Cinspawn

ANSWERED:Possible bug: Red Tail Pygmy Wyrm not counting in this months raffle

Hi, a friend raised the red tail pygmy wyrms to adulthood but they don't seem to count for this months raffle requirement. 

My question is, is this intentional or a bug? 

I've seen a couple other people commenting in threads elsewhere that they don't seem to be counting. 

It would be amazing if someone in the know could address this, and let us know for sure what does count.  Wiki says only Xeno's, Red-Tails and Omen's are considered "Wyrms".  If Red-Tails aren't counting, and Omen's aren't possible that would leave only Xenos. Which seems a bit restrictive, if true.

If they don't count, why are they listed as wyrms in the wiki? Unless that's just user error over there that nobody ever caught or fixed. Can anybody please let us know what's going on?

Since it isn't holiday time, that would mean the requirement should just be changed to Xenowyrms, not wyrms, since they might be the only current possible "wyrm" if red-tails don't count.

Edited by animatedrose

The wiki is not an official source and should not be taken as such.... However, the official Encyclopedia *does* list Red-Taileds as 'Pygmy Dragon (Wyrm)', so it does seem like they should count in this case. It would be great to get an *official* response as to what actually counts in the raffle requirements instead of all this speculating! 

Apart from Red-Tailed Pygmy Wyrms and Omen Wyrms, literally the only wyrms in-cave are xenowyrms, and the wiki categorizes them as "rare".  Does this mean that only people with the means to obtain three rare dragons within a month can enter the raffle?  I thought the new requirements were to add a little variety, not to restrict prizes to the elite and powerful.  /complaint

On a slightly different topic, what if future raffles specified a specific, very common breed of dragon.  It would become briefly desirable, and then hopefully the ratios would go down slightly, right?  I know there's a thread somewhere that offers, um, I think it's a 2nd-gen Holly to whomever collects the most of a certain specified common over the year, to do exactly that.

I admit, if that's the case (xenos being the only ones allowed for this raffle), that kinda kills any newbies' chances of joining. That's gonna bump the chances slightly for those of us with the means to breed xenos. I'm really iffy on it. Yay, better chance for me but...at the expense of another group entirely...

Xenos aren't *that* rare. They're 400 in market. That's less than most uncommons in the cave, and if you can't catch any you can still breed them or trade for cheap bred ones and release after the raffle. But making pygmy wyrms count for certain would be helpful.

Redtails are absolutely wyrms. The problem is whether or not the pygmy subspecies count or not.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Wouldn't it be awful if we got an early September release of some sort of Wyrm?  Just think, everyone might be able to enter the raffle!  But I'm sure that won't happen.

Yep, I'm trying reverse psychology on Chance or Fate or Luck of TJ09 or whoever decides these things.  Nobody tell them.

Yall talk about xenos as if ONLY CB's count. You can get super messy ones, or any bred ones and they'll count. Sure it's only restricted to one breed which sucks but it isn't CB GOLDS ONLY! NO NEWBIES ALLOWED type thing. And with the trading hub, you can trade for any. I can go put up 2gen xenos right now for free and get no bites on them. As well as above put, 400 in market which most of us have by now.

I do wish the pygmies counted though, I feel like they should. What about the two headed lindwyrms? 

All lindwyrms ought to count.  After all, "wyrm" is right in their names.  No, I don't really expect this to sway anyone.  If I hadn't just accidentally egglocked myself, I'd go look to see if you've got any 2Gs up for free.

Edit: oh, can the sea serpents count, too?  After all, they've got neither legs nor wings.  For instance, can I just raise a few more Goldfish?

Edited by Pilauli

Maybe that's why the xenos are so cheap in the Market. Because they're only thing that counts for this raffle.

Lindwyrms are not wyrms, despite the similar names. Wyrms, like worms, have no legs, fins, wings or other limbs. Lindwyrms have 2 front legs (And apparently 2 wings). (Seawyrms are lindwyrms despite their name and those shouldn't count either way). If lindwyrms had stayed lindwurms there might have been less confusion.

7 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Lindwyrms are not wyrms, despite the similar names. Wyrms, like worms, have no legs, fins, wings or other limbs. Lindwyrms have 2 front legs (And apparently 2 wings). (Seawyrms are lindwyrms despite their name and those shouldn't count either way). If lindwyrms had stayed lindwurms there might have been less confusion.

