WAY this could be worth-while is IF the limits on them were lifted entirely WHICH I, quite frankly, don't see happening.

Increased, maybe, but NOT lifted totally.

The GONs are supposed to be very powerful and rare dragons, after all, so it makes sense if they aren't as common as some other breeds.

AND it makes sense if the don't 'reproduce after their kind' the way other dragons do ( Or not often?)

So... that is another nope from me.

Edited by JavaTigress

2 minutes ago, DarkEternity said:

That's not exactly a good argument. Why would this be beneficial to the game? How would the game explain this? I have to agree with others, 'nope'. GoNs are very special dragons that are not available normally, they have to be summoned by three other types of dragons.... How would you explain the sudden change lore-wise? Why would Trios have to summon GoNs in the first place if they could simply be bred? 

5 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

The only WAY this could be worth-while is IF the limits on them were lifted entirely WHICH I, quite frankly, don't see happening.

Increased, maybe, but NOT lifted totally.

The GONs are supposed to be very powerful and rare dragons, after all, so it makes sense if they aren't as common as some other breeds.

So... that is another nope from me.

2 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

That's not exactly a good argument. Why would this be beneficial to the game? How would the game explain this? I have to agree with others, 'nope'. GoNs are very special dragons that are not available normally, they have to be summoned by three other types of dragons.... How would you explain the sudden change lore-wise? Why would Trios have to summon GoNs in the first place if they could simply be bred? 

Lore of GoNs are directly based off Lugia and Lugia can canonically breed in the Pokemon anime. 

15 minutes ago, DarkEternity said:

Lore of GoNs are directly based off Lugia and Lugia can canonically breed in the Pokemon anime. 

Again not a good argument. DragonCave is not Pokemon. There are similarities, sure, and some breeds do seem to take inspiration directly from Pokemon or other things, but that doesn't mean that DC should automatically do everything they do. DC is it's own game, with it's own universe and lore. It needs to be treated as such. If a suggestion is made it should be made because it would be beneficial to DC, not because some other game does it.

edit: I thought I'd clarify, I don't mean 'not a good argument' for me personally. I mean for Suggestions in general. Threads in this section are generally taken more seriously if there is sound reasoning behind the suggestion, if the poster can give good arguments for why the thing would make sense for the game. Threads that are just 'DC should be more like this other game' usually don't get a lot of support.

Edited by HeatherMarie

37 minutes ago, DarkEternity said:

Well... 

DragonCave is not Pokemon. There are similarities, sure, and some breeds do seem to take inspiration directly from Pokemon or other things, but that doesn't mean that DC should automatically do everything they do. DC is it's own game, with it's own universe and lore. It needs to be treated as such. If a suggestion is made it should be made because it would be beneficial to DC, not because some other game does it.

edit: I thought I'd clarify, I don't mean 'not a good argument' for me personally. I mean for Suggestions in general. Threads in this section are generally taken more seriously if there is sound reasoning behind the suggestion, if the poster can give good arguments for why the thing would make sense for the game. Threads that are just 'DC should be more like this other game' usually don't get a lot of support.

This states my thoughts pretty well.

BESIDES which, even IF we go by " 'GONs' are Lugia "... I would assume that Lugia,being a very RARE pokemon, would only successfully give you a baby LUGIA a small percentage of the time.

Lugia cannot breed in the games though. It’s not possible. The anime is not something to go off if you’re going to try using it for your arguments, considering Ash has been 10 years old for 20 years. 

It also isn’t a good excuse in general. By that logic we should make it so you can only have one GoN and one Thunder/Ice/Magma on our scrolls considering they’re all based off legendary Pokémon, of which there are meant to be only one each. 

I also don’t feel like “infinite GoN army” is a reasonable excuse at all. Kinda makes me feel like you aren’t taking it seriously. Hell, we all want infinite Golds and Prizes because they’re rare and cool, but that doesn’t mean making them basically common is a reasonable thing to do.

I’ll ask again. What are your reasonings for the Neutral affinities only making them breed true? Why Neutral? How would that work, what is the logic? How would it be beneficial to the site overall?

