Laryal

Trading hub idea

Thank you everyone i hope this idea goes thru you guys made some really good points.:)

Ok so why not this have the eggs on trade an if they hatch they can still be  traded in the same trade as they were they were eggs an if a player wants only hatchlings then they can decline those that are eggs like now.Then they can wait for a gendered hatchling if anyone has one an they can trade.Not really that much different than now really all exept that we do not have to  make anouther trade for when the egg hatches.

Edited by Laryal

There's still trouble if you wanted an influence-able egg and got a hatchling that you cannot influence any more.

To be fair, that problem already exists to some degree. If an egg has enough views to hatch at 4d, but the trade is accepted near the 4d mark, and you're not around, the egg'll hatch on your scroll before you can influence it.

(Would still be nice to get a way to handle this better, though!)

Magis go on cooldown if the (teleported) eggs hatch, right? That sounds like a bug, or at least weird feature which should probably be removed.

Edited by osmarks

22 hours ago, osmarks said:

Magis go on cooldown if the (teleported) eggs hatch, right? That sounds like a bug, or at least weird feature which should probably be removed.

Haha I really agree with this. I’m pretty sure your Magi goes on cooldown if you decide to remove your trade from the hub. But the Magi hasn’t even teleported anything!! Why would that happen!! I really support that being removed honestly

2 minutes ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

Haha I really agree with this. I’m pretty sure your Magi goes on cooldown if you decide to remove your trade from the hub. But the Magi hasn’t even teleported anything!! Why would that happen!! I really support that being removed honestly

It doesn't go on cooldown if you cancel a trade (unless that was changed without telling us...); I was talking about if your stuff hatched or grew up.

9 minutes ago, osmarks said:

It doesn't go on cooldown if you cancel a trade (unless that was changed without telling us...); I was talking about if your stuff hatched or grew up.

I believe it does go on cooldown unfortunately. I put up a trade recently and I'm pretty sure the cooldown started the second I started the trade. I only have 3 Magi's, I made two trades yesterday, and now two of them have a 2 day cooldown left. While the trade was up I could make a new trade with my third, so it wasn't using that one. I just cancelled the trade and they're still on cooldown.

I could be wrong though! I don't pay attention to my Magi's cooldown's often so ya know, I could be totally off haha.

Edited by LightningBug

13 minutes ago, LightningBug said:

I believe it does go on cooldown unfortunately. I put up a trade recently and I'm pretty sure the cooldown started the second I started the trade. I only have 3 Magi's, I made two trades yesterday, and now two of them have a 2 day cooldown left. While the trade was up I could make a new trade with my third, so it wasn't using that one. I just cancelled the trade and they're still on cooldown.

Back before trade hub pagination, I think you could cancel without stuff going on cooldown.

I'm not sure when it was changed, since it appears that it has been. This weird and kind of pointless change should at least be documented.

EDIT: oh, so there was no change, good.

Edited by osmarks

5 minutes ago, osmarks said:

Back before trade hub pagination, I think you could cancel without stuff going on cooldown.

I'm not sure when it was changed, since it appears that it has been. This weird and kind of pointless change should at least be documented.

Just went ahead and checked my action log, I guess it does remove the cooldown! One of those two dropped their two day cooldown. So what seems to happen is the cooldown starts immediately when the trade starts, but if it's cancelled the cooldown is removed. Good to know.

In relation to this topic, I feel allowing eggs to hatch during trade may have some negative effects. Mostly, when I ask for someone to offer me an egg, I really want an egg. Most likely so I can hatch it myself for some reason, or so I can influence or some other thing. Personally, I'm not too into this idea unless some parts are tweaked. Just my thoughts~

54 minutes ago, LightningBug said:

Just went ahead and checked my action log, I guess it does remove the cooldown! One of those two dropped their two day cooldown. So what seems to happen is the cooldown starts immediately when the trade starts, but if it's cancelled the cooldown is removed. Good to know.

In relation to this topic, I feel allowing eggs to hatch during trade may have some negative effects. Mostly, when I ask for someone to offer me an egg, I really want an egg. Most likely so I can hatch it myself for some reason, or so I can influence or some other thing. Personally, I'm not too into this idea unless some parts are tweaked. Just my thoughts~

Things like this is why I suggest a little option button. Like instead of just SAYING you want only eggs or only hatchies, click the button that either says 'egg' or 'hatchling'. Or click both if you don't care. That way, there is no way someone can offer a hatchie if you choose egg only. Or an egg if you choose hatchie only. And if you choose both and it doesn't matter, the egg hatching won't cancel the trade, since you don't care if you get an egg or hatchling. 

Doesn't really help in all scenarios. If I was trying to trade for a CB gold, I'd need a male. So, I'd either want an egg with time left to influence, or a male S2 hatchling. :( 

5 hours ago, LightningBug said:

We still have this really say you have a trade wanting an egg you are gone the egg that  someone wanted to give hatches an the trade is canceled.So if you are there an take an egg trade you can still influence it once traded right?

