Natayah

SCRUB (Undo Prior BSAs) Like Teleport

I do not have a lot riding on this. I am only proposing this as I've posted it twice in Other Threads. Mostly to fix Influencing on accident or did not take (only as an alternative if TJ DOES NOT want to let us reinfluence eggs a second time with no other costs)

I chose the name SCRUB BSA FOR EGGS ONLY NOT HATCHLINGS Because that is the best word I could think of besides Undo or Dispel Magic as there is not magic involved generally, just dragon innate breed skills. Other suggestions of words are fine. This also, if I did not make this clear, does not fix dead eggs, dead hatchlings, or zombie hatchlings, including Vampire Bitten and/or Quaked Eggs/Hatchlings. If teleport undoes it, then that is what it covers. Nothing else. Unless TJ is magically inspired to add something else if he does it.

So it would eliminate ONLY BSAs eliminated via a trade or bounce teleport(s). Basically anything teleport would normally erase, whether done as a normal trade, or as someone specifically doing a trade to and fro (also referred to more commonly as "Bouncing") as a way to "erase and/or undo" all prior BSA applications.

Again, I am not saying this is the BEST answer or the ONLY answer, I'm throwing it out there for TJ to decide if he feels like it. I Don't even have a dragon picked out. You are welcome to make suggestions. I only propose this idea because if TJ likes the idea in general, he may feel there should be a price, and that price would be having to reInfluence, reIncubate, rePreCog to Confirm your Re-Influence, etc.

If you add the following types of comments to this Thread, you are in violation of the concept of this suggestion, And I will be very not nice.

1. We don't care to hear ANY COMMENTS involving you wanting to complain about how it is unfair you don't have enough or need to get more BSAs or have to hit social gathering spots like the Forums for assistance to be able to do this. It is a game, games are challenging and if you are willing to just reach out people will help you so much here. If you feel that is too much work or unfair older players had It much harder and I am not going to have that argument derail stuff.

2 If you like another idea better, go post in their thread. I may post related ideas in this post later so you CAN reference the ideas and post a link for others to find until I do update that.

3.Feel free to make suggestions related to dragons, names, tweaks, etc. It needs to be related to this idea, not other ideas.

4. Again I am OK with TJ choosing or you preferring what you feel are better or easier options. Go show your support where TJ CAN SEE IT!! Or nothing happening. This is literally my counter option and I'm not deeply invested. Take grains of salt.

Edited by Natayah

Never mind. Misunderstood your idea !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

8 hours ago, Natayah said:

I Don't even have a dragon picked out.

Lumina seems like the scrubbiest dragon I know :lol:

Or Cassares, due to their anti-magic aura.

Another option would be one dragon to undo one BSA. For example, another pink could undo an influence of the opposing gender. Waters (or other water-based breeds, or even cold-related breeds) could undo an incubate by cooling the egg down. (Water is great for cooling...) I don't think you'd be able to undo a precognition. Once you know, you know - and the gender you find out is not fixed due to precognition being used. (Although the BSA "brain bleach" sound kind of cool, too.) Teleports can easily be cancelled, killings (of eggs) can't be undone anyway, and biting - I don't know if this should be possible, to be honest.

I can see this being so useful for neglecteds (we're allowed to talk about them now, right?) .  No need to ask others to catch.  Not sure if that's something TJ wants though.

How could you ever undo a precog anyway? It is 100% and is a matter of actual fact - just information.

On 9/24/2018 at 1:07 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

How could you ever undo a precog anyway? It is 100% and is a matter of actual fact - just information.

First, yes you can discuss whatever you want, I just specifically wanted to be clear this was an option and if you had another preference, just link it and go support it. Of Course Precog Can be Undone. Because if an egg is Teleported, whether done as a Trade, Gift, or a Teleport To & Fro Between One Player to Another & Back, it deletes all prior "influence" as long as the Egg is still an Egg. I mean if it hatches, obviously it is going to be whatever Gender it hatched just like Precog said. However, if you place an egg in a teleport, and then send it to XXX person, if you Influenced an egg, and that Influences was successful, the Precognition **AFTER** the Influence will confirm the egg is set to your gender preference (I mean, you can use Precog *BEFORE* you use Influence, but the way I see most people use it is if the egg can still be Influenced and there are Pinks available, you Influence, Then Precog. If there is not enough time to Influence, then you just Precog. It rarely makes much sense to Precog an Egg, find out it is naturally set the way you DO NOT want it to gender, THEN gender it via Influence, then use Precog *AGAIN* to see if that influence took. You basically waste an extra BSA that way. Again, I can see that for Dragons under the time of not being able to be Hatched, or if someone is out or just about out of Pinks and has plenty of Aeons, but generally that is not the case.

