Moonlight_Eevee

Ignore List on the Trading Hub

Hello folks, since the Trading Hub Feedback has been closed, this deserves its own thread. Ways this can work:

• You go to offer on a trade but the user has you ignore: You cannot offer on this trade since "User A" had you ignored
  • You can't see the person offering trades in the trading hub if you have "User A" ignored.

Thoughts? I'll try to keep this clean and updated since I'm on mobile

I'd say it would be best if you didn't even see a trade from someone who has you on ignore.  Otherwise it would sow discord.

Same as you don't see trades of someone you put on ignore.  Mutual invisibility. 

I think I support this. As long as the end result isn't members telling others to ignore other players just because THEY do.

3 hours ago, Dracaena said:

I'd say it would be best if you didn't even see a trade from someone who has you on ignore.  Otherwise it would sow discord.

Same as you don't see trades of someone you put on ignore.  Mutual invisibility. 

Definitely!

I would support this, although I have never traded enough to feel the need for it.

I would rather if those who a user has put on ignore cannot see that trade.

Leaving the trade viewable would perhaps cause some problems down the line with  users posting "I cannot post to this trade or X has me on ignore!"  Same reasons we don't allow black lists.

An ignore system is needed though, even I found users not taking the hint that I did not want their offer after shutting it down several times. Even after I left it up, they'd still fire off my notifications by changing their offer multiple times.

I would rather that, using my example of an annoying trade situation, that the trade visibility vanishes to them - at the very least with the message. or however it is worded "This trade is cancelled or has been claimed by another user"

35 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I don't see the need for this.

Is is my take on it. HOWEVER... I am not necessarily opposed to having the option.

I think I support this. As long as the end result isn't members telling others to ignore other players just because THEY do.

HONESTLY, @Fuzzbucket, anyone trying to pressure ME into putting an ignore on someone I didn't feeling like would PROBABLY get a big "Yeah, RIGHT" and an ignore themselves from me. I wouldn't LET myself be pressured into it. IF I used it, it would be because I personally Wanted to do so, for whatever the reason, NOT because someone else told me I ought to. Ats my choice and NOONE else's, thanks very much.

ALL of that said, I think IF would work best IF, as someone commented, anyone n ignore got mutual invisiblity to eachother. They can't see your trades and you can't see theirs.

Edited by JavaTigress

I'm expecting confused people over that. Plenty of people post hub trades on the forum. What do you see if you click one of those while being on someone else's ignore list?

Things like this won't ever be completely invisible.

5 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I'm expecting confused people over that. Plenty of people post hub trades on the forum. What do you see if you click one of those while being on someone else's ignore list?

Things like this won't ever be completely invisible.

Exactly. I don't like the idea of ignoring people through the trade hub. Ignoring people on forums, fine, I get it. Not the trade hub, though. If you don't want the offers, or simply don't want to trade with that specific person, just decline the trade. It isn't that hard. Even if they keep offering, you'll still see the same scroll name and be able to ignore it yourself. Why take time implementing something that you can do on your own? If you see a trade by someone you don't want to trade with, just...don't click it? It's not that hard, really...

1 hour ago, Suzumiya said:

Exactly. I don't like the idea of ignoring people through the trade hub. Ignoring people on forums, fine, I get it. Not the trade hub, though. If you don't want the offers, or simply don't want to trade with that specific person, just decline the trade. It isn't that hard. Even if they keep offering, you'll still see the same scroll name and be able to ignore it yourself. Why take time implementing something that you can do on your own? If you see a trade by someone you don't want to trade with, just...don't click it? It's not that hard, really...

to save time and nerves, as simple yet important as that. I fail to see how can it be good for forums but not the game. Keep in mind you won't be forced to do this, while right now people are forced to get e.g. notifications of re-offers or another offer from a user who completely ignores your Wants often even contradicting them, and are tired of this. Have you never been frustrated over getting excited at finally getting a notification but then seing an irrelevant offer instead? Add the same person putting an irrelevant offer everytime you reject(or re-offering even if you ignore and let it sit)... I honestly want to save myself from this but I have no means to. You're always free to do it the old way even if a block system is implemented... Honestly, what's with the "Since I don't need or want to use this, nobody should have it" mentality around here? 

In general, honestly, I predicted this... 

This suggestion is basically one of the uses my general blanket suggestion is meant for. 

I'm personally feeling more and more need for blocking certain people from trading with me. I was also seing certain suggestions community-downed for reasons that could be easly wiped out by in-game Blocking.

If keepig the blocked users unaware is a crucial point, then how about doing it the steam way? If you block a "friend", they don't get a notification, they don't see your online and in game status, can write a message to you and it looks to them like they sent it but it never reaches you. Why not do it the analogical way here? the blocked can see the trade as normal, can 'offer' on it, but the user simply never gets to see their offer? It could also auto-decline after 30mins so the blocked person doesn't have hopes for too long, though I woudn't do this and just let it sit and look like the person was simply offline - like on Steam. 

Edited by Meh

Hmm. That is a good point. I really don't like getting a ton of offers I never wanted on a fairly decent trade I have up. Such as, say, a Dino I have up for trade. I have had one offer of the same messy, inbred hatchlings four times, and I've declined it four times. 

It would be nice to have a system where you're only allowed to offer on the same trade a certain amount of times, if you can't or don't want to do the ignore. It would keep people from getting the same trades they don't want over and over, but still let that person offer on future trades. I really don't like 4 messy inbred hatchies for a nice rare. If I wanted them, I would ask for them. It's even worse when you put "no messy or inbreds, please" but still get those offers...

11 minutes ago, Meh said:

Honestly, what's with the "Since I don't need or want to use this, nobody should have it" mentality around here?

Fact is, this DOES affect people who wouldn't use it themselves. So I accidentally offer something twice on someone's trade because I don't remember names so well, and BAM I'm blocked forever because they happen to have a bad day and little patience? Yeah sure.

I'm all for having ignored users not being able to see your trade. I have no use for the feature right now but I'd like to have the option, if something should ever occur to make me ignore someone.

On the other hand, I don't like the idea of auto-blocking if you reoffer a certain number of times. I forget if I've offered on a specific trade and usually end up trying to offer again if I think I haven't yet. Why should I be punished for not remembering a name or a specific offer? An indicator that you've been declined on that offer would be better than suddenly auto-blocking you without warning. Especially with the number of users that essentially force you to guess what they want with "offer anything" Wants.

2 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Fact is, this DOES affect people who wouldn't use it themselves. So I accidentally offer something twice on someone's trade because I don't remember names so well, and BAM I'm blocked forever because they happen to have a bad day and little patience? Yeah sure.

Agreeeeed, thank you. Thanks to the inability to offer the same item on several different trades, I am stuck trying to juggle my trade offers as best I can. Sometimes, I forget things, such as someone having already refused my offer, if I'm currently tracking about 5 very similar offers.  If I offer again, it's not to spam anyone or to be insistent, it's an honest mistake. With no communication, no way of explaining this so..... I feel like some people would be extremely trigger-happy with the block feature. Do not want.

2 hours ago, JavaTigress said:

Is is my take on it. HOWEVER... I am not necessarily opposed to having the option.

HONESTLY, @Fuzzbucket, anyone trying to pressure ME into putting an ignore on someone I didn't feeling like would PROBABLY get a big "Yeah, RIGHT" and an ignore themselves from me. I wouldn't LET myself be pressured into it. IF I used it, it would be because I personally Wanted to do so, for whatever the reason, NOT because someone else told me I ought to. Ats my choice and NOONE else's, thanks very much.

ALL of that said, I think IF would work best IF, as someone commented, anyone n ignore got mutual invisiblity to each other. They can't see your trades and you can't see theirs.

HOW ABOUT being able to block someone on a specific trade but the mutual invisibility ends with a new trade ?

44 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

HOW ABOUT being able to block someone on a specific trade but the mutual invisibility ends with a new trade ?

At isn't a bad solution in my OWN opinion,BUT I feel like some folks on here are wanting something a bit more...permanent.

Maybe if you could put a note on the refused offer as to why it was declined may help. So if someone were to accidentally reoffer the same thing you could say I have already declined this, and maybe they’d get it.

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Yeah, this. I don't understand why people seem to think that if someone doesn't want a feature they are only saying that because they personally wouldn't use it so no one else should.... The fact is, most suggestions that people argue against, they are doing so because it *WOULD* affect them, affect the game in general, regardless of whether they 'use' the feature or not. Suggestions that affect *everyone*, regardless of use. Like this one. 

I'm really not a fan of in-cave 'ignore' or blocks. Yes, it's annoying when someone repeatedly offers something you don't want, but it's not game-breaking. It's not keeping you from getting good offers, or forcing you to accept a bad offer, or anything like that. If I get an unwanted offer I just decline, and if they offer again I'll just let it sit there. And yes, it can get annoying if they continually offer/cancel/offer over and over, but I'm really not sure that's a good enough reason to *block* someone. 

I just see way way way too many downsides to this.... As someone mentioned, this will never be 100% invisible because what if the trade is posted here on the forums, the person will click it and... What will they see, if they've been blocked/ignored? As Ruby Eyes mentioned, if someone is having a bad day and basically just knee-jerk blocks someone, that is something that will hinder *both* users forever simply because that person made a rash decision? I would *much* rather see something temporary, like if someone offers the same thing on a trade too many times you can 'ignore' that user for that specific trade, but please not forever. 

Also I don't think comparing the 'ignore' function on the forums is a very accurate comparison. The forums are social. The forums include conversations and PMs and direct ways to talk to people and call people out in a post. The game has absolutely none of that, so it's not really a great comparison. 

Edited by HeatherMarie
typo

I could live with this if "ignore" means you don't see trades from the person you have on ignore, and you can't see any offers they make on your trade (but they can still see your trade and offer on it), or these offers are hidden and you need to expand them (like a spoiler).

Spoiler

IgnoredUser's offer                                                                                                      [Accept Anyway] [Decline]

xenowyrm-mageia.gif 

Wow,%20purple%20isn't%20a%20color%20of%2

This%20egg%20is%20off-white%20in%20color 

Don't think I'd need this, though, but who knows what the future might bring. :)

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

would be better.

could live with this if "ignore" means you don't see trades from the person you have on ignore, and you can't see any offers they make on your trade (but they can still see your trade and offer on it), or these offers are hidden and you need to expand them (like a spoiler).

expanding on this a little and the ignore does not trigger a notification alert.

Edited by Starscream