Very good to know!

Some other users are reporting red tails to increase their count on the raffle, however. Has anyone else tried raising one and checking?

also, @Pilauli I've bred all my xenos (mostly 2gens) as well as other users to the ap on the 31st, so they should be coming soon I think. They're at 5d 1hr right now. Hopefully there's at least a small wall.

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

Nice!  Thanks for letting me know!

Edit for posterity: it looks like they slid onto the AP while I was in bed :(.  Thanks anyway, and I hope someone gets good use out of them.

Edited by Pilauli

I feel the need to point out that Market-cost in no way indicates actual biome-frequency. Xenos are indeed rather difficult to get in the biomes, regardless of how little they cost in the Market. TJ specifically said Market prices will reflect under/overpopulation and won't always be on-par with 'rarity'. That's why Chickens cost a ton more then Golds, despite them being seen much more often in the biomes (for most people). 

I also need to point out that *one* breed counting for the raffle requirements will severely screw with most people's playstyles... It's been pointed out that CBs aren't the only ones that count, but many people only collect CBs. Or hate messies. Or only collect breds when they are part of a specific lineage. Etc etc. Limiting it to one specific breed that *is* rather difficult to get is really rather disappointing, imo. I'm really hoping the red-taileds not counting is a glitch, especially since some people are now reporting them counting? Hmm.

Keep in mind the requirements for this month's raffle were likely random - TJ probably set it up to automatically randomly pick one type of dragon, or etc with other variables.

I doubt he actually sat down and said 'Hmmm I'll choose a rare body type that's only one rare breed for the raffle this month!' it was likely randomly generated.

I'll try to find out if it's intended to exclude the pygmies or not.

I hunted for wyrms for about two hours yesterday and again for another two hours today to catch two Xenos and one Red-Tailed. It wasn't hard to catch them and if the Red-Tailed winds up not counting, I will still have 3 weeks to catch and raise another Xeno. It seems fairly reasonable to me.

I have bred many 2G PB Xenos and put them up for "free" in the trade hub, just asking for a dummy. I really do get a lot of offers. I like to check the scrolls and usually choose the people with the least amount of Xenos or no Xenos, that way they can join the raffle.

I don't like this month's requirement either, but no one is being excluded (unless they choose to only raise CBs, which makes it their own silly loss). Anyone can ask for a Xenowyrm in gifting threads or PM one of the many users that take breeding requests or raise BSA hatchlings to trade for bred ones. So please don't bring "elitism" into this--I highly doubt that TJ intended to make it impossible for certain people to enter. I'm sure next month's requirement will be better.

Anyway, I don't understand why Red-Taileds don't count, being that they are listed as wyrms in the Encyclopedia. Seems like an error.

23 minutes ago, orphaned said:

my mature red-tailed wyrm was counted  ....

Same! I got one a few days ago out of the ap and kept it because it was CB. This has been my only wyrm that has matured recently and it says 1 of 3 for my progress. I haven't had a single xeno in a month or two, so I know my little wyrm was definitely counted.

Okay, I guess we got either a false alarm or a sneaky bugfix.  Either way, I'm off to expand my pygmy horde.

So the red-tails do count toward the raffle? Is this confirmed now? Just making sure since I have four growing up on my scroll in the next two days.

18 hours ago, animatedrose said:

So the red-tails do count toward the raffle? Is this confirmed now? Just making sure since I have four growing up on my scroll in the next two days.

Confirmed by my red-tailed, at least, if not by official sources ^^ It just grew up and I'm now 1/3 for raffle requirements. I have raised nothing but Wingless dragons since the beginning of the month, so it can't be any other dragon, it definitely counted in my raffle count!

On 9/2/2018 at 8:58 PM, HeatherMarie said:

It's been pointed out that CBs aren't the only ones that count, but many people only collect CBs. Or hate messies. Or only collect breds when they are part of a specific lineage. Etc etc. Limiting it to one specific breed that *is* rather difficult to get is really rather disappointing, imo.

It does not interfere with anyone's collecting style.  even if someone only collects CBs or a certain lineage.... they can still raise up a messy lineage just for the purpose of the raffle and then release it to the wilderness afterwards so they no longer have to be bothered by having it on their scroll.