UnicornMaiden

BSA to influence breed

I just figure TJ will get excited about RATIOS.... :lol:  (I would love this too, don't get me wrong.)

If there's a way to do this without people trying to get 50 Golds from 50 breedings, I'm all for it.  I have too many Lunar Herald breeding projects that are stalled out because I'm getting an egg of what should be a comparably rare breed every time and they can only be bred once a month instead of weekly...  Not to mention my Celestial project that contains exactly one 2G Celestial so far, despite trying 15-20 pairs and Celestials being able to multi-clutch.  (And like the Heralds having a much longer breeding cooldown than regular dragons.)

On 10/25/2020 at 4:51 AM, sorenna said:

If there's a way to do this without people trying to get 50 Golds from 50 breedings, I'm all for it.

Eh, let them try. As long as the added chance is also ratio-based, the attempt alone won't do much harm. Look at how Gold's Market price has dropped since Market introduction, and people were so afraid the Market would hurt Gold ratios prior to the Market's implementation!

My own current pain points are things like trying to get

- a Black (300 shards) from Ultraviolet (not in Market),

- an Undine (200 shards) from Sunset (also not in Market),

- a red Dorsal (Dorsals are 100 shards) from Sunstone (also 100 shards) but I don't even get ANY Dorsal, let alone a red one! (this is a special code pair, so I get 1 attempt each week) ...

I am FED UP with getting Fevers from Firegems, at the moment.  But I suppose Firegems are more valuable. Even so...

11 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

- a red Dorsal (Dorsals are 100 shards) from Sunstone (also 100 shards) but I don't even get ANY Dorsal, let alone a red one! (this is a special code pair, so I get 1 attempt each week) ...

I realise that since it's a code pair this isn't an option, but in any other situation I'd recommend switching it up. Compare this with this (both progeny lists are from the same breeding era). Some pairs just don't like giving one kind of common, independent of the ratios.

Which is only more reason to have this BSA, really.

Support I've been trying to work on a lineage of Red x Crystalline but Crystallines are so much more common than Reds that I'm yet to get a single Red out of that pairing. I also wish there was a way to increase the chance of getting hybrids rather than decreasing them as suggested in the first post. I'm trying to work on getting hybrids from each possible combination of parents but I keep getting Nebulas and Ridgewings when I want Carinas

I don't understand why each dragon species doesn't have a range of percentages up to 50 for successful breeding. So a Gold might have 20% egg, 30% no egg. And a Red might have a 45% egg, 5% no egg. So when you breed them, you have a 20% chance of breeding gold, 45% chance of breeding Red, and 35% chance of getting no egg. Not based on ratios in-cave, just based off of the breed and rarity.

That way if you're breeding commons, it'll be pretty much 45/45/10 for breed1/breed2/no egg. 

For alts or different subspecies (like Xenowyrms), after the parent species is decided, you could then do a roll for alts or subspecies. You can weigh the chances however you like.

This BSA could double the chance of the parent breed producing an egg up to 50% (so a Gold would end up with 40% chance of producing an egg with the BSA, 10% of not producing).

Edited by High Lord November