Oleler

ANSWERED:About Siyats

hello,

i'm not sure if this is the right place to ask (apologies if it isn't) but i'm having trouble with siyat eggs and need some help. i read that when the egg hatches at a certain time, it will be a certain color. well i've been trying to get a green one but they always get either sick way too soon or never gain enough views to hatch in time. my latest cb find died because of sickness, and it really annoys me since they're really hard to find from cave or in trades for reasonable offers. how or when am i supposed to get views on the egg so it won't die? also, was there a way to revive dead eggs? there's been so many dragons appearing since my break, so i'm not sure if some dragon has such ability. thank you in advance.

Incubate and hatch normally to get the greens. A dragon at 5 days natural/4 days incubated will hatch as a green.

Edited by DarkEternity

You need to incubate the egg  for a green one but you still have two full days to get the views you need. I wait until the eggs are almost 24 hours old before posting them and then throw them in 3 or 4 hatcheries and I almost never have any trouble. I use AoND, Silvi's, Valley Sherwood and Evina's Draghatch.

Dead eggs still cannot be revived.

To help prevent sickness, don't put the dragon anywhere to get views until it's at 6 days or less. Eggs with over 6 days left are much more prone to sickness.

6 minutes ago, Fishkeeper said:

To help prevent sickness, don't put the dragon anywhere to get views until it's at 6 days or less. Eggs with over 6 days left are much more prone to sickness.

That advice won't work if you incubate an egg right away. Sickness doesn't care about time left, it cares only about age. An incubated egg at 6 days is just as vulnerable as a non-incubated egg at 7 days.

Better phrase it like purplehaze did: Don't put eggs anywhere until they are 24 hours or 1 day old.

I incubate and throw the egginto valley sherwood.  don't need to wait a day or anything. never had sickness.

I always put my eggs in Valley Sherwood. Sometimes I'll wait if the view bombers are attacking, but most of the time I have no trouble with it. This is pretty much what I did to hatch out a pair of Green Siyats. I put them in VS & they gained enough views to make them incuhatable at 5 days (I used incubate to knock a day off). It's pretty much what I do with all my eggs. I also make sure to ward my eggs when trying to hatch them early, just to help keep them from getting sick. Anyways, if they don't hatch right away, maybe the hole isn't big enough or there's just a crack in the egg at 5 days, I'll slowly add them to Hatching club, Allure of Neglected Dragons, Silvi's Lair. If I need them in a hurry to hatch, I'll also add them to Evina's low time viewer only. They generally hatch just fine after that. :D

To get a Blue Siyat, I left them in Valley Sherwood, adding them to other sites if needed & they all hatched normally at 4 days. Purples were the hardest for me, as I kept them fogged until they were 1 day 23 hours & then warded, before ERing them.

Good luck! :D

At less than 2 days, they won't get sick anymore (only Sunrise eggs can get sick at that age without hatching).

For purples, I give them stats as if I'd want to hatch them as blues, but fog them as soon as they have a big hole in them (OR when they reach 4d 1h - whichever happens first). That way, after unfogging, they won't need ages to hatch anymore.

20 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

At less than 2 days, they won't get sick anymore (only Sunrise eggs can get sick at that age without hatching).

Not technically accurate; some of the more stubborn eggs like zyus and prizes can get sick while ER before they hatch.

3 hours ago, Niomedes said:

Not technically accurate; some of the more stubborn eggs like zyus and prizes can get sick while ER before they hatch.

You have to remember that being ER is already considered at 3d 23h by hatcheries. Even Zyus and Prizes won't get sick anymore below 3d 12h.

I wish I could show you where that happened with a tin I got recently. They CAN :) It may be rare, but still.

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

You have to remember that being ER is already considered at 3d 23h by hatcheries. Even Zyus and Prizes won't get sick anymore below 3d 12h.

I've definitely had things that got sick that old.  However, when an er gets sick it is generally safe to let them hatch then fog them for awhile because they will hatch before the sickness kills them.

On 9/27/2018 at 9:02 AM, Oleler said:

well i've been trying to get a green one but they always get either sick way too soon or never gain enough views to hatch in time.

Not sure if you knew this yet, but no egg can hatch before its at 4 days. So that's why it never worked.

That's why we have to incubate, so the natural time is still 5 days but the time on the egg is 4. Good luck! :)

5 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I wish I could show you where that happened with a tin I got recently. They CAN :) It may be rare, but still.

Screenshot. Make one next time it happens, because I won't believe it before I actually see it. Countdown 2 days or less AND the sickness message ;)