UnicornMaiden

BSA to influence breed

I just figure TJ will get excited about RATIOS.... :lol:  (I would love this too, don't get me wrong.)

If there's a way to do this without people trying to get 50 Golds from 50 breedings, I'm all for it.  I have too many Lunar Herald breeding projects that are stalled out because I'm getting an egg of what should be a comparably rare breed every time and they can only be bred once a month instead of weekly...  Not to mention my Celestial project that contains exactly one 2G Celestial so far, despite trying 15-20 pairs and Celestials being able to multi-clutch.  (And like the Heralds having a much longer breeding cooldown than regular dragons.)

On 10/25/2020 at 4:51 AM, sorenna said:

If there's a way to do this without people trying to get 50 Golds from 50 breedings, I'm all for it.

Eh, let them try. As long as the added chance is also ratio-based, the attempt alone won't do much harm. Look at how Gold's Market price has dropped since Market introduction, and people were so afraid the Market would hurt Gold ratios prior to the Market's implementation!

My own current pain points are things like trying to get

- a Black (300 shards) from Ultraviolet (not in Market),

- an Undine (200 shards) from Sunset (also not in Market),

- a red Dorsal (Dorsals are 100 shards) from Sunstone (also 100 shards) but I don't even get ANY Dorsal, let alone a red one! (this is a special code pair, so I get 1 attempt each week) ...

I am FED UP with getting Fevers from Firegems, at the moment.  But I suppose Firegems are more valuable. Even so...

11 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

- a red Dorsal (Dorsals are 100 shards) from Sunstone (also 100 shards) but I don't even get ANY Dorsal, let alone a red one! (this is a special code pair, so I get 1 attempt each week) ...

I realise that since it's a code pair this isn't an option, but in any other situation I'd recommend switching it up. Compare this with this (both progeny lists are from the same breeding era). Some pairs just don't like giving one kind of common, independent of the ratios.

Which is only more reason to have this BSA, really.

Support I've been trying to work on a lineage of Red x Crystalline but Crystallines are so much more common than Reds that I'm yet to get a single Red out of that pairing. I also wish there was a way to increase the chance of getting hybrids rather than decreasing them as suggested in the first post. I'm trying to work on getting hybrids from each possible combination of parents but I keep getting Nebulas and Ridgewings when I want Carinas

I don't understand why each dragon species doesn't have a range of percentages up to 50 for successful breeding. So a Gold might have 20% egg, 30% no egg. And a Red might have a 45% egg, 5% no egg. So when you breed them, you have a 20% chance of breeding gold, 45% chance of breeding Red, and 35% chance of getting no egg. Not based on ratios in-cave, just based off of the breed and rarity.

That way if you're breeding commons, it'll be pretty much 45/45/10 for breed1/breed2/no egg. 

For alts or different subspecies (like Xenowyrms), after the parent species is decided, you could then do a roll for alts or subspecies. You can weigh the chances however you like.

This BSA could double the chance of the parent breed producing an egg up to 50% (so a Gold would end up with 40% chance of producing an egg with the BSA, 10% of not producing).

Edited by High Lord November

Currently working on a lineage with sky striders and aether wyverns, I finally started getting the aethers. But it's been taking 10 or so breedings to get just one aether. Anything that would help even that out just a little would be welcome.

Idk if someone already mentioned this, but I feel like we may not even need a *new* BSA for this. It's always been in my head that fertility should make the affected parent more likely to pass on its breed. If possible, maybe we can just tweak fertility mechanics to serve this purpose?

Fertility already does a lot. It increases the chance of an egg. It decreases the chance of refusal for new pairs. Now it can be used to produce the new Nilia alt. And as such a high-demand BSA it has a long cooldown. I feel like if it had even more to do it would be too OP.

Besides, if you wanted to create an alt Nilia with one Nilia parent and one parent of another breed you wouldn't be able to use the BSA for two purposes at once.

50 minutes ago, UnicornMaiden said:

Fertility already does a lot. It increases the chance of an egg. It decreases the chance of refusal for new pairs. Now it can be used to produce the new Nilia alt. And as such a high-demand BSA it has a long cooldown. I feel like if it had even more to do it would be too OP.

Besides, if you wanted to create an alt Nilia with one Nilia parent and one parent of another breed you wouldn't be able to use the BSA for two purposes at once.

Has anyone actually managed an alt nilla with different parents?. I only saw purebreds in the news thread. 

I would just like something that enables better luck than I have been having with my CB prize Awdzy.

20 breedings with Venturis gave me 20 Venturis eggs, no prize. Can there not be a minimum success with the other breed, like 1/5 successful pairings would be the less common parent? At this point, 1/10 or even 1/20 would be better than what I've gotten.

Spoiler

image.png.b3265947a14cdfda6c9e39a61047395f.png

Edited by Awdz Bodkins

Not throwing off the breed ratios:

this part is easy!

make the system treat the other parent as the desired breed and think it's a PB pairing. Solved.

Purebreeding 2 Golds rarely produces eggs. So it works.

So if you use the BSA to prioritise Golds, you will still get only a few Golds from it in a year (as few as if you bred that Gold to another Gold) but it's still a better chance than without it because the other breed doesn't compete anymore. 

On 6/28/2021 at 5:39 AM, Meh said:

this part is easy!

make the system treat the other parent as the desired breed and think it's a PB pairing. Solved.

So if you use the BSA to prioritise Golds, you will still get only a few Golds from it in a year (as few as if you bred that Gold to another Gold) but it's still a better chance than without it because the other breed doesn't compete anymore. 

This is a good idea. I breed my prize to holidays and there's a 100% chance of any egg they produce being a prize. This does mean that I get fewer eggs from my prize overall, but then I'm not locked with prizekins I don't want.

Same concept, easy application. 

Support! 

and for hybrids - i suggest that bsa for both parents implies higher % for hybrid.

and suggest another BSA name: Favor - becouse of your "favoring"  (i feel like word "prefer" not fit) to one breed over other :P

and breed: Kovos dragon - becouse it resemble to reality stone which can change reality, and by this bsa you try eng up in reality with your "favored" breed

Support!

To mitigate the "no egg" thing, it could have the breed it's used on replace some of the "no egg" outcome chances with success for that breed? It would still need to vary how much of that it overtakes with breed rarity to stop the ratios from keeling over, but I think that adjusting it against the Market prices is still a solid idea.

Support, I cant see why not?

As long as its balanced for rares, I think that it would be more beneficial for common/uncommon lines. Sometimes the ratios are mad and it takes forever!

I really like the ratio suggestion that goes with this, I think it's a great idea. Besides... I love me some BSA's lol

Support, I sometimes spin days looking for a particular dragon only to get frustrated and to have another way to get the dragon would be great and very helpful indeed.

Edited by Katann

On 8/12/2022 at 2:58 PM, UnicornMaiden said:

Bump. I have checkers that I've been working on for months trying to get the parents to produce the right breed.

I've been hunting some Gold from a Gold x common pairings for 10 years.
Most notably, a 2gen Gold from a Spotted Greenwing is much rarer then a CB Gold itself.
This BSA suggestions has my enthusiastic 100% backing!

Edited by Scrac

On 6/28/2021 at 4:39 AM, Biel said:

this part is easy!

This feels like a solid way to balance it.

Sometimes it's more annoying to get the wrong breed than nothing, so I'd make heavy use of something like this even if it didn't make a major boost to the odds of me getting the dragon I was going for.