DarkEternity

Add three notifications regarding trade cancellation

Three cases currently don't result in any trade related notifications 

1:

Notify if the other person's trade autocancels due to their dragons hatching/growing up

2:

Notify if the other person cancels the trade

3:

Notify if the person accepts another user's offer, thus cancelling the trade

2 and 3 may be combined. 

Edited by DarkEternity

Yes. Effectively, notify whenever the trade on which you had offered got changed in any way.

Yes yes yes please! Honestly, if we already get notifications for multiple trade things (accepted offer, offer made) then it's logical that we should get notifications for *all* trade activity. And actually, I'd think it's *more* helpful to be notified that a trade you've offered on is canceled or no longer active, then to be notified that your offer has been accepted, which is something we currently do get notification of and yet it's something that's fairly obvious if you simply look at your scroll. 

Yes, please. I think notifications would be sooooooo much more helpful if they included all activity on a trade.

I'd be OK with "there is activity on your trades."

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I'd be OK with "there is activity on your trades."

Yeah. I can see the benefits of specific notifications for every type of trade activity, but if a generic 'there is activity' is more likely to actually get implemented, then sure! I just want to know when an offer gets declined (or whatever) without having to obsessively check every 5 minutes, I don't necessarily care exactly what the notification says.

Full support from me! I think more specific communication on trades would be much appreciated. There have been plenty of times when I was waiting for a response on a trade, but then nothing happened. It would be really nice to know if a trade got cancelled because the egg hatched/hatchling grown up, so I can search for something similar.

Bringing this back because it gets to be really aggravating when you have to think about checking if a trade is still pending or not... when people take more than a full day (24h+ counting) to do anything at all, you don't always think about ut. At first I could wait for a couple days without knowing that the trade I had offered something for was not active anymore... so yes, PLEASE, notify any change in a trade.

If you are saying that you simply want a generic notification that your trade offer was not accepted, then I support.

If you are saying you want notifications of the EXACT reason the trade wasn't accepted, then I don't support.  If your offer wasn't accepted, then it wasn't accepted.  I don't think knowing the reason why is going to fix things, especially since it's prohibited to try and re-connect with trade partners through the current trading hub, and detailed notifications could open up the original trader to harassment.

For example, I often put up ER hatchlings for trade.  I have no idea when they'll grow up.  Sometimes they grow up within 10 minutes of me putting them up, and before I had a chance to pick an offer.  If the offerers knew that the trade was cancelled because the hatchlings grew up, one of them might take revenge on me for being careless enough to offer hatchlings for trade in that situation.  I've had my scroll viewbombed by people whose offers I didn't accept, and I'd like to minimize chances for vengeful people to attack me again because they disagreed with my trading choices.

If people are concerned that their trade is languishing because the original trader hasn't been logging in to their scroll, perhaps there can be a button added to trades that says "I'm still considering" and that way all the offerers can be alerted that their trade has been seen, and the trader is still active and maybe they shouldn't cancel just yet.  Also, I wouldn't mind occasional reminders to check on my open trades.  If I get one offer on a trade, and it's an OK-ish offer, I might wait to see if anyone offers something better.  But if nobody does, then the notification bell doesn't go off again, and I might forget that I have open trades I need to check back on.  I feel badly about forgetting, but it's easy to forget they exist if there hasn't been any recent activity on them.

But if specific messages detailing why the trade was cancelled are sent out to offerers without my consent, I may give up trading entirely.

If the problem is fear of repercussions (because people can be petty and vindictive, and that's just sad), then ok, no need to be specific. Just something along the lines of : "Your offer on XXXXX is no longer valid/active".

Just something to let you know that your egg/hatch you offered is no longer in a trade, whatever the reason.

And while we're at it, it would be great to receive a notification when someone claims a One way transfer. No need to tell who gets it. Just "Someone claimed your egg/hatch!". 

7 hours ago, relaks said:

And while we're at it, it would be great to receive a notification when someone claims a One way transfer. No need to tell who gets it. Just "Someone claimed your egg/hatch!". 

Ohh yes! When I post one-ways I'm constantly refreshing my scroll to see if they've been taken yet. Especially if I've been hunting, I want to know when those one-ways are taken so I can hunt again.

And yeah, there's no need for specifics, just being notified that a trade is no longer active, or even just a generic 'there has been activity on a trade' thing. 

Support! I wouldn't mind generic notifications to prevent backlash as an alternative, as suggested above.

Support, for me it is important to have which trade is it. What was the code or alternative with who, sometimes I wonder if I am offering again the same thing for the same dragon to the same person that canceled earlier 😅