So if you Influence an Egg, and you check to make sure the Influence either worked (or the egg was already set to be that gender), You then use Precog. But there is a chance the Influence didn't work, and the egg is still set to be the gender you do *NOT* want. This is where what is referred to as "bouncing" comes in (Sending an egg, again, egg only, not hatchling) back and forth between two users so the prior BSA applications are basically "scrubbed or erased" (as can also be happen via normal One Way or Two Way Teleports, Such as used when Gifting and/or Trading). If someone Precogs an egg that you accept in a trade and tells you it will be Male, but you want it to be female, you can still influence it, then you have to Precog it on your own to see if your Influence overrode their original readings from the Aeons. Influence can constantly change and update and sometimes misses what gender the egg is now "set to hatch as". So, as long as the original Influence and Precog and other BSAs (like Incubate) have been "erased or scrubbed clean" and you are basically starting from scratch with a just like brand new fresh egg, you would have to use your own Personal BSAs to do whatever it is you want to do, regardless of what the prior user did. This is the same when you pick up abandoned eggs in the AP. That's why we can't just mass grab eggs from the AP, all BSA Incubate them and throw them back into the AP to "help lower the AP time for other people." Also the same as when someone picks up an abandoned egg from the AP. Whatever happened beforehand is gone from that egg and that egg is brand new and fresh and shiny at least on your scroll and in your hands.  Since most people aren't going to toss an egg into the AP to "fix" what they feel is not what they want from that egg (we are so picky!!) they use teleports instead.

So while there are other options for this, I can see TJ also saying "The idea isn't bad, however, I still think people should have to re-use new BSA's all over again as if they had gotten the egg brand new and fresh from receiving it via someone else or grabbing it out of the AP. This BSA would simply Scrub and/or Erase the prior BSA actions (again, ALIVE EGGS ONLY - NOT HATCHLINGS, Not Dead Eggs, Not Dead Hatchlings or Adult Dragons) as not to force people to use teleports because some people don't use the forums, may not speak English well, want to be able to play the game by themselves, has anxiety or other issues and is afraid or doesn't want to have to ask for help to perform this action, doesn't know anyone they can trust to actually return the egg once it is received (if they are a new player, and they suddenly randomly managed to click on a CB Gold or something they felt was really valuable, I can totally understand that being a real concern).

I don't necessarily think this issue is the end all be all, but I agree there is sound reasoning to be able to Re-Influence, and possibly even just set the egg back to "Zero or The Beginning" again, and re-do whatever it was you were trying to do (usually gendering it is the only thing that I can think of, but if this would also make the issue of creating NDs "easier" for people, I can see that might be a reason *NOT* to have a reset button, from an Admin perspective), this is the answer that I came up with that was a bit different than some of the others. It is literally a potential alternative to what some may consider something that needs to be considered for a future "fix" via a potential BSA action. So that is why this idea exists so I don't end up throwing around a totally unrelated idea in other threads that have a very specific other way of potentially doing this.

I know that isn't an exactly exciting and compelling and amazing reason to want to create a BSA, but I felt it warranted a review, and this is the idea that came to me. Thus I created a thread. So I feel my work here is mostly done and this serves as a reference point should someone go Oh that is just so amazing, I think we should do that, or maybe this issue is something we should look at, but I like one of the other ideas in the other threads presented better. Either way it fixes the issue and now we have a new BSA, a new reason to collect more of this dragon, and this will likely make a variety of people happy to have this tool at their disposal, and others may not care at all. Maybe there is a mystical dragon in the works that can bend space and time or erase memories or something and someone thinks this BSA is a cool action to add on to that concept. I don't know. But as the person who opened my mouth about the idea, I do feel obligated to at least have presented it somewhere.

There is no great heroic music playing, but it was an idea, and I posted it. I hope that better clarifies and/or answers some questions, and why I can see from an Admin standpoint that while the idea to just let people Re-Influence an egg again and again, or a limited number of times is something they wish to bestow upon the players (which is totally just as great of an idea and I would fully support, no shade or disagreement there, I think it is an idea with pursuing!) I can also see an admin saying "Ehhh... Ok, I can see that, but I feel they should have to work for it a bit" just as easily. So this thread exists merely for that reason.

But that's undoing an influence not undoing a precog. If you are looking for a derg to undo a BSA, that would need to be on the owner's scroll. While that derg is on that scroll, the precog will show the same - the sex of the derg - I realise that if influenced it will show the INFLUENCES sex, but if you are undoing BSAs the one that needs undoing is the influence. You can't undo information.

I don't actually care if we get reinfluence; if people want to waste all their pinks going round in circles, that's fine by me.

8 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I don't actually care if we get reinfluence; if people want to waste all their pinks going round in circles, that's fine by me. 

Gender pingpong - do it often enough and you end up with a very confused genderless or genderfluid dragon XD

I don't think there is actually a lot that could be undone.

Yes:

- Incubate: add the day back

- Influence: remove the decision, make it decide at hatching time again

- Bite: only if it successfully turned AND stayed on your scroll, I suppose. Could some really thorough scrubbing actually remove vampy venom?

No:

- Any kind of kills (Bite, Earthquake, Kill): nope.

- Precognition: is not really an action on the egg itself, it's one for your eyes.

- Ward: So you got protection for your egg but didn't actually need it? Well, that's too bad for you. It was protected nevertheless. (Rather make Ward re-appliable)

I don't think bite should be un-doable. It's a deliberate action with a known risk, and while I have heard of people biting the wrong egg - well, honestly, take more care next time. I have done a lot of awful things here, but biting the wrong egg SO FAR isn't one of them. (MY speciality is breeding critical stuff when locked.... It's never ones that don't matter. Ruby is very helpful at these times :lol: )  

The next thing is people will want undo for auto abandon (it's been asked for before.)

Fair enough. If people want to waste all their pinks, I really don't mind. And I can't see anyone wanting to undo an incubate - so really the only thing is influence, which is being discussed here: which I think is the thread which started Natayah on this.

Just now, Fuzzbucket said:

And I can't see anyone wanting to undo an incubate

I can.

For example Siyats: So I accidentally incubated one that I want to hatch purple, but I'm too coward to have only 1 day available for actually getting it the stats it needs? Undo!

For example trades: So I incubated something and later decided I actually want to trade it, but offers are coming in slowly and it's in danger of hatching too soon. Undo Incubate!

For example gifts: So I incubated something and later decided I actually want to gift it, but other player is off for a few days and the egg is in danger of hatching too soon. Undo Incubate!

I did all of the above already - just without the Undo part because the teleport method is too much of a hassle. I don't have any real life friends playing this game (and I actually don't want them to - this is my escape from all of them).

Honestly, I don't know if PreCog is something you can continue to do again and again and again without having some effect change the state of your egg since its logged in your Action Page, but if it does allow that (at least until the hatchling genders), then that is fine. Anytime I use precog, it tells me which dragons I cannot use it on as the effect has already been determined, but that could be me imagining it because the hatchling or something has gendered or already been identified after an Influence that went correctly and I didn't teleport it or do something else that "Removed" Prior BSA impacts on a living Egg only, completely barring bite, as I consider that along the lines of also attempting to Quake an Egg and then want it brought back to life, despite the stipulation about dead eggs, so I will add that just because some people consider the Bite a BSA, some do not. Although you cannot "Unbite" a living egg via a transfer/teleport.

I just want to be very very clear that while Cassare's are great dragons for this suggestion, this suggestion also includes actions/BSAs, that have *Nothing* to Do with Magic, Mana, Powers that Be, Etc. Just inherent dragon ninja focus on temperature control for Influence and Incubate. So it is more of a skill than magic. So just keep that in the back of your mind, since dragons never get two BSAs, that Cassies might be a good option since the "nullify" things, and this is basically a null reset, however, their impact is on magic, and there could be a future skill/action that happens that is more magically focused, and Cassies then would be an even better choice for *THAT* option that is 100% magical based vs. Some Actions that are Non-Magical (most BSAs seem to be non-magically based, I guess a few are, or just a breed innate ability, however you want to define that). So keep other dragon options & suggestions open too!

And I do appreciate all the various feedback and discussion and special LOL Thanks to @RubyEyes re: Lumina/Luminae! Don't I know it from gathering that one darn dragon's personal harem. The most lovely and the most useless pile of sunbathing self-fawning addicts. I mean, I have a House Bunny (used to have more, but she has outlived the rest of her bonded siblings), and I gotta be honest, no shade on the Lumina (perhaps their Darker Cousins), cuz that is about all she does all day too, and she is just adorable and I am happy to answer to most of her various whims. Although at least it isn't the teen years and she really does spend most of the day lying around and sleeping or sunning or grooming herself or just sitting there and trancing off to the Fields of Gold Timothy Hay.

I don’t know how Bite can possibly be disputed as to whether it’s a BSA or not. It’s literally a breed-specific action, and is under the BSA page.

Not sure if I support this suggestion really. I generally feel like if you don’t want a BSA effect on a dragon, you shouldn’t have used it in the first place. Nothing could really be done to nullify the effects of Bite or Earthquake or obviously Precognition, so I feel like this concept is a bit picky considering it excludes certain BSAs? Idk.

If anything, I think it’d make more sense to me to go with what @olympe said. I’d more support certain actions being able to null certain BSAs, like Pinks being able to re-influence or Frostbites cooling down an Incubate, rather than one dragon being able to do multiple actions on multiple types of dragon.

7 hours ago, Natayah said:

Honestly, I don't know if PreCog is something you can continue to do again and again and again without having some effect change the state of your egg since its logged in your Action Page, but if it does allow that (at least until the hatchling genders), then that is fine. Anytime I use precog, it tells me which dragons I cannot use it on as the effect has already been determined, but that could be me imagining it because the hatchling or something has gendered or already been identified after an Influence that went correctly and I didn't teleport it or do something else that "Removed" Prior BSA impacts on a living Egg only, completely barring bite, as I consider that along the lines of also attempting to Quake an Egg and then want it brought back to life, despite the stipulation about dead eggs, so I will add that just because some people consider the Bite a BSA, some do not. Although you cannot "Unbite" a living egg via a transfer/teleport.

@RubyEyesI

You can't use Precog on a gendered hatchling because the gender is already known, otherwise it can be used as many times as you want. ( and the answer will stay the same UNLESS you've done something else that would change it such as influence.

5 hours ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

I don’t know how Bite can possibly be disputed as to whether it’s a BSA or not. It’s literally a breed-specific action, and is under the BSA page.

I don't think anyone said it wasn't a BSA, just that it shouldn't be un-doable.

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I don't think anyone said it wasn't a BSA, just that it shouldn't be un-doable.

I was referring to this quote from OP:

so I will add that just because some people consider the Bite a BSA, some do not.”

It's a very breed-specific action! Only Vampires can turn your egg into something else by biting it!

1 hour ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

so I will add that just because some people consider the Bite a BSA, some do not.”

Oh. :lol:

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

It's a very breed-specific action! Only Vampires can turn your egg into something else by biting it!

Right !

On 9/28/2018 at 4:03 AM, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

I am answering this and I ain't really thrilled it took multiple responses to this. No offense to Francis Bacon, because you are great people. As are all the personalities that make up your Conspiracy Circle. You can wax on about any wording you want cuz in a few years it will all be famous.

But I don't like this discussion because it is a tangent that is totally non-productive. If you want me to change the wording of something in the prologue, like just PM me and I can do that. This thread isn't worth bumping multiple times while people roam on a tangent. Or make a post and it doesn't require a response folks and all nonfolkkin beings. This thread isn't that vital that it needs to be bump'ed due to tangents. But I do appreciate your interest at least in the idea and feedback. I am tired, and probably sound snarky. I will update the wording LATER after I am done working my Close to Mid to Day off to Oooo I just Cannot wait to be at work at 7AM so I have to wake up at <string of various lots of vile hideous language> so that means I wake up like at .... 4:30 AM.... which is never something I ever wanted to have to do. This is why I was thrilled about that no kids no pregnancy thing. Let me make a tangential reference that <SNIPPIE SNIPPES *AHEM*> are Super Liberating to people born with parts that do things. No need to comment upon that opinion. I get a freebie tangent too!

In the Great Debate of what is a "TRUE" BSA vs what some people consider (however I do not) a BS BSA is that while Bitting is like vamp reproduction/breeding, and since it is an action that can result in Death it is in all my various These things don't count Walls of Text.. It is an action that cannot be undone via Teleport. Which is my focus. Only Focus. Some people have this weird sort of "REAL BSAs" vs "Faux, Kinda Sorta BSAs". Things like this would be... Soulpeace Freeing the Souls of the Undead Zombies. Celestials Coporealizing before they can breed for their basically once per month (abouts) ability to breed clutches. Some people feel like Vampires Biting isn't so much a BSA as their way of reproducing. We don't consider BREEDING a Breed Specific Action. I mean while its not technically tied to a SINGLE Breed, the Action sure does involve the actions of that Breeding Process. I don't feel like laying down a Ben Shapiro and saying "Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings," but I will update it in a few days, regardless of trying to be nice to people who Debate things they feel are "worthless" BSAs. However, the two most impacted, Influence and Incubate, are the ones people care about more than most anything else when it comes to all the BSAs in the Universe right now.

I don't care what people consider "real" or "unreal" or listed BSAs. Or what is a literal BSA or not due to how the dragons sort on it. The Only BSAs I care about are ones that are Undone/Scrubbed/Reset to Like New/Null as if they have been thru a successfully transferred teleport at least once. I hope that helps with focus. I am going to sleep. I hate sounding grumpy cuz you are all awesome peoples so if you feel any offense, I apologize in advance cuz you make great contributions to this community and Forums and DC and the universe I'm sure as well. Maybe not as much or maybe more than your various Multi-Universe selves, but you never know! So just assume you are the best and roll with it. I hope I can throw some salts around, but not the snorting kind, and that helps bury any nuclear waste I've left behind by accident.

Edited by Natayah