Zeditha

Make Market egg images lead to Encyclopedia pages

What the title says. I made a short post in the Market Feedback thread, but that is now closed.

(Also - help has 'Tiny Little Questions'; could this section have a 'Tiny Little Suggestions' thread for small things like this that don't *really* deserve their own thread but there's nowhere else really to put them?)

Anyway, the idea is that the egg images shown in the Market should link to that breed's Encyclopedia entry. I thought they did until I went to click them.

It would be handy for viewing information about breeds you might be thinking of buying.

This should include not-yet-unlocked breeds, so that you can see how many more dragons you need to view to unlock it.

Edited by Zeditha

I agree with that idea.

(with both, actually, Market and TLS thread)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I'd highly prefer it to lead to egg's lineage page instead. I still keep on clicking them to see the lineage but I'm led to trade link instead, I just can't get used to it, it makes little sense and lineage page would be the most intuitive thing.

Edited by Meh

27 minutes ago, Meh said:

I'd highly prefer it to lead to egg's lineage page instead. I still keep on clicking them to see the lineage but I'm led to trade link instead, I just can't get used to it, it makes little sense and lineage page would be the most intuitive thing.

I think you are mistaking the Market with the Trading Hub. This suggestion is about eggs you can get from the Market, not from another player.

I like this idea. But I thought that not-yet-unlocked breeds don't show up at all. Or is that part of your suggestion? I don't have any breeds that aren't already unlocked, so I can't check to see.

11 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I like this idea. But I thought that not-yet-unlocked breeds don't show up at all. Or is that part of your suggestion? I don't have any breeds that aren't already unlocked, so I can't check to see.

This is what it looks like with not-yet-unlocked breeds:

Thanks @Ruby Eyes. So you do see the image. Then I agree that that should also link to the encyclopedia page.

Good idea for the Market suggestion!

I'm not sold on the TLS thread, I feel like things would just get drowned out really quick and it would just work against the suggestions put in there.

On 10/7/2018 at 12:48 PM, Aalbiel said:

Good idea for the Market suggestion!

I'm not sold on the TLS thread, I feel like things would just get drowned out really quick and it would just work against the suggestions put in there.

True, but I feel out-of-place posting an entire thread for a one-sentence suggestion, and I wouldn't be surprised if other people were put off from posting their thought at all because of it. Perhaps if the thread was *only* for posting the suggestions, and not thoughts on them, then new threads could be created if it's felt necessary and the TLS thread wouldn't get too clogged?

That seems better in terms of not sinking suggestions behind pages of comments, but in that case - who would decide if it's "felt necessary" to create a topic on this suggestion? Somewhere I think it needs to become obvious whether there is community support for a certain suggestion or not. The only way I can think of doing this without comments is an upvoting/downvoting system for the suggestions in TLS, but I don't know if forums would support this feature.