MIGOR

ANSWERED:4th GoN

I'd say drop the limit entirely. If you still want to keep them 'rare', make every subsequent summon more difficult (up to a certain set limit--we don't want to get ridiculous!). As always, more Trio pairs would make the chance slide up again.

But if we can't have unlimited, yes, at the very least give us 4. I was thinking about starting to freeze S1s for the first time and balked because, with a limit of 3 GoNs, my collection would be eternally incomplete--can't have a male, female, S2 AND S1. So 4 at the least would be good.

29 minutes ago, olympe said:

It totally depends on whether GoN summoning is based on fixed ratios (like a fixed 5% success chance) or on fluctuation ratios depending on the overall number of GoNs.

I think it's neither, since - as far as we are told - success depends on the number of trio sets you have. I don't think ratios are involved with these - only with the trios themselves.

39 minutes ago, MIGOR said:

I just wonder,,,do you make any checkers, starstep or spiral lines? But it is good at least one is aginst my idea. be well :)

I don't really work with GoNs, but I actually prefer checkers and/or even gen. I used to try something a while back: https://dragcave.net/lineage/qGJDA I also have a low-gen GoN/Avatar x Solstice checker going on. Trading for 2nd gens is not that hard, really.

That being said, if summoning success is somehow based on the overall number of GoNs of all players, I'm still against this, although I'd benefit more than a poor new player. I know this is a big if, and probably not very likely - but I still felt that it was prudent to point out the possibility. I can't say, on the one hand, that I'd like for Prizes to be distributed more evenly and with an eventual guarantee (=> market) and then try and throw others under the bus when it comes to GoNs.

I actually don't mind that they're limited, I might even say I like it. I think it's the only breed that makes us all kind of equal ^^

But I would like to see the limit raised, to an even number if possible. 4 would be minimum, 8 max. 

So I support the idea of raising the limit but not drop it altogether. 

At the least, I would love to see the limit raised to 4. It's not a huge game-breaking change from where we are now. I could also see it raised higher or removed for the reasons others have stated. But really, I think the small raise to four is just a good plan for everyone. (I personally hate the odd number, would love it to be even haha.)

The limit doesn't bother me, per say.  I have my three, one of each sprite.  (one adult, one gendered, one ungendered) but I wouldn't mind seeing the limits raised or done away with altogether.  At max, I'd only summon 2 more (to get the other gender adult and hatchling.)  but everyone's goals are different which is why lifting them makes more sense.  No matter how high you raise it, someone is going to come in say "but my goals are x higher number of each dragon."  And if some people want to bother with summoning whole armies, more power to them. 

I would love to have a 4th GoN (so I could have two males and two females). That would be nice for lineage building.

Iouldn't be opposed to more, either, but four would already make a big difference.

Support raising or removing limits. I have some lines I want to continue, but only have one of that gender to do so. Having another would allow me to try breeding twice as much.

Support, I would love to have each gender and 1 Ungendered/Gendered freezeling. Even pairs would also be great for breeders, of course.

Yes please! I like to have one adult of each gender, + all available hatchie sprites (in this case 1 S1 and 1 S2) for all dragon breeds, and with 3 GoNs I have to stick to one adult 😕

On 9/28/2018 at 9:44 AM, LadyLyzar said:

Considering how rare successful summoning is, I propose getting rid of GoN limits entirely.

However, I would be fine with raising the cap to 4 just to have an even number for lineage builders.

Totally support this as well!

8 hours ago, Aalbiel said:

Yes please! I like to have one adult of each gender, + all available hatchie sprites (in this case 1 S1 and 1 S2) for all dragon breeds, and with 3 GoNs I have to stick to one adult 😕

Same, just I used the 3 for a pair of adults and s1 - parents taking care of their youngest child (with lost progeny info), with its brother and sister stuck in the other world, it's frustrating as hell, it's not only a depressig story of a broken loving family, but also of a broken(incompletable) scroll irl.
Glad to see I'm actually not the only person longing for a full set of 5...

I opt for 5 at the extreme minimum(for minimal all gender sets), 6-8 (for more flexibility with adults and frozens and a 4th gen checker base possibility at least to those who don't care for frozens but care for more advanced self-sustained lineage building) at the more optimal, and unlimited at perfect because goals of all of us differ even a lot and I remember there are users who collect things in 10s. Right now it's the only breed that can't be obtained in more than a total of whatever number (all other limits are about CBs, not entire breed, and GoNs with their Summon are still unique if anyone really prioritises mere uniqness over in-game utility...).

If other players' total number of GoN's owned doesn't impact our own success chance, there's zero harm in removing the limit completely - just let people try to reach their perfect goals, whatever they are. Sure nobody would make an army of 1000 GoNs, not even 100 nor probably 50, but do hoarders even hoard more than a few breeds in general? I don't think it's possble to hoard a 1000 per breed anyway, I mean the game allows it, the lifetime doesn't ^^; , and that would be the case with the extreme GoN hoard goals, if anyone was even this insane to try - just let them try if they want and have fun with it if that's what's fun to them. I believe 99,99% of people wouldn't bother to obtain any more than 10 anyway, because extremelly low summon success rate, but why not simply gving everybody a choice here, GoNs will never be overpopulated with their Summon rates even if everyone suddently tried to hoard them....

