SkyWolf25

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

So, the switch version of Animal Crossing was announced earlier today.

Anyone else looking forward to the game? What kind of new features do you want?

Personally, I wish there was a simple way in-game that lets you collect the villagers you want and send off the ones you don't. Maybe once you meet certain requirements there can be an option to invite animals to your village, like in Pocket Camp.

Edited by SkyWolf25

I am SO EXCITED! :wub: I was one of the people that got kinda bummed when there wasn't an Animal Crossing Switch game announced at E3. I don't think they could've announced it in a better way than they did yesterday. Completely made my day.

15 hours ago, SkyWolf25 said:

Personally, I wish there was a simple way in-game that lets you collect the villagers you want and send off the ones you don't. Maybe once you meet certain requirements there can be an option to invite animals to your village, like in Pocket Camp.

I feel like this could be implemented in a way. There was the campsite in New Leaf, but you don't know when a villager's gonna show up, and the villager is completely random. Soft-resetting for the villager you want can be tiring and lengthy. 😧 I'm not sure how they'd make this work (or if they're planning on making the app interact with the game like they're having for Pokemon Go and Pokemon Let's Go), but if they do that might be interesting and also somewhat appreciated.

Regarding other new features, I know it would kinda take from the "daily" aspect of the game, but I'd kinda like for there to be some way to "freeze" the game. I haven't gotten into my New Leaf save file since January, and I don't want to go back to it without rewinding my 2DS's clock lest I lose a villager I really love or something else happens. And sure, there's little tricks to be able to catch up your save file to current date (like going to the last save date, keep going forward a day checking your villagers until someone wants to move, telling them NOT to move, then turning forward the date to the current day), but those can be kinda tedious? If there was an actual feature, it'd be great, but I don't know if they'd make that. I can dream. XD

YESSSS I am ready!! I was disappointed when they didn't announce any AC during E3 so I'm super glad. ALSO Isabelle is joining Smash-I do hope this doesn't mean she won't be in the new game though I love her so much. I never played the old AC and only the DS ones so I'm wondering how it will be on the Switch.

Also guess this means we won't have QR codes anymore which is one of my fave parts of ACNL-all those cute outfits. I personally don't care too much for the campsite incorporation in New Leaf and I thought Pocket Camp was okay (I mean it's an app so...but my sister still plays it quite frequently). 

I definitely wish there were easier ways to get rid of villagers-the amount of times I've attacked them with my net to no avail...why won't they leave T^T

1 hour ago, Mochi said:

ALSO Isabelle is joining Smash-I do hope this doesn't mean she won't be in the new game though I love her so much. I never played the old AC and only the DS ones so I'm wondering how it will be on the Switch.

Also guess this means we won't have QR codes anymore which is one of my fave parts of ACNL-all those cute outfits. I personally don't care too much for the campsite incorporation in New Leaf and I thought Pocket Camp was okay (I mean it's an app so...but my sister still plays it quite frequently).

I'm excited about that, too!! She looks so cute in Smash ah ;^; ❤️ Also, I've only played New Leaf, so I don't know what the other games had for features.

Oh, man. Didn't even think about QR codes. I'd hope we would have them, and if not then some variation of. 😕 Those were cute! I liked making my own outfits.

1 hour ago, Mochi said:

I definitely wish there were easier ways to get rid of villagers-the amount of times I've attacked them with my net to no avail...why won't they leave T^T

I've always taken the "ignore" route, but even then, it took MONTHS for the villager to leave. :( Hoping for that to get easier? Except not the villagers I want to keep. If it's easier to lose the villagers I love, too, then I don't know if I want it...

Yes, New Leaf's clothes-making definitely needs to stay. I remember being disappointed in Wild World that the necktie+suit pattern I made ended up giving me four ties around my body when I wore it... x'D

Oh great, now the evil Nook family gets another chance at my hard-earned Bells! Darn you, Nook!

I am pumped. Seriously pumped. Can't wait. :) 

4 hours ago, Toasttt said:

I've always taken the "ignore" route, but even then, it took MONTHS for the villager to leave. :( Hoping for that to get easier? Except not the villagers I want to keep. If it's easier to lose the villagers I love, too, then I don't know if I want it...

