DragonNeko

ANSWERED:wrong dragon color

So, the new Siyat dragons come in blue, purple, and green. I did what I was supposed to do in order to get the purple. It hatched purple, grew up purple. But now it's blue and I'm pretty darn upset about it. What the heck could've happened?

are you sure it was purple? I know I have trouble telling blue vs. purple on the hatchlings.  It needs to be less than 2 days if NOT incubated and under a day if it was.

If you look at the dragon's stats, it says it was stolen on Aug 30 and hatched Sept 04. It looks like it needed another day before it would be purple. Did you look at it from a different device to usual or something? I've found the colours can be a little difficult to differentiate when switching between devices. 

Looks like 5 days to me (August had 31 days). Unfortunately, it's now impossible to tell if it was some hours more or less than 5 days old when it hatched :(

I did incubate it. Am I not suppose to to get purple? But that doesn't make sense because it was in fact purple when it hatched. I even zoomed in and did side by side comparisons. If I'm not supposed to incubate it in order to get purple, I guess I screwed up... *sighs*

doesn't explain why it still grew up purple...

Edited by DragonNeko

Incubating it won't keep it from being purple, if you let the egg get low enough in time. It is just less scary to hatch a purple if you don't incubate because it gives you more leeway in your time left. And if it hatched purple it certainly should stay purple.

Well, considering that timing is a thing now, I'd really like to see "caught egg" in the action log, too. Just to avoid this kind of confusion.

Right, that would be just as useful - because one without the other wouldn't really help.

Or, instead, a "scroll development stats" page where we see which dragons we acquire in which order, when they hatch/grow up/get frozen

Although, I think most of this could be avoided if we got these kinds of things on our view page. Instead of "Egg stolen on Sep 8th 2018", it could be "Egg stolen on Sep 8th, 2018 at 06:22:30 PM". Same with hatched and/or grown up timers.

Incubating won't stop you from getting the different colors, but the color times depend on the egg's 'natural' time, so if you Incubated it then you needed to let it get down below 1 day instead of just below 2 days. Doesn't explain why it would hatch purple and then change though... I know I had a really hard time telling the purple and blue hatchies apart, literally had to put both sprites into a paint program and zoom in to tell the difference, it's possible it hatched blue and you just thought it was purple.

46 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Incubating won't stop you from getting the different colors, but the color times depend on the egg's 'natural' time, so if you Incubated it then you needed to let it get down below 1 day instead of just below 2 days. Doesn't explain why it would hatch purple and then change though... I know I had a really hard time telling the purple and blue hatchies apart, literally had to put both sprites into a paint program and zoom in to tell the difference, it's possible it hatched blue and you just thought it was purple.

I zoomed in on the hatchling when it hatched, while comparing it to the hatchling sprite on the wiki page. I was zoomed in on that as well, and it was purple. Guess I'm gonna have to be careful about incubating them now. The one I have now wasn't affected by earthquake, so I dunno how I'm ever gonna get green... Why do they have to be so stinking complicated!?

14 minutes ago, DragonNeko said:

The one I have now wasn't affected by earthquake, so I dunno how I'm ever gonna get green...

Just get some reds, incubate and hatch them before they get down to 3 days incubated. That one's easy at least.

I have a similar problem.
https://dragcave.net/view/POwyV

The stats are there. It had the waiting time to hatch. I don't incubate. I hid it until the time said 1 day and 23 hours. It hatched blue. I waited all that time for a purple.

Never mind. I'm re-purposing it.

Edited by Nyxity

10 minutes ago, Nyxity said:

I have a similar problem.
https://dragcave.net/view/POwyV

The stats are there. It had the waiting time to hatch. I don't incubate. I hid it until the time said 1 day and 23 hours. It hatched blue. I waited all that time for a purple.

It hatched in four days, the timer could not have been that low.

Earthquake if you dare (and ideally if you only own one egg). Maxing it out on fan sites.

But greens are easy - incubate and make sure it hatches before it gets down to 3 days. That isn't hard - just use fan sites with careful planning - adn if you have to use a lot, fog it when it hatches.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

2 hours ago, DragonNeko said:

this egg resisted all three earthquakes that I tried >.<

Earthquake is a bad mechanic, you are most likely to have "nothing happened", and second most likely to have it die or hatch and run away, so I recommend to only EQ if you're desperate. You really don't need to, incubating and hatching at 4d (incubated time, aka 5d real time) will get you a green just fine. Most people who were trying EQ at first was to see if the colours cycled back to purple at a higher time, but it's been proven that that's not the case.

@DragonNeko Did you incubate that egg you have up there ?

Edited by Fuzzbucket

6 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

@DragonNeko Did you incubate that egg you have up there ?

I did. And I incubated the one I have right now. I was gonna get it down to under 2 days to hatch it. maybe even under one day

Edited by DragonNeko

If you incubated it, you need to hatch it when it has no more than 1 day left, or it won't be purple. :) 

I'd let it get to 0d 23h or less to be sure of purple if it was incubated.