I support raising or removing the limit as they are hard to obtain anyway. I still have only 2. 

I also support increasing or doing away with the limit. No yearly limit either, pls. That'd eff over anyone that isn't lucky enough to summon a GoN in a year. *like me, one year of summons, no GoNs at all*

The success rate is already pretty luck-based as is, beyond trio hoarding. Some people can summon one on try one. Some don't get a successful summon for years. Why limit something that is already troublesome to get as is? If somebody wants to hoard them, cool as long as all their success doesn't effect the summon ratio of anyone else. If there IS an impact on community summon ratio then...yeah, that's a different story. 100% against that.

Edited by animatedrose

I am all for having a 4th GoN for checkers and other pairings. Especially since the other summon-class dragon is limitless. 

This would be awesome! I'd love to have a chance at getting a second female GoN (already have two males) for making my own checkers.

On 9/28/2018 at 8:20 PM, olympe said:

Although I'd definitely welcome more GoNs on my scroll, I'm not sure this is a good idea. It totally depends on whether GoN summoning is based on fixed ratios (like a fixed 5% success chance) or on fluctuation ratios depending on the overall number of GoNs. Because if it's the latter, it could become a big problem for newer players, with the older players taking advantage of their huger armies of trios to summon more successfully than a newer player. This, I think, would be detrimental to the spirit of the game, as the situation would be similar to the prize situation (without the extremely high value behind GoN offspring).

If, however, there are merely fixed success ratios (that get improved with every set of trios you have), then I support this. (Although I already dread having to summon again...)

I would breed my trios loads and bombard newbies with them so they could build huge trio armies to summon. If we all did that... Problem solved.

I would love a 4th GON. My GON boy could have a brother and stop feeling outnumbered and outmanoeuvred. (Well maybe not outmanoeuvred but still, heh. XD)

I'd also love to be able to be able to breed my GONs with each other and get a random avatar from the breeding.

Edited by Cireth

12 hours ago, Cireth said:

I would breed my trios loads and bombard newbies with them so they could build huge trio armies to summon. If we all did that... Problem solved.

Actually, that would create a whole slew of new problems. Because there's something called "the ratios", it would get harder and harder to breed trios because the demand for them would skyrocket. We'd get a trio draught, and - since we long-time players already have our trio collections - it will mostly affect newer players who still need to catch up. 

Ah. Yes, I've been away for a while and I forgot about pesky ratios. Darn it.

I support upping the limit or removing it entirely, either is good! Although I, too, worry about the ratios; I think it is just a trio-based chance, but if it turns out the ratios affect GoNs, then I'd only support raising the limits, either to 6 or 12. (Gotta keep that '3' theme, but even numbers are good.)

If it were to be removed entirely, I'd say that the chances decrease after each 3 successful summons. That way, there's no advantage gap between players who already have their three and players who don't. Plus, it keeps the '3' theme with the Avatars. Perhaps the chances could stay at a 'fixed' (still trio-based) very low rate after, say, 9 summons (and not decrease further). I mean, if the chances halve each time, then even after 3 your chances go from 'lol good luck' to 'luckier than winning the Raffle', so I wouldn't worry too much about there being too many GoNs.

I like the idea of 6 possible GoN's (so you can get sprites for every gender and hatchling), but No limits is good too! 

I support either an increase of the limit to at least 6, or a complete removal only if there is no summoning ratio in play that might make it harder for new players to get them. Otherwise, I'm against removal.

One of my scroll goals is to have, at minimum, one sprite for each stage and gender of every breed where that's possible. With the current limit, I can't do that with GoNs, so I haven't even bothered to attempt to summon any more past the one I currently have. A limit of 6 would allow me and others who might have the same goal to get that (along with an extra). Plus, 6 is an even number that works nicely for lineage building for those who don't care about frozens (and it's divisible by 3 so it still fits with the whole 3 Avatars thing).

I'd be happiest with 4, honestly, but other limits suggested such as 6 or 9, why not I suppose. It would increase the possibilities (notably for sprite collecting) without going overboard.

Please no removing the limit though! The GoN is supposed to be a legendary dragon, and summoning it an infinite amount of times just doesn't fall in line with the lore, to me. It was never meant as a breed that can be hoarded. 

While I don't mind and actually like having a limit on GoN's (I think mostly Lore related, but not a specific reason I can point to), however, I would like an increased limit of 4. For example, if you have a Stair Lineage with all GoN's, and the ONE Gender Refuses (Because if they all become Adults, You only get 2 of one gender, 1 of other), then you are just stuck unless you want to release/kill off one of the ones you already summoned, which seems a bit extreme for some Breeding.