Oh ignoring never works for me but then actively messing with them doesn't either

The only ones that ever want to leave are the ones I want to stay T^T
Oh yeah, just a way that makes it easier to get rid of the ones you don't want

Used to think that reporting them to Isabelle would help get rid of them but nope

Though there is a funny comic someone drew of her washing misbehaving villagers' mouths with soup XD

2 hours ago, SkyWolf25 said:

Yes, New Leaf's clothes-making definitely needs to stay. I remember being disappointed in Wild World that the necktie+suit pattern I made ended up giving me four ties around my body when I wore it... x'D

Oh no LOL
I don't even bother with making my own clothes, I just use the ones people post since they're like 20x better at it and I can't be bothered with tutorials.

1 hour ago, purpledragonclaw said:

Oh great, now the evil Nook family gets another chance at my hard-earned Bells! Darn you, Nook!

When my sister heard Isabelle was going to be in smash, she was like 'what if Tom Nook was in it?' and I told her there's no way he would spend time fooling around, he's too busy stealing all our bells XD

Fun fact: the icon I use for the guest account on my Switch is Tom Nook XD 

I'm really looking forward to the new Animal Crossing game! I got into New Leaf pretty late but I've enjoyed it a lot so it's exciting to have more soon(ish). Maybe I'll even end up buying a Switch just for Animal Crossing, who knows. :o

I am 100% looking forward to it. I hope they include an option to move around villager houses, maybe though some type of zoning system. Being able to select your skin tone and body type is kind of a must for any modern game that offers character customization, and I would be surprised if they didn't include this for 2019. New villagers, bugs, fish, plants, etc are always nice too. Overall, I'm just excited to start a new town 🎈

I'm quite impatient for a release date. Has it been announced anywhere?

On 12/12/2018 at 7:20 AM, SkyWolf25 said:

I'm quite impatient for a release date. Has it been announced anywhere?

Unfortunately, I haven't seen one anywhere. I'm also impatient for a release date, hopefully it'll be announced soon!

I'd love to be able to send mail to friends in other towns via wifi. Sure, in NL we could play together with Club Tortimer, but there's just something about the thought of surprising my friend with a gift and kind letter in the mail. Maybe a limit could be set to prevent spam? Idk, it's just a small thing I'd love to have.

I bought the Wolf Link amiibo for BotW; they'd better bring back the amiibo villager system for the switch AC.

Edited by SkyWolf25

Edited the title since they announced the game's title. The delay to 3.20.2020 is a bummer, but I'm excited by all of the new footage. Animals can wear sleeved clothes and dresses now!

I'm saddened to learn Resetti lost his job. He's been an AC staple since the beginning. I'm hopeful that by pushing the release date back, they'll have enough time to polish it into the diamond it could be.

I am SO EXCITED for it. I'm really looking forward to all the updates, and the game seriously looks gorgeous. I love the simple little touches like the light changing through the day, and leaves blowing in the wind. It's small, but it really makes a difference in how this game looks especially compared to New Leaf.

The game looks really promising, it seems like it'll have all kinds of interesting things to do! I'm looking forward to seeing new items too, especially clothing.

I also like that the animals' clothes also have sleeves now. :D

I badly want Wolf Link to make a reappearance. My last AC game was Wild World so I missed out. They're saying it's likely to support amiibo figures and cards so I'm holding out hope.

I'm so excited! I never played Animal Crossing before until the mobile game came out in 2017. Got hooked right off the bat and got a 3DS so I could play even more. I can't wait for the Switch release!

I am beyond thrilled it is almost here! Preordered the ACNH Switch for myself and 2 games. I will be set to Northern Hemisphere on my switch and my daughter will be Southern on the switch we already had :P

Sorry if this is a dumb question but how many Animal Crossings are out on the Switch and which one would be good for a newcomer with poor gaming skills? I know there is a new one coming out soon but I'd like to start off with something older (and hopefully cheaper lol). 

@Fortune86 This will be the first one on Switch :D 
If you're interested in something older, there is AC New Leaf on the 3DS. The only other AC I have is City Folk for the Wii, which is way back so I'm not 100% versed on the games in-between. (ETA: There's also Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp for the smartphone/iOS user, which has somewhat different (maybe even simpler) mechanics but holds the same theme as the series.)

Also, one more week. I'm vibrating in my seat and excited to get my hands on a NH Switch case (and hopefully the joy-cons). My sister pre-ordered the NH edition Switch and I ;-; it's so beautiful.

Edited by ValidEmotions

@ValidEmotions : Thanks, but I only have the Switch so I can't catch up on older consoles/devices lol. 

Oh well. I can always try it at a later date.