Porkchop12

Smallest dragon on DC

I know pygmies are the smallest species but out of them is there a smallest? I want to do a life size sculpture of one but I don't want it to be to big.

Pygmies are about the size of cats. If you wanted, technically, the smallest available species on DC... it would be... this, hehe.

My guess would be pumpkins would be the smallest pygmy? I could be wrong but that's my guess.

Going off of sprites, Common Pygmies and Crimson Flare pygmies seem the smallest.

VenNyn9.gifYGT5u99.gif

37 minutes ago, Kaini said:

Pygmies are about the size of cats. If you wanted, technically, the smallest available species on DC... it would be... this, hehe.

My guess would be pumpkins would be the smallest pygmy? I could be wrong but that's my guess.

Considering that a Pumpkin is smaller than an average (actual) pumpkin, that's pretty small too!

D8Iwd3H.png

What one could do is sculpt the hatchling of any pygmy, maybe have it napping or something, since that would be REALLY small!

I mean--if the adults are sizes of cats, I'd imagine their babies are the size of kittens. 

JbfHRy6.png

Don't forget there are varying sizes of cat breeds too, like munchkin cats and stuff. 

Also, speaking of that, am I right in thinking that pygmies can be diverse in size, so one could be born extra small? Because that might work too if so.

Edited by Tesla
Picture links were busted.

I'd agree with the Common Pygmy as smallest, perhaps Crimson Flare also (Commons look cooler though :P). To me I always read the pumpkin as being bigger, because the sprite is bigger, so I pictured them living in one of those huge pumpkins you sometimes see.

Would Cheese or Paper be smaller technically?  They are both enchanted objects and a cheese wheel isn't very big generally nor a  scroll folded origami style.   Yes, they're classified as regular dragons, but I've always assumed they were the size of the object they were made from.  (thus a second reason why they can't breed: not only are they objects given life through magic, but also much too small to breed)  Also, being unbreedable means not needing a special classification for their size allowing them to stay in the main group. 

Edit:

The Night Glory description says they get mistaken for bats, most bats are smaller than cats.  o.O

Day Glory drakes are the size of 4 month old kitten body-wise, hence they can land on your arm and walk on it. Night Glory drakes are about the same size.

Edited by DragonLady86

If you're strictly asking for dragons, then glory drakes don't count. ;) I'd say dark mysts are the smallest of the pygmies. They eat larvae and occasionally "tiny lizards and frogs". On the other hand, commons eat songbirds, so they must be large enough to catch and kill them, bigger than dark mysts at least.

I honestly think smallest award goes to Mints. They're even described as super small. I'm shocked they can't breed with pygmies. Honestly, a Mint/Mimic pairing would be perfect. Both are the SAME SIZE. 

And yes, Papers/Cheeses are probably really small.

I love me some smol chez. A lot. Cheese is the best sprite on DC.

The mints WERE the smallest, but that was long before any of the Pygmies were released. As I recall the spriter said they were about the size of a VW Bug, much larger than the present Pygmy breeds.

latest?cb=20121026031819

There's a visual. Assuming those are cart tracks, mints are not tiny. Sweetlings are even smaller and are still "standard" breeds. Sprite size has no correlation with creature size.

51 minutes ago, raindear said:

The mints WERE the smallest, but that was long before any of the Pygmies were released. As I recall the spriter said they were about the size of a VW Bug, much larger than the present Pygmy breeds.

It's still funny, especially when pairing them with breed said to be massive, like the Colossus dragons. I can't even imagine. XD