Confused Cat

Trading hub: filter for number of items in trade

I would like a filter for the number of things being offered.

When I'm locked and I have exactly one thing I want to trade, I would like to have a way to see trades with one thing only.

Since there are only 5 possible values, there is no need for "at least", "fewer than" or similar additional options.

E.g. if you are looking for trades with one or two things, it's not a big inconvenience to select "1", look at those trades, and then select "2".

I'm suggesting the text "Total number" because if it only said "number" people might get confused if they select Breed = Gold and Number = 3 and they get trades with 1 Gold and 2 other breeds.

(Even more exact would be "Total number of growing things in trade", but that's too long...)

suggestion_tradefilter_number.png

Or "number of items" or "items in trade"?

Anyway, support :)

Nice idea which would get rid of a LOT of the issues there are just now. Support.

I like this in principle and support it, but I do need to be greedy and ask: Can we get something about the number of eggs in there without it getting too complicated? ❤️ I usually care more if a trade is offering three eggs than I care about if a trade is offering one egg and two hatchlings. Latter would usually be interesting for me, former likely would not.

Bumping this, because once again I am locked and I have exactly one egg I'd like to trade, so it would be really nice to only see trades with one item.

Can we PLEASE just have the ability to accept part of a trade. The easiest and most sensible option, IMNVHO.

I agree with Fuzz but I also definitely agree with this suggestion. No problem with having both, I say! :D Since we can filter for types of dragons, it definitely makes sense to filter for amount in trade!

11 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Can we PLEASE just have the ability to accept part of a trade. The easiest and most sensible option, IMNVHO.

This would be great, but is not a solution for the situation I'm talking about here. (This is for when a scroll-locked person wants to look at existing public trades in the hub, not when they create a public trade themselves and get offers of too many things.)