MoonlightEevee

Black Truffles vs Golds as Rares

4 hours ago, Dalek Raptor said:

Players have a 100% chance of obtaining all three GoNs, a Zombie (even those are hard to get and should be higher), all six Zyus and the Sinomorph, a CB Silver, maybe even a neglected dragon, and maybe a prize before ever obtaining a CB Gold. Granted that people can catch them but it gets snatched up so stinking fast that players with bad internet connection or one who has never seen one before actually see one, they don't either recognise the description or by the split second they do actually click on it, it's gone. 

Yeah, it's nice a feeling to be gifted a CB Gold but it's something most people can't get unless the user is very generous about it (and trust me, I've asked for one once in the birthday thread and never got one) or if they have a CB Prize/lots of rares they could trade for one (again it depends on if someone is willing to part with one). But I'm not about to beat a dead horse over this 😕

I was under the impression that this was about Truffle's flavourtext not whining about Golds. Just to be clear you are hyperboling like there's no tomorrow.

Yes, Golds are rare, yes I was gifted 1 of my three. But believe me I had my first selfcaught CB Gold long before I had my 3rd GoN OR was gifted an ND. do you have any idea how many people out there still don't have a complete set despite summoning since the dawn of time? A CB Prize is far harder to obtain and WAS impossible for a long time and I've given up on getting all new zombie sprites for the moment because my last few Halloweens were nothing but fails.

Incidentally I got all my REALLY special gifts (CB Gold, ND, 2nd gen prize, 2nd gen Holly) pretty much out of the blue - NOT by asking for one :dry:

I still don't see why I would forbid the in-universe use of the word (aka flavour text) 'rare' unless it coincides with the game-mechanics term 'rare' unless it would stop this unnecessary drama. It seems as if people are about half miffed that the Truffle ISN'T a rare on the Gold level and half miffed that there IS such a thing as a Gold level rare to begin with.

Imo, I just think that the dragons' breed descriptions are general backstory or how the spriters would officially describe their dragons. That's why we have User Descriptions, to add more to the story. (I'm usually plain at making stuff, that's why I just take the encyclopedia data and their breed description and try to make a description about them)

You could write a user description and say, for example, there has been an agreement all over Valkemare that the illegal hunting of Black Truffles are punishable, and since then their numbers have returned back to normal, though most of them would no longer dare to approach humans after the crisis.

@Dalek Raptor I can agree to you on most parts except GoN. I got super lucky and summoned my first in only one try; that's a month ago and I'm still waiting for a 2nd GoN. So 100%, yes. But the probability to do so in a limited amount of time (say, 6 months) isn't as high as you thought it'd be.

And imo, I see the reason why a Gold was popularly named Dorkface; because it indeed was one (to me) and are far from being in my sprite collection wishlist :v

Unless somehow, their sprites have a remake in the future.

You know, I think Black Truffles are a lot like Thief Classes in D&D or Space Ships. Technically a DC Challenge of 30 is like God Level of Difficult, but based on those higher level characters, not only they are rolling over 30's, but they are rolling sometimes... over 40.... which means if it is hard for a Diety of literally "impossible" in the terms of real world realm, but you do it with ease, then you can literally become invisible in the middle of broad daylight without a spell or anything and just BLAM you are like the Space Ships from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

So like maybe they are Dancing all around us but we just have a really hard time seeing them as Dragons. We don't know all the secrets of the magicks and mysteries they have. But maybe their EGGS are MUCH easier to see!

I am glad I have made logic. I will retire back to my House of Win.

**Update: I did a serious update about stuff and the screen went backwards and erased all of it, I will type it out later (or I guess now since I did it anyway), but I am serious there are very good reasons for adults to be hard to see and rare to see among humanoid kind in general. you do have to remember that we are special, and those Descrips aren't written just for us (well technically they are) but also reflect the DC world, which includes other people. Even if we see them more frequently, no one would believe us cuz of the lore handed down thru the ages. And you could be like snacks or turtles who leave  a BUNCH of eggs, and then only a few make it to adulthood, or they know to lay low and keep hidden from dragons, but as we begin to breed them more, maybe the breed will realize this and be more willing to be seen a bit more by dragon collectors or investigators or scholars, as they can sense this from our interactions from other dragons, mana, etc. and speaking with other dragons, but they could still be VERY well via evolution of being hunted and survival to have really great abilities to hide and sense others before they can sense them. Again, you would think this would apply to the eggs, but if they breed so much and only need a few adults to actually survive, that IS a survival technique. Hopefully maybe some interaction with us may help, but that isn't going to change the LORE for all the other humanoids in DC world. Remember the description, while written for us, is meant to be lore in the world of DC, and we are special, very special and trained. most humanoids will NEVER have our experiences. If they saw a dragon once or twice in their life, they would pass that story down for generations. Much less a battle or an attack by them. Lore also exaggerates things. I mean, I've meant plenty of humans that exaggerate stuff all the time. As time passes, this becomes the lore, and you being a crazy exception isn't going to change that lore overnight. I think that is basically what I said. So hope that helps /ETA**

Edited by Natayah

Am I the only one who made the connection between Black Truffle dragons and real life truffles? Like the fungus pigs snuffle for? They're rare and expensive. That's what its in reference to. That's what the dragon is inspired by.