Suzumiya

Things like this is why I suggest a little option button. Like instead of just SAYING you want only eggs or only hatchies, click the button that either says 'egg' or 'hatchling'. Or click both if you don't care. That way, there is no way someone can offer a hatchie if you choose egg only. Or an egg if you choose hatchie only. And if you choose both and it doesn't matter, the egg hatching won't cancel the trade, since you don't care if you get an egg or hatchling. 

True there could be a button for this as well.:)

Edited by Laryal

Idk if this has already been suggested, just like how we put a public message in the Trading Hub, how about a message or a choice of options (say, egglocked, not interested, now what I'm looking for, etc) to go together with declining an offer? I feel bad declining or ignoring people who offers me what I want but they're egglocked

On 9/15/2018 at 11:52 PM, osmarks said:

As another relatively new player and someone who has only a few Magis I confirm this. I notice this really easily given that it instantly takes away from my few teleports and forces me to change my trade plans if it happens. Your Magi does not go on cooldown if you cancel the trade, but if an egg hatches on the trade it does. I've had this happen to me a few times and I find it really buggy and annoying. If this suggestion about removing the trade breaking doesn't go through I'd at least hope that this issue would get fixed. It does not feel logical as no actual teleport took place and the resulting cooldown needlessly hurts players with fewer Magis such as myself.

Even in the event that this suggestion about removing the trade breaking on egg hatching does go through though, this buggy behaviour could potentially still continue to exist for hatchlings that grow into adults. I'm not sure if it happens there too as I haven't put up that many trades with mature hatchlings myself, but perhaps someone with a little more resources could confirm whether it happens there too or not? If it does, that should be fixed as well.

On 9/17/2018 at 5:22 PM, Nagapie said:

As another relatively new player and someone who has only a few Magis I confirm this. I notice this really easily given that it instantly takes away from my few teleports and forces me to change my trade plans if it happens. Your Magi does not go on cooldown if you cancel the trade, but if an egg hatches on the trade it does. I've had this happen to me a few times and I find it really buggy and annoying. If this suggestion about removing the trade breaking doesn't go through I'd at least hope that this issue would get fixed. It does not feel logical as no actual teleport took place and the resulting cooldown needlessly hurts players with fewer Magis such as myself.

Even in the event that this suggestion about removing the trade breaking on egg hatching does go through though, this buggy behaviour could potentially still continue to exist for hatchlings that grow into adults. I'm not sure if it happens there too as I haven't put up that many trades with mature hatchlings myself, but perhaps someone with a little more resources could confirm whether it happens there too or not? If it does, that should be fixed as well.

Yes the trading would go all the way thru the stages an once the dragon becomes adult the trade ends because you can not trade adult dragons  they are yours not unless you kill or release them.

Here's my thought on the matter: (haven't read all of the thread through, just skimmed most of it.)

Perhaps, if any part of the trade or offer changes (grows up, hatches, or genders) then a notification is put on that trade, for both the person who created the trade and anyone with an offer on that trade. It would show up at the top of the trading hub, and the trading hub text at the top of the scroll could have a small '!' symbol next to it. This notification would mean that the trade cannot be completed until both parties (or just the user whose offer has not changed?) re-agree to the trade.

It might also be neat to have a little three-option choice box when creating a trade: "Eggs only"/"Hatchlings only"/"Both Eggs and Hatchlings" (with the last one being the default selected option). This would stop the 'offering eggs because they can sit until they hatch' problem; if you want hatchlings only, you tick that box, and it shows up in italics underneath the line for typed requests.

6 hours ago, Zeditha said:

Here's my thought on the matter: (haven't read all of the thread through, just skimmed most of it.)

Perhaps, if any part of the trade or offer changes (grows up, hatches, or genders) then a notification is put on that trade, for both the person who created the trade and anyone with an offer on that trade. It would show up at the top of the trading hub, and the trading hub text at the top of the scroll could have a small '!' symbol next to it. This notification would mean that the trade cannot be completed until both parties (or just the user whose offer has not changed?) re-agree to the trade.

It might also be neat to have a little three-option choice box when creating a trade: "Eggs only"/"Hatchlings only"/"Both Eggs and Hatchlings" (with the last one being the default selected option). This would stop the 'offering eggs because they can sit until they hatch' problem; if you want hatchlings only, you tick that box, and it shows up in italics underneath the line for typed requests.

Good points that can go with my idea.:)

22 hours ago, Zeditha said:

So, if you have an egg that's already over its hatching time, but needs to collect a couple more views when you go to bed, you cannot offer it even though it'll likely hatch within the hour (because you put it in an ER or two) just because? Then where is the benefit of hatching/growing up not breaking teleports? (I'd be okay if such an offer wouldn't be displayed/cause a notification to the user until the dragon hatches, but not being able to offer at all is just as bad as it is now.)