MIGOR

ANSWERED:4th GoN

Plz, so many lines with GoNs, but I (we) cant breed (continue) them every week or at least every 14 days, because we have only three Guardinas.

Be well and happy hunting :)

Igor

2 pairs, sounds reasonable :)

(or another freezie for those who want the gendered and the ungendered sprites of each breed)

Yes full support! I really want a 2nd female GoN so I can do 3g checkers of both genders, but the 3 GoN limit hinders me...

and yeah, a 4th would allow people to have an adult pair and both s1 and s2 freezies for a full 'family' if they wish

Suport but I actually suggest 6 GoN limit - a male&female per avatar type (3 Avatar types = 3 Gon pairs = 6 GoNs). Also allowing more room for freezing for those who do (e.g. 3 adults because 3 Avatars, ungendered hatchilng and male&female s2 hatchlings for full "family" or 4 Adults for 2 males and 2 females and a frozen s1 and a frozen s2). 

Edited by Meh

I don't think the avatar types should tie into this (also still waiting for an Avatar of Balance, kinda XD)

Considering how rare successful summoning is, I propose getting rid of GoN limits entirely.

However, I would be fine with raising the cap to 4 just to have an even number for lineage builders.

10 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I don't think the avatar types should tie into this (also still waiting for an Avatar of Balance, kinda XD)

Considering the limit was raised to 3 exactly because of Avatars, I'm convinced Avatar types DO tie into this.

I also wait for Avatar of Balance, and also for Avatar of Chaos/Unbalance to compliment. Which would also mean we need the limits rised again, to 5 at the very least.

I agree with LadyLyzar about no limits, summoning a GoN is rare enough ideed. Or just going for limit of 1 per year (either within the calendar year or simply 365 days) if there really must be any at all.

Edited by Meh

29 minutes ago, LadyLyzar said:

Considering how rare successful summoning is, I propose getting rid of GoN limits entirely.

However, I would be fine with raising the cap to 4 just to have an even number for lineage builders.

I support getting rid of limits too

32 minutes ago, LadyLyzar said:

Agree with this. As one who took 3 years to get her first...

31 minutes ago, Gluria said:

I vote 8 max. so I can go for my personal scroll goal of 8 CB (4pairs) of each :D

Ah, someone with the same scroll goals as I have! :) 

I would love to see the limit increased to 4 or 8 or even removed entirely.

The reason I have set these as my scroll goals is so that I can breed checkers up to 4th generation entirely with dragons from my own scroll. It would be nice to be able to do that with GoNs as well.

41 minutes ago, LadyLyzar said:

Agreed. I actually came into the thread to propose just that.

If that's not an option four would be better, I know it was raised to three for the sake of avatars but I don't think anyone is gonna cry if the trinity is broken.

I dunno why, but I really wasn’t expecting such widespread support for this??

4 sounds good to me. Something inside me makes me disagree with getting rid of the limit entirely, because it was put in place to avoid hoarding as they’re meant to be super cool and rare and one-of-a-kind.

But 4 for two breeding pairs sounds nice to me :)

Well, you can summon Sinos endlessly, which are also supposed to be somewhat super-special (except you cannot get Avatars from those).

Support. I also think getting rid of the limits entirely is a good idea; I don't really see why we have them in the first place, considering how difficult it is to summon them. 

Sure. I'd be happy with just being able to have 4 GoNs, so I could have two pairs of both genders. But I sure wouldn't object to the limits being removed entirely.

How about removing limits, but the chance of successfully summoning a GoN get lower and lower with each new one?

Let's say, 50 % success rate for the first one, then 40% for the 2nd, and then it stops at 10%.

This way everyone would get a GoN in a fairly short amount of time, and there would still be some chance in how many in how much time anyone could get.

1 minute ago, Gluria said:

How about removing limits, but the chance of successfully summoning a GoN get lower and lower with each new one?

Let's say, 50 % success rate for the first one, then 40% for the 2nd, and then it stops at 10%.

This way everyone would get a GoN in a fairly short amount of time, and there would still be some chance in how many in how much time anyone could get.

I immediately agree with this, but then the Summon ability as it is atm means that the more Trio members we have, the more successful the summon. This idea means they’d probably cancel each other out lol. The mechanics would have to be thought more upon but I’m terrible at maths lol

Nah. The number-of-GoNs-on-scroll modifier could just be multiplied with the number of sets of trios you have. You'd just need to collect more trios to overcome the disadvantage (or be content with the lower chance at some point). Like, for the 3rd GoN you'd need only half as many sets as for the fourth for a reasonably good chance, and so on.

I don't see a reason to keep the limit, personally. Summoning GoNs is ridiculously difficult at times, which seems like enough of a limiting factor alone. If the limit needs to stay, then I support raising it to a nice even number (ex. 4).

Although I'd definitely welcome more GoNs on my scroll, I'm not sure this is a good idea. It totally depends on whether GoN summoning is based on fixed ratios (like a fixed 5% success chance) or on fluctuation ratios depending on the overall number of GoNs. Because if it's the latter, it could become a big problem for newer players, with the older players taking advantage of their huger armies of trios to summon more successfully than a newer player. This, I think, would be detrimental to the spirit of the game, as the situation would be similar to the prize situation (without the extremely high value behind GoN offspring).

If, however, there are merely fixed success ratios (that get improved with every set of trios you have), then I support this. (Although I already dread having to summon again...)

8 minutes ago, olympe said:

Although I'd definitely welcome more GoNs on my scroll, I'm not sure this is a good idea. It totally depends on whether GoN summoning is based on fixed ratios (like a fixed 5% success chance) or on fluctuation ratios depending on the overall number of GoNs. Because if it's the latter, it could become a big problem for newer players, with the older players taking advantage of their huger armies of trios to summon more successfully than a newer player. This, I think, would be detrimental to the spirit of the game, as the situation would be similar to the prize situation (without the extremely high value behind GoN offspring).

If, however, there are merely fixed success ratios (that get improved with every set of trios you have), then I support this. (Although I already dread having to summon again...)

I just wonder,,,do you make any checkers, starstep or spiral lines? But it is good at least one is aginst my idea. be well :)