Cinspawn

ANSWERED:Telling people to 'PM me on the forums' in a trade

Hi, are we allowed to put in the 'want' box on a public trade that people can reach me on the forums, that my username is the same, etc. ? 

Just wanted to make sure. 

I'm almost positive it's okay to name the first dragon on your scroll something like "Forum Name Cinspawn" and make sure your scroll's not hidden.  Or probably even name one of the parents of your dragon-for-trade that.  I find it hard to believe anyone would offer on a trade without checking the lineage.  Actually, I don't know if that's okay.  It might be a little too "in your face" if you're offering a public trade with significantly-named parents.

14 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

No, we can't.:(

Do you have a post-trade rules update source? 

@Pilauli i think i read that that's okay to do so, but yeah don't take my word for it :V don't wanna get anyone banned. 

EDIT: The first dragon on your scroll part, I mean. 

Edited by Cinspawn

I wouldn't mod it if they  named the parents that. Its not modable as far as I am concerned UNLESS, the user has a name that is inappropriate. The want box is where the report button is, not the parents.  With that said, if there are any parents with rude or vulgar names, please pm any mods (myself as well) the code/name.

Naming your dragons this kind of stuff is fine, according to TJ:

(Didn't want to use a quote because the quotes within would have been lost.)

I have an offer on a Chicken (which doesn't have parents, obviously) and the offer is from a player with NO badges or trophies at all, but I really like the offer since it contains commons that I LIKE like mints and balloons (CB) but I'm egg locked! Is there ANY way to contact this person without breaking the rules to tell them I can't take eggs right now? Is it safe to alter my trade saying something like "I can't take eggs right now" but not mentioning names? I've seen a lot of people with trades saying "egg locked" but I want to make sure.

2 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

I have an offer on a Chicken (which doesn't have parents, obviously) and the offer is from a player with NO badges or trophies at all, but I really like the offer since it contains commons that I LIKE like mints and balloons (CB) but I'm egg locked! Is there ANY way to contact this person without breaking the rules to tell them I can't take eggs right now? Is it safe to alter my trade saying something like "I can't take eggs right now" but not mentioning names? I've seen a lot of people with trades saying "egg locked" but I want to make sure.

>Is it safe to alter my trade saying something like "I can't take eggs right now" but not mentioning names?

Mods mentioned it was bannable

>I've seen a lot of people with trades saying "egg locked" but I want to make sure.

Mods mentioned it was also bannnable.

Just now, DarkEternity said:

>Is it safe to alter my trade saying something like "I can't take eggs right now" but not mentioning names?

Mods mentioned it was bannable

>I've seen a lot of people with trades saying "egg locked" but I want to make sure.

Mods mentioned it was also bannnable.

Ouch, okay. Thank you. That sucks. 

Just now, Suzumiya said:

Ouch, okay. Thank you. That sucks. 

I know right :(

1 minute ago, DarkEternity said:

I know right :(

Is asking for only hatchies bannable? 

If so, there's like 15 trades up right now that need to be changed. XD

If not, I'll be changing my trades to just ask for hatchies.

2 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

"Hatchie" is a want, isn't it ?

I would assume it is, but isn't putting "only want hatchies" bannable? Or not? I'm confused right now!

37 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

Is asking for only hatchies bannable? 

If so, there's like 15 trades up right now that need to be changed. XD

If not, I'll be changing my trades to just ask for hatchies.

I'm p sure that's fine

Ah, that's a relief. I did that and almost immediately got a hatchie offer on a trade I had up. I was offering a pyro xeno egg and they offered a CB Balloon baby. It worked out nicely!

It shouldn't be an offense to state that you can only take hatchies. You could even state that you would prefer hatchies, but can take up to 1 egg. Because it's a clear want, and it's not directed at just one particular player, does not link to any other site and does not ask for communication.

8 minutes ago, olympe said:

It shouldn't be an offense to state that you can only take hatchies. You could even state that you would prefer hatchies, but can take up to 1 egg. Because it's a clear want, and it's not directed at just one particular player, does not link to any other site and does not ask for communication.

I think so too, but I don't wanna risk a ban, so I'll just stick to keeping my wants to "hatchies only" when egg locked. A CB summer just hatched, so I now have one slot free. Yay.

You'll free up another slot when you trade your chicken egg away - that is, if it's still an egg, not a hatchie. I'd still say there's nothing wrong with stating how many eggs you're willing/able to take. But you could pink ping a mod or two (Starscream? Kaini? PDC?) if you wanted a more official statement.

Edited by olympe
Edited because that typo was ridiculous.

22 minutes ago, olympe said:

You'll free up another slot when you trade your chicken egg away - that is, if it's still an egg, not a hatchie. I'd still say there's nothing wrong with stating how many eggs you're willing/able to take. But you could pink a mod or two (Starscream? Kaini? PDC?) if you wanted a more official statement.

There's nothing wrong with stating how many eggs you can take, imo. It's still a want and helps people understand what you're asking for.

'Want: X, hatchlings only, egglocked' is fine.

What you want to avoid is direct communication with another user that doesn't apply to the rest of the people in the hub, stuff like 'username, you're egglocked!'. That's directed at one person, and not the hub as a whole.

Thank you so much, Kaini! I'm so glad to have that confirmed!