BlueLatios

Unbreedable's Code Raffles [Closed]

Let's have a bit of fun!

This is a small game where I will randomly open a raffle whenever I want to :v

Also, I just want to give out free stuff (yes, you heard/saw that right, absolutely free stuff!) ^_^

Current raffle state: Closed

The rules are simple for the game:

• Whenever I announce in a post to open the raffle, then it begins!
  • To join, simply post 3 5-character codes and guess what kind of code will the egg that I catch be, as similar as possible. (From now on, any codes that are not 5 characters will not be counted)
  • The raffle ends once I have successfully caught any one Unbreedable egg.
  • You may edit your guesses before I announce the end of raffle. Posts that are known to be edited after the raffle closes are not counted as eligible to win.
  • The guess code with the highest points wins the raffle! I will send a one-way link after the 5-hours cooldown. Try not to be egglocked at that time! (I'll hold it for a maximum of 18 hours)
  • You may do anything with the win egg, I won't specify any rules for that :v

There's a tiny chance that the 2 guess codes posted are the same, please use Ctrl + F or Find feature if you're unsure, only the first guess is eligible to win.

(Terminology: character = letter or number)

Very simple, right? Now the hard part is the 2nd rule, what factors determine similarity of code. I decided to use "special distance".

I won't bother people to read the difficult stuff, but I'll still put it here.

Spoiler

Special distance is the relative distance from a character to another if the letters or numbers are put in order on a circle.

For example: The special distance from 'B' to 'c' is 1, from 'g' to 'd' is 3, from 'a' to 'z' is 1 (in a circle, A comes after Z). Same for numbers, special distance from '5' to '7' is 2, and '9' to '2' is 3.

Special distance between letters and numbers and vice versa is 0 (not counted).

I'll do the math with points, for each position 1 to 5 in code:

• Correct character = 7 points
  • Special distance of 1 = 4 points
  • Special distance of 2 or 3 = 2 points
  • Special distance of more than 3 = 1 point.
  • If it's a letter and with correct case (uppercase or lowercase), bonus 1 point.
  • Special (consolation) bonus 3 points for letter and number pair match:
    • A - 4
    • G - 6
    • g - 9
    • I or l (lowercase L) - 1
    • O or o - 0
    • S or s - 5
    • B - 8
    • Z or z - 2
    • E - 3
    • T - 7

So for example, if you guess AbCD3, and the egg that I got has code P8adE:

• A and P have special distance of 11, but correct casing gives 2 points
  • b and 8 are letter and number, 0 points
  • C and a have special distance of 2, 2 points
  • D and d, 7 points
  • 3 and E, special pair, bonus 3 points

Total points for that guess: 14 points.

Now, if it's a tie, which I have just realised that it may happen, it's decided on whether they get amount of letters and numbers correctly.

Example: egg code is A1B2C

Then H355P (8 points) will win against 012mi (also 8 points)

And if it's still a tie, then the total special distance of the characters in code are counted, the code with the least special distance wins.

And if, by all the probability in the universe, that it's still a tie, then I'll let the one who posted first win.

Good luck!

Tag List:

@Zeditha

@Syiren

@StormBirdRising

@RandomBreeder

@Kurokosworth

@animatedrose

@Din85

Please let me know if this is fair enough or if you guys have other suggestions for the system, that's what I can think of for now!

Edited by BlueLatios

For now, I hid my scroll because I coincidentally have a Stegosaurus stenops on my scroll to give away. Let's just pretend that I'm hunting for now :v

I'll close the raffle in around 3 hours.

Let the guessing begin! (And hopefully, see if this kind of small game is fun enough)

Yep, literally any code! Unless you're the type of person who would analyse the probablility of winning and chooses the codes that are most likely to win

1 minute ago, StormBirdRising said:

Okay, that's my guess then 7a8b3. :) 

You're free to add 2 more to make that 3 guesses :v

13 minutes ago, BlueLatios said:

You're free to add 2 more to make that 3 guesses :v

Okay, so there is 7a8b3....................CJC99........................and awt8e  🍀👍

I'll guess J0994, 58tSe, and 6g6Rg

This should be fun. Never paid much attention to codes before. Maybe I'll learn a few things here? :/

LOL I LOVE this idea, Very Super Cool and very interesting idea!! If you want to make a larger announcement any time this is open like I or others do with Events Go For It!!! Is this ongoing and people need to tune in for openings or do you announce? Lemme know some basics so I can add it to the calendar and may I strongly suggest making it very clear to others you want them to SHARE this info, maybe even get a basic thread banner made so we can do word of mouth, post in Player Activities Thread, use your own Sig and others, etc.!!!!

And I'll close the raffle for now!

44 minutes ago, Natayah said:

Is this ongoing and people need to tune in for openings or do you announce? Lemme know some basics so I can add it to the calendar and may I strongly suggest making it very clear to others you want them to SHARE this info, maybe even get a basic thread banner made so we can do word of mouth, post in Player Activities Thread, use your own Sig and others, etc.!!!!

Now that I think about it, maybe I'll host this event weekly, around Fridays or Saturdays, since I have more time to do cave hunting.

Also, any suggestions regarding banners and stuff? I'll try to keep up, step by step ^_^

Here's the Red Dino's code: gOuod

Correct me if I made a mistake, did a little bit of math myself,

awt8e won with 13 points!

2ksnq and 58tSe are both at 11 points.

@StormBirdRising guess adding a clover after that code works! Sending you a link :)

I realised that if I announce the start of the raffle when I want to hunt, I may get very lucky and get one in cave within an hour, so only a few will participate.

Therefore, I'm going to start the second raffle before I sleep, so that more people can enter.

Have fun random-guessing the next Unbreedable code :D

The raffle is now open!

Edited by BlueLatios

Ooh, this is neat! Just any five characters?

5t5t5

7722b

Dirty

16 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

Ooh, this is neat! Just any five characters?

5t5t5

7722b

Dirty

Yep, any 5 characters!

Because even I won't know what the code will be when I get the egg XD

Finally, after mostly just missing or not getting anything in cave, I got an unbreedable!

*closes the raffle*

Still busy, but I'll do the math and announce the winner later.

Prize: Diplodocus carnegii (l3zAP)

Edited by BlueLatios
Did not edit my post, double posted. Sorry ^_^'

Here's what I got with the current system (help me double check, I have not written a program to auto-check the codes yet XD )

Highest points code for each participant:

R1d93 - 5 points

1a2B3 - 11 points

z6flQ - 11 points

MicAH - 17 points

7722b and Dirty - 5 points

a2t5x - 9 points

@animatedrose got lucky on the 4th letter correctly, congratulations! Just wait for the egg to go off cooldown and I'll send a link :)