UnicornMaiden

BSA to influence breed

On 9/18/2019 at 9:22 PM, Shadowdrake said:

At this point I don't care how it's implemented, I just want some way to influence the result I want to get whether it's increasing one breed or decreasing the other. It's frustrating being one dragon away from finalizing a lineage and the necessary pairs refuse to produce the more common dragon, giving the uncommon one instead. Really, the second-to-last generation bottleneck is painful.

Yes, for the purpose of lineages I've found this frustrating as well. I actually got so angry at my Ices refusing to breed that I scrapped the project and started over making it a PB common lineage. That's on me, but after a year of breeding attempts of Ice with Vine, and getting Vine every. single. time. I was broken. I would love this BSA to exist to aid in lineage making and make it a little less frustrating.

That said, I don't see any other purpose for this BSA except for those who make lineages. I selfishly support this lol.

Well - legendary x common is always going to be more likely to produce the common, no matter which way you jump. Now, blue banded and moonstone REALLY shouldn't be an issue !

I would love to have a BSA like this, as I have recently started making my own lineages, it took me over 2 months to get this Aether dragon to breed for my lineage cause it kept breeding the other half of the lineage and giving me Aeria eggs. It was so frustrating, and for some reason I told myself if I used my fertility on the Aether it will definitely help breed the Aether egg (I know that is not how it worked but I was telling myself such so I wouldn't get to angry lol) 

I would agree that it should be kept to commons / uncommons - and off limits to metals and prizes and such. 

On 9/28/2018 at 8:44 AM, UnicornMaiden said:

How it would affect hybrid breeds:

Use of this BSA would decrease your chance of getting a hybrid from two non-hybrids. If you use it on a White and breed to a Daydream then the resulting egg would be more likely to be a White than either a Daydream or a Soulpeace.

When used on a hybrid it would work the same as a non-hybrid. If you use it on a Soulpeace and breed to anything else then the egg will be more likely to be a Soulpeace.

I was just re-reading this and thought that there could be a way to "influence" for a hybrid from non-hybrid parents - by using this BSA on *both* parents. So, you want to breed a Soulpeace from White x Daydream. In order to increase your chances for a Soulpeace egg, you'd need to use the BSA on both the White and the Daydream.

Makes sense?

Reminder that time-based dragons like lunar heralds exist, which can breed their "correct" color twice every 28 days (half the breeding chances of any other dragon), and seasonals, which can breed the "correct" season for only 3 months (1/4 the chances of any other dragon). Having this available would help lessen the frustration of getting the wrong result during their limited breeding availability.

https://dragcave.net/progeny/wmdwk mathematically, if you look at this progeny, there's 36 kids before I stopped breeding, all scripts. That is a minimum of 36 weeks of the non-script mates being on cool down after having bred a script. If we take just non-celestials that is still at minimum 19 weeks of pure scripts: one season is about 17 weeks, so that would at minimum delay any sort of seasonal lineage for at least another year, possibly more. This isn't even counting lack of interest or no egg results.

Edited by Shadowdrake