Edited by RealWilliamShakespeare

Only way this would work would be if GoN's had the same limits as Christmas and Valentines... You can only have so many Summoned ones, and however many bred ones as you want.

But then GoN's would also need to have ratios applied. And I get the sense that ratios would not be kind to anyone looking to breed them, since they're supposed to be hyper rare...

I support higher or unlimited amounts of summoned GoNs, but that's it's own suggestion. Just wanted to point it out to you since it might be a solution to your problem.

With bred ones... well; part of me is in favor of anything that allows more lineage possibilities. But from a lore perspective, other than a few minor nods to Lugia, they're a lot more like classical gods; big, very powerful, not many around, but they can hybridize with lesser creatures to produce demigods (the avatars). I guess GoN x GoN could breed true, but purely PB is boring, which defeats the point.

Soooooooo I'm mostly neutral.

I feel like Avatars would be kind of pointless if this suggestion happened. I don't much about DC lore, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that TJ intentionally made GoNs not breed true; they're supposed to be higher beings that can only be summoned by magic. So it wouldn't make sense for them to suddenly start producing new GoN eggs. And if we have bred GoNs, someone will inevitably ask for bred Sinomorphs as well. 

Also, I don't feel that wanting to build an army of a certain breed is a good enough reason for TJ to redesign part of the game. If you can add more to this idea, I might change my mind. Pokemon probably isn't the best reference, as Dragon Cave is very much separate.  The Pokemon character only inspired part of the GoN design.

So it's a no from me. Like ADP, I would be okay with raising the limit on summoned GoNs though.

I must admit, I'm not exactly in favor and would prefer a random avatar as the result of GoN x neutral dragon.

One Avatar to rule them all,

One Avatar to find them.

One Avatar to bring them all

And in the balance bind them. 

;) 

Edited by olympe

I thought the whole lore of Guardian of Natures is that they are god-like dragons, so they don't actually reproduce, and that the Avatars were a way to compromise with that? (Like gods having kids with mortals results in demigods, not other gods.)  

I like the idea of a Neutral Avatar though. 

The summon mechanic for GoN is part of the lore. Like calling down a god from above. It goes against the lore of the creatures to breed more gods. 

GoN's may be based on Lugia, but they are treated like gods in Dragon Cave.

I think TJ mentions something about it in his Lore thread somewhere. 

If you want to change this, you are going to have to change the lore behind this dragon, which probably should involve the artists in someway. 

2 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

I thought the whole lore of Guardian of Natures is that they are god-like dragons, so they don't actually reproduce, and that the Avatars were a way to compromise with that? (Like gods having kids with mortals results in demigods, not other gods.)  

I like the idea of a Neutral Avatar though

The summon mechanic for GoN is part of the lore. Like calling down a god from above. It goes against the lore of the creatures to breed more gods. 

GoN's may be based on Lugia, but they are treated like gods in Dragon Cave.

I think TJ mentions something about it in his Lore thread somewhere. 

If you want to change this, you are going to have to change the lore behind this dragon, which probably should involve the artists in someway. 

I'd rather not, it's what makes GoN's and the avatars so cool.

Maybe a neutral avatar could look the most like a GoN as a good replacement for lineage makers. Same *general* shape, colors, and pose so that it looks close enough to work in place of the GoN.

The fact that you have to summon GoNs is what makes them so special! It would be weird to have lots of little Lugias running around because you can breed them times infinity.... So, no to this suggestion.

The idea of the number cap for GoNs is a different, but there's a separate topic for that already.

17 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

I feel like Avatars would be kind of pointless if this suggestion happened. I don't much about DC lore, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that TJ intentionally made GoNs not breed true; they're supposed to be higher beings that can only be summoned by magic. So it wouldn't make sense for them to suddenly start producing new GoN eggs.

My thoughts exactly. A no from me.

A big no for me as it would go against its lore. I would however, like to see a neutral avatar. 

Throw me in the No pile too. GoNs are special, as stated previously in this thread many times. I understand though, your love for them is strong and you want to have a big army of nature guardians, which would be freakin' awesome! Yet sadly, there are a lot of reasons it just shouldn't be, and most of them already have been explained.