almne

Possible bug in Naming

I was trying to name a dragon, and it wasn’t taking. I kept having an “x” next to the name. Since I make up the names based on the dragon’s code usually, I generally don’t have any issues. This time the problem was that I had an apostrophe in the name, which confused me because I have several dragons with apostrophes in their name Qo’hailai and Shrodinger’s Cat for example. It didn’t matter where I put the apostrophe either. Neither Ca’a’tromiti or Caatro’mi’ti would work, but Caatromiti would

Is this a problem for anybody else? A known issue/change? I’m on mobile on a tablet if that makes a difference.

F36A54BF-4948-4A41-897E-B570301BBA57.thumb.jpeg.5a32f49aafa5a51846ae4bfbdb8eab68.jpeg

Sometimes the regular apostrophe is replaced by a "smart apostrophe" and the smart version doesn't work when naming. I believe that happens more often on mobile, however I'm not 100% certain.

I cannot be sure, but there's a difference between the "accent mark" (don't know how it's called in English sorry; like the one you'd put in "fiancé") --> ´  

And the apostrophe --> ' 

Maybe you tried to put an accent instead of the apostrophe? That's what it seems to me. :)

Edited by relaks

Are you typing it in or are you copy/pasting it? You can't copy paste stuff in otherwise it won't work

Just now, Dalek Raptor said:

Are you typing it in or are you copy/pasting it? You can't copy paste stuff in otherwise it won't work

Typing. And it’s the mark right next to the quotation mark, so I’m pretty sure it’s not an accent mark ‘’’’’’’

It’s probably like @XDLugia said about “smart” apostrophes. Something on mobile. Don’t worry about the name, that was a demonstration.

You should be able to switch off the "smart punctuation" thing in your tablet settings. Google can tell you how to do that for your tablet model.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

this happens to me whenever I decide to use my tablet/phone instead of my laptop. Just try switching to a PC to avoid having to go through settings or something