Ruby Eyes

Ruby Eyes's Mostly Easy Bingo

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

For some reason or other I am having a hard time getting into this round. :o I've looked at it a dozen times and thought I'd come back to it and I still haven't. It doesn't help that this has been a very busy stressful week and I just seem to be having a lot of trouble concentrating.

Welcome to my world! I have actually been sick since Saturday...

Sorry, Ruby, for not participating fully this time 'round.

I'll see if I can tally round 2 and co-op points today, and update tricky scores, too, if I manage to get there today :)

Speaking of co-op, you don't have mine with @Stellalunastorm listed as claimed… we both bingoed at the top of page 5. Probably just haven't gotten there yet but my tortoise is using his shell as a battering ram and I'm going slightly insane as a result. (You'd think they were quiet animals!)

On 10/5/2018 at 1:06 PM, ArgentiAertheri said:

(You'd think they were quiet animals!)

At least they don't yowl during the night? How tolerable are tortoises to beanies? :D 

14 hours ago, Dirtytabs said:

At least they don't yowl during the night? How tolerable are tortoises to beanies? :D 

No, they don't yowl, but it's like banging a bowl on a glass window… for hours. It's like a cat in heat, but with a shell!

Sorry for being absent - I was kinda dragged away from the computer by GF and others :rolleyes:

Working on it, Round 3 is still active. Which reminds me:

Ponderous Puzzle Bingo
P1.a You can find me all over the cave.
P1.b I have a special thing with procreation.

2 hours ago, ArgentiAertheri said:

No, they don't yowl, but it's like banging a bowl on a glass window… for hours. It's like a cat in heat, but with a shell!

Wool padding?

Ugh, no procreation! No! Bad tortoise! 

..ah, right, dragons… uh… P1.b bingo? https://dragcave.net/view/IMlsp

I don't want to just wrap him in padding because he's cold-blooded, turns out sweaters are only a good idea on creatures that regulate their own temperature… and he'd probably find a way to eat it. Twice a year I get to wait out breeding season and… two cats, a large stupid dog, a freshwater aquarium, an axolotl, and a perpetually angry pufferfish and it's the tortoise that drives me up a wall! Even the cats are like "why is that rock so LOUD?!"

They can't be neutered? Would reduce a lot of stress for him, too!

Hm. Maybe you can... bubble wrap the walls of his tank. Okay, I once got to babysit a puppy who was on her period and liked to chew up her diapers and pee pads, and I now shudder at the thought of waiting out breeding season for any more pets.

On 10/9/2018 at 4:13 AM, Ruby Eyes said:

They can't be neutered? Would reduce a lot of stress for him, too!

Probably not? I've never heard of it and a quick google suggests that it's not worth the risk of anesthesia. It's certainly not routine the way the mammals of the house are all spayed/neutered.

On 10/9/2018 at 1:33 PM, Dirtytabs said:

Hm. Maybe you can... bubble wrap the walls of his tank. Okay, I once got to babysit a puppy who was on her period and liked to chew up her diapers and pee pads, and I now shudder at the thought of waiting out breeding season for any more pets.

Again, what if he eats it? I'm currently between "here, it's your favorite food, you can't be annoying while eating" and "it's nice out and the wifi has a good range, I'll be outside". Fingers crossed but I think he's finally starting to chill, we've only had a few half-hearted escape attempts today! At least I don't have to worry about him succeeding since his enclosure is a fancy snake enclosure my brother had.

Update! Idiot me remembered he has a cardboard barn full of hay. It's now his "time out" zone and "here, play in hay" buys me like half an hour with no banging, just random digging!

Edited by ArgentiAertheri

On 10/9/2018 at 4:58 PM, ArgentiAertheri said:

Probably not? I've never heard of it and a quick google suggests that it's not worth the risk of anesthesia. It's certainly not routine the way the mammals of the house are all spayed/neutered.

Again, what if he eats it? I'm currently between "here, it's your favorite food, you can't be annoying while eating" and "it's nice out and the wifi has a good range, I'll be outside". Fingers crossed but I think he's finally starting to chill, we've only had a few half-hearted escape attempts today! At least I don't have to worry about him succeeding since his enclosure is a fancy snake enclosure my brother had.

Update! Idiot me remembered he has a cardboard barn full of hay. It's now his "time out" zone and "here, play in hay" buys me like half an hour with no banging, just random digging!

Hope it gets better!

Kim/